Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

Maybe the second 3rd is conditional and could be lower if he sucks or doesn’t play for whatever reason 

🤢 it’s the opposite, the conditional 3rd can increase to a 2nd if he plays 70% of snaps 🤮 

It's better than Trubisky, Garoppolo, or Wentz...well, maybe not Wentz.

I worry about his effect on the locker room, if rumors about him are true. But this doesn't solve the long term--they HAVE to draft a QB--and one of the top ones. Someone to sit. Trade Heinicke for anything you can get.

• Like 1

I like wentz more than Mitch or Jimmy G…

would Indy have cut wentz if no trade offers guess we won’t know..

I’ll give him chance as if he sucks this year we move him on…

if he can get back to his best when with eagles maybe just maybe we have slim hope of having a talented QB..

hopefully now at 11 we either draft BPA or trade back for picks 

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Not bad two 3rd and only have to have him for one year. He got alot to prove this year.

Are you sure about that? I'm not being a dick, I need to know if we can legit dump him after this year and not take a cap hit. Terrible trade, but at least he's cheap and technically an upgrade over TH.

I think if I'd known they were gonna trade assets and pick up the contract for Wentz, I'd have rather just pursued Jameis Winston.  The difference between the two us negligible, and Jameis wouldn't cost you anything in picks or contract.  But I imagine, the prospect of them striking out completely was getting higher by the day.  It was secure SOMEBODY or take your chances in free agency with a lot of QB hungry teams.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's better than Trubisky, Garoppolo, or Wentz...well, maybe not Wentz.

I worry about his effect on the locker room, if rumors about him are true. But this doesn't solve the long term--they HAVE to draft a QB--and one of the top ones. Someone to sit. Trade Heinicke for anything you can get.

Wentz was the 19th ranked QB this year....27 TD's 7 picks, 3563 yards.....8 fumbles

16 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Let's wait to see what we traded for him.  I don't know how to feel about this deal yet.  I think he could work out here, but it is a little troubling how Wentz managed to alienate the FO in Indy so thoroughly that his connection to Frank Reich couldn't save him.  He could be a huge pain in the ass.

Supposedly a 3rd rounder and another 3rd rounder -- not sure about the 2nd pick, I've seen 3rd and also seen mid round pick.

Wentz has his faults but the dude has a Rypien level rocket of an arm and can throw the deep ball well.  To maximize that wondering about J. Williams?  Garrett Wilson?  Someone with some seriopus speed.  Granted there are guys like that in the 2nd ala Watson, Pierce, Tolbert, etc.

My point is Wentz to me is a very specific brand and very different skill wise than the Qbs we've had recently.  It makes me think of this receiver group and what would enhance that.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

So, we trade for a mental head case.

No more excuses. If we don’t make the playoffs in 22; Ron is fired.

If Wentz ends up like he did in Philly, Indy fire Ron.

I would still get a backup; probably in draft as TH is only a 3rd stringer.

Wentz better realize this is his last chance. No more being an asshole or a mental head case. Also, you better accept the fact the Manders will get a backup QB that can take your job; given your injury history.

Failure is not option for Carson or Ron. They fail and they are gone. 

I hope Carson overcomes the red flags but he and his coach only get once shot.

If this blows up in our faces like it did for Indy; clean house.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1