Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

I don't see many stats where Heinicke is superior to Trubisky.

Thank you for putting those stats side by side for a better picture. Clearly shows Turbs 4 years as a starter career stats looks so similar to TH though. I also don't see Turbs superior to TH. Looks more like a push instead.

18 minutes ago, 09 said:

turf eater?

little help for the old guy ... google has nothing ...

Its cause no QB in history ever got sacked like that mfer did! Dude would be hit with a normal tackle and look like someone targeted him with a bus. It was bad 

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Actually, I was among the first to don a #3 jersey, and I used to convince myself that his extra stuff wasn’t extra.  Honestly it wasn’t until the whole “When Peyton Manning…” press conference after the Tampa game that I had seen enough from him.  I even hoped he might have a resurgence elsewhere but that died pretty quick.  

Just the term “turf eater” seemed so fitting and funny to me.🤣

I know. The large text was me being funny. The extra small stuff is me being serious. Its is funny and describes my memories of him exactly. Dude got rocked on the regular. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Please STOP! So it is okay for you to insult my intelligence instead? To you comparing is defending? Maybe you don't think someone else can't be objective without liking/disliking someone. 

Taylor did start last year, 15 games, he was an actual starter by definition. It is okay if you don't want to admit that but he was an actual NFL starter in the year of 2021.

Insulting your intelligence? I'm not the one who consistently makes it a point to bring up and defend the backup QB while simultaneously trying to pretend like I'm not defending him. You pull that routine on a regular basis. Everyone and their mother knows how you feel about Heinicke.

At least admit it instead of pretending to root for Wentz while simultaneously setting likely unrealistic expectations based on metrics that you came up with arbitrary in your head so you can poopoo Wentz if he doesn't live up to your artificial expectations.

And yes, Heinicke started games. So have plenty of bad QBs. Just because he started when the team basically had nobody else to play doesn't mean he's a starting caliber NFL QB. He's not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Insulting your intelligence? I'm not the one who consistently makes it a point to bring up and defend the backup QB while simultaneously trying to pretend like I'm not defending him. You pull that routine on a regular basis. Everyone and their mother knows how you feel about Heinicke.

At least admit it instead of pretending to root for Wentz while simultaneously setting likely unrealistic expectations based on metrics that you came up with arbitrary in your head so you can poopoo Wentz if he doesn't live up to your artificial expectations.

And yes, Heinicke started games. So have plenty of bad QBs. Just because he started when the team basically had nobody else to play doesn't mean he's a starting caliber NFL QB. He's not.

Ummm... I am not in the root for Wentz camp...lol

Now you have a clear picture. Have a nice day. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's a pretty cool stat.  Hopefully he spreads it around a lot here, too.

Really doesn't have much to do with spreading it around...the tweet only mentions wide receivers. Wentz had two TEs who both had over 500 yards (Ertz had almost 1,000 yards) and a running back who had over 500 receiving yards as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

That is assuming he plays really well though. If not then yes it was a one year rental, so to speak. But at least we have Howell so maybe something else to look forward to if he can become our franchise QB instead. 

And? Why would you want to be stuck with a multi-year contract if he isn’t very good? It’s great that if he’s not good for us we aren’t stuck with him, and if he is good for us we have him under contract. Again, that’s a positive of the situation not a negative, so your criticism of it doesn’t make sense. Either way calling it a one year rental as if you already know the outcome just does more to expose your bias, as if that was necessary lol. 

1 hour ago, Conn said:

And? Why would you want to be stuck with a multi-year contract if he isn’t very good? It’s great that if he’s not good for us we aren’t stuck with him, and if he is good for us we have him under contract. Again, that’s a positive of the situation not a negative, so your criticism of it doesn’t make sense. Either way calling it a one year rental as if you already know the outcome just does more to expose your bias, as if that was necessary lol. 

I have been pretty clear. Not high on Wentz. Don't really try to hide anything here....lol

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I have been pretty clear. Not high on Wentz. Don't really try to hide anything here....lol

Actually as many people have been pointing out the last few days, you were masquerading as somebody who had high hopes for Wentz until very recently when you dropped the mask. And like I said at the time, I think we all prefer just discussing it straight up so that’s a good thing. But you definitely did act higher on Wentz (with some backhanded expectations comparing him to Heinicke)  until recently, when it seems you just couldn’t take the Heinicke slander any longer lol. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Actually as many people have been pointing out the last few days, you were masquerading as somebody who had high hopes for Wentz until very recently when you dropped the mask. And like I said at the time, I think we all prefer just discussing it straight up so that’s a good thing. But you definitely did act higher on Wentz (with some backhanded expectations comparing him to Heinicke)  until recently, when it seems you just couldn’t take the Heinicke slander any longer lol. 

Nope. Pretty clear from the beginning I wasn't happy with the Wentz move. Tried to be positive about it and made some positive posts. I am not a tyrant after all...lol I also posted some stuff on Wenz that I saw being talked about from the mediots as well but I do that for other players too.

As for the expectation - it was a drive by comment made by a poster other day that I challenged. He likes to belittle me any turn he can get and thinks I am stupid. So here we are now...lol 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, zCommander said:

Nope. Pretty clear from the beginning I wasn't happy with the Wentz move. Tried to be positive about it and made some positive posts. I am not a tyrant after all...lol I also posted some stuff on Wenz that I saw being talked about from the mediots as well but I do that for other players too.

As for the expectation - it was a drive by comment made by a poster other day that I challenged. He likes to belittle me any turn he can get and thinks I am stupid. So here we are now...lol 

One comment made by one poster? That's not true at all. You've been doing the whole "If Wentz is so much better than Heinicke then he should win 12-14 games, or getting him was a mistake" schtick on and off almost since we traded for him. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mistertim said:

One comment made by one poster? That's not true at all. You've been doing the whole "If Wentz is so much better than Heinicke then he should win 12-14 games, or getting him was a mistake" schtick on and off almost since we traded for him. 

Are you implying that Wentz is not an upgrade and we shouldn't win more than 7 games? What is the realistic goal for you then? I also said at least 11 wins. 12-14 was the higher expectation. 

Edited by zCommander

13 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Are you implying that Wentz is not an upgrade and we shouldn't win more than 7 games? What is the realistic goal for you then? I also said at least 11 wins. 12-14 was the higher expectation. 

Your posting has become borderline trolling at this point. 

It's also very transparent. 

16 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I think you are more than well aware of the variables that go into an NFL season, considering you've spent a lot of time harping on the injuries as the reason for Heineke's drastic decline in play down the stretch.  So pardon me, if I find it incredibly disingenuous to pick some arbitrary # of wins that Wentz must get in order to justify bringing him in.  

Ultimately, Wentz value should be determined by his play - not the total in the win column.

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I am not even going to dignify with a response to this baseless acquisition. 

If you want to acquire something, it should be some accountability for your veiled attempts at acknowledging that Wentz is the only viable starter on the team and Heinicke is fodder.