Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I actually feel pretty good about todays news. We didnt ruin our next 2 drafts and our current team for an aging but good player. Pickett or Corral will fall to us at 11. Sounds like Seattle likes Willis a lot. And that is good news. Because he is a long term project as a NFL QB. I was worried about Denver taking Corral and Carolina taking Pickett leaving us with scraps. But that is off the table now. We will have one of Pickett or Corral when we pick. I only hope Rivera does the right thing and picks one of them. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep. Rivera passed over QB last year, banking on getting his guy this year. He’s missing out again. I think he will regret not being more aggressive in the draft last year.

I understand all the ‘we had no chance of Stafford’ and Seattle wanted ‘Wilson traded to the AFC’. Well fine, bottom line we are failing so far. No excuse, you simply have to find a way to make that move/upgrade. That’s what our expansive FO are paid the big money for.

why would he have banked on getting someone this year?  This draft class was never considered strong

3 firsts from us was never going to be enough.

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

why would he have banked on getting someone this year?  This draft class was never considered strong

Can’t say I disagree. But he’s targeted this year to get a QB. He’s basically said that. So he’s screwed up there by the looks of things. 

5 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

Jordan Love was a terrible college prospect and has shown nothing in the NFL. I don’t think he’s any better than the QBs in this draft.

He had a pretty good 2018 but then the picks went up in 2019 after a number of his playmakers left. He has all the physical tools in the world. I would take him over Ridder. Ridder is more developed than Love was with reaction time and looking off safeties but Love has the better arm and deep ball. With 2 years in, the hope is that Love has gotten to work on the eyes and processing

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

So basically it was the conference that did us in.  Maybe that means Watson is only going to the NFC?

Seattle wont turn down a better offer. I dont care what anyone says. Russ turned us down. He would rather play in maybe the most difficult division in the game than play here. 

• Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think he will regret not being more aggressive in the draft last year.

It will end up being the end of him. It should have absolutely been the move last year to move up to top 10 for Fields. It could have been seen from a mile away 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

If your Wilson, you remember that Denver does have very recent positive history on this sort of thing (albeit with a FA). Washington did something similar back in 2010 (albeit, a hell cheaper with a team that had almost no talent) that was a fail. You also know that Denver can outbid Washington and are not in your division, so they are more likely to put together a deal that might intrigue your client (who has to agree to let you go elsewhere). You were about 2, 3 and 4 the last time Washington even went to the playoffs for multiple back to back years. In the time Dan has owned the team, they've gone from an historic top-10 franchise to a bottom-10. You'd be playing for one of the most toxic fan-bases I've ever seen.

Agreed, the mess that Snyder has caused is a huge reason why players would rather go elsewhere.

1 minute ago, skinzplay said:

Glad he's not joining the team. Continue building and not giving up precious capital for players who aren't what they used to be.

Building what? Building is irrelevant without a QB. 

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Glad he's not joining the team. Continue building and not giving up precious capital for players who aren't what they used to be.

So we can acquire guys Chase, Haskins, Payne and Allen?

Predictable outcome. We needed to blow Seattle away with an offer and throw money at Wilson. Instead we make an offer basically comparable to a trade competitor, which has the inside track on the player, and wonder why we miss out. 

Given we have researched upwards of 40 QBs, I hope was are already working hard to secure the services of our next target.

• Thumb down 1

This team has drafted well in recent years, despite the occasional miss that every team is guilty of. Keep building.

Wilson didn't want us, so let him go to Denver. I think Hackett is gonna be a very good HC. Best of luck to that team.

53 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep. Rivera passed over QB last year, banking on getting his guy this year. He’s missing out again. I think he will regret not being more aggressive in the draft last year.

I understand all the ‘we had no chance of Stafford’ and Seattle wanted ‘Wilson traded to the AFC’. Well fine, bottom line we are failing so far. No excuse, you simply have to find a way to make that move/upgrade. That’s what our expansive FO are paid the big money for.

But he really didn’t.  All the QBs were gone when we picked.  

We might have been able to go up and get Jones.  They probably was in the cards and they probably should have done it. 

Going up to get fields at 8 probably would have cost at least a 2022 second, 2023 first and probably something else, like a 3rd or 4th.  Teams don’t like to drop from 8 to 11. And Fields wasn’t worth that.  And his play last year definitely justifies not reading multiple firsts and seconds for him.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

We will end up with Wentz or Watson. I don’t see Kyle trading jimmy g to us.

Agree that Wentz is very much in play. I think Seattle hang around then push for Watson pre draft if available/cleared. They now have picks that they just love to trade away.

I would say our relationship with the 49ers is alright in that respect. Wouldn’t see an issue there.