Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wentz clearly is threatened by Howell.  He’s not there.  

This is the first signs of how terrible a teammate Wentz is and how petty he is.

This is going to poison the locker room.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wentz clearly is threatened by Howell.  He’s not there.  

This is the first signs of how terrible a teammate Wentz is and how petty he is.

This is going to poison the locker room.

What I want to know is why Carson is not working on his craft like he should be? WTF is all this golf ****??  I mean Taylor already knows the offense but Wentz needs every second he can get. 

This has bust written all over it!! And trying to take Taylor down with him! 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, by watching what espn and nfl network show on Wentz, you'd think he had 27 interceptions and 7 TDs, rather than the other way around.  They show all 7 of his interceptions over and over.  The guy threw seven interceptions.  Seven.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

WTF is all this golf ****??  I mean Taylor already knows the offense but Wentz needs every second he can get. 

This has bust written all over it!! And trying to take Taylor down with him! 

Dan Snyder is already pissed because he wasn't invited.

This weekend all the QB's are invited to play at his private course.

boly1616.jpg?itok=HPPm462t

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He wasn't kidding, there's some crazy stuff in there. Huge throws, crazy escapes.  There's no part of the field he can't touch.

It's clear he had shortcomings and some of them came at the worst time, but I do think the narrative has gone overboard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Number 44 said:

Yeah, by watching what espn and nfl network show on Wentz, you'd think he had 27 interceptions and 7 TDs, rather than the other way around.  They show all 7 of his interceptions over and over.  The guy threw seven interceptions.  Seven.

I was listening to Monson from PFF this morning on Sheehan's show rip the Wentz deal and say that's why he graded the Commanders as having the worst off season in the NFL tied with the Patriots on that front.  And somehow in that same interview he also said when pressed that he's a signficant upgrade over Heinicke.   So upgrading the QB spot significantly is somehow the lowest low of the off season in the NFL?  And this is coming from PFF who are obsessed with QB play.

I can't recall a QB in my lifetime maligned to this extent with the pedigree that Wentz has.  Listening to these narratives, you'd think we traded the moon for Blake Bortles.

Even some of the stragglers like Todd McShay who liked the move for Washington at the time have backed off and now are saying expect them to be looking for a QB in 2023.   The only ones I can think of that have stuck by Carson is Mel Kiper and Greg Cosell but with Cosell he's said he's heard some stories about Wentz (suggesting not good ones) but he likes to rely soely on the tape.

I am not a conspiracy type of guy typically but the narrative around Wentz seems a bit too wild for me to believe its just happening organically.  I've blasted Chris Ballard some on this thread for being classless and egotistical about how he's handled the whole thing.  But thinking about it some more, Ballard is worshipped by the national media and draftnik types.  I think some of it has to do with his relationships with them. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Ballard is feeding the media folks and draft community the anti-Wentz narratives.  In my business, I deal with the media a lot.  And if you got relationships with them, the way to really influence a story is to give background information and ask that the specifics aren't reported.  So i can see Ballard telling his media friends how they suckered the Commanders and his media friends spread the word for him because they believe him since Chris Ballard's crap doesn't stink apparently.

Ballard is more or less making fun of the Commanders publicly for the deal, its implied in all of his bashing of Wentz.  You don't continue to slam a player you traded.  Doing it is disrespectful to the player and the team who traded for them.  Frank Reich on the other hand has handled it with class -- he didn't completely paint a rosy picture but also painted things as it being a good move for the Commanders and Wentz should do well there.  That's how most handle a player departing. 

But Ballard to me is on a mission to denigrate Wentz in a way that seems designed to elevate himself -- feels like its him implying, you guys in the media think I walk on water, yep that's kind of true, the Wentz deal went awry and that's the chink on the armor but give me credit for a master recovery on this by suckering the Commanders into that deal. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We haven't seen a QB play like that for us in a very long time, but what a cast of no name pass catchers in that video. Watching Old Ty or Zach Pascal finding holes 30 yards down field and thinking what it would be like for Terry who is always open. I think my favorite passes are seeing the RBs get the ball full stride over the shoulder. That should be fun with Gibby, McKiss and Samuels firing off the line.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Helps Turner with workload management and work/life balance I suppose. 

I'll say this. My biggest criticism of Heini and his ragdoll arm and my theory about it, was that he just didn't have the conditioning and got gassed. We saw it heading into the bye and again at the end of the season, when he clearly just had nothing in the tank at all. That said, I think a year of starting and then a full offseason being the comfortable #2 QB is going to do amazing things for him, when and if he does have to play. I think Heinikie will be a much better QB this season, than last. Having him being on board with Wentz as the starter and Howell being the next up, should really make for a fantastic QB room. Maybe the best we've had.