Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

Oh, I wasn’t playing a blame game, he’s handicapped as all hell coaching here. I’m sure we offered a lot, although it sounds like Denver went crazy. It’s just the second offseason in a row we offered for a big name QB who was actually, against all NFL convention, traded…and didn’t get our guy. That stings regardless of “fault”. Stafford wanted LA and Russ I’m sure wanted Denver, nothing to be done about it. Just ****ing hurts to witness 

Definitely hurts. Granted it’s possible he didn’t want to come here, which is absolutely because of Snyder. If not, then we should not be outbid. Trade draft picks and players, whatever it takes to get a franchise QB. 

Edited by dyst

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure if you intended to respond to my post with this.  I assume you are referring to Watson.  My post was about Wilson. 

I read it as you “dread Wilson in Philly”. Which made no sense so I assumed you meant Watson. I missed the “ed” at the end of dreaded. Carry on :ols:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

My initial read was that was a steep, steep price for a 33 year old QB. Fant is a solid young TE, who they just grabbed in the 1st round 3 drafts ago. The DL is a solid player too.

If you told me we would trade 1/2/1/2, Dyami Brown and Daron Payne for Russ, I don't know if I would be happy.

I would put it all on Dan's plane and personally fly it to Seattle and pick up Russ.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am almost positive we offered more.

Yeah if that's all the Seahawks got that isn't much at all. Lock is a garbage QB, he's basically negative value. Harris is a decent DT but turns 31 in August. Fant is a nice young TE.

I'd have held out for one more 1st and 2nd at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'd be shocked if we didn't offer as much going back the other way except we don't have a "maybe" QB like Lock on the roster.  So maybe that's what did it.

That's a heck of a lot to give up, though.  

We probably didnt offer as much. However its probably very similar to last year with stafford. we called made an initial offer, we never got a counter and seattle leaked that we offered to drive up the price on the broncos. Hence its going to look like we got outbid when thats not necessarily the case

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

My initial read was that was a steep, steep price for a 33 year old QB. Fant is a solid young TE, who they just grabbed in the 1st round 3 drafts ago. The DL is a solid player too.

If you told me we would trade 1/2/1/2, Dyami Brown and Daron Payne for Russ, I don't know if I would be happy.

Seattle traded something like 2 first and a second rounder for a safety not too long back.

The price for their franchise QB was always going to be 4 top picks minimum.

Fair play to Seattle and Wilson, I’ve been saying a trade was in their best interest longer term, and they do it. Forward thinking.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

You deserve Taylor Heinicke then. 

They stole a HOF QB. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I told all of you that you need to brace for disappointment. Some were there already before I said that of course. Some listened. Some didn’t. And here we are. The two big fish that were “available” aren’t Commanders.

Starting at Quarterback, MITTTTCCCCHHHHHHH “ONE HOP GRASSHOPPER” TRUUUBBBIIIISSSSKKKYYYYYY

I get the feeling that the whole noise coming from the Washington team has been about preparing us as best they can for disappointment.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I still have a feeling We're going to get Carr in a 3 team deal with the 49ers.   Jimmy G. goin to the Raiders.

That's what I am hoping.

My one takeaway is if there is a sliver of hope, there is hope.  Keim kept saying there is a sliver with Wilson.  He's saying the same about Carr. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

This changes the top 10 in the draft.   You would have to assume Seattle takes Willis or Corral.

I still have a feeling We're going to get Carr in a 3 team deal with the 49ers.   Jimmy G. goin to the Raiders.

Corral they really want him it sounds like. I think the Carr for 3 also.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't blame him. The division is tougher but he has a much better supporting cast in Denver. And that isn't even factoring in the toxicity of our ownership/franchise culture.

I am expecting to also get a deal very near 50mil per year as well. Aren’t the Broncos totally stacked with cap space too.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't blame him. The division is tougher but he has a much better supporting cast in Denver. And that isn't even factoring in the toxicity of our ownership/franchise culture.

He said in a recent interview more or less he sees himself now as a west coast guy, not an east coast guy. 

Denver has the better supporting cast.    Seattle preferred to deal him to the AFC.  Perfect storm. 

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

They are one of the few teams that can withstand trading a good young TE like Fant because they also hit on an even younger TE in Albert O., so this actually saves them a big TE contract for a couple years and Wilson might make him a star. Russ had a slump while injured last year that depressed his value a bit imo, he could play at least five years and doesn’t need to run around as much as when he was younger to do it. Imo it was a pretty cheap price to pay, the players going back don’t matter too much and the picks are very very reasonable. 

Edited by Conn

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's what I am hoping.

My one takeaway is if there is a sliver of hope, there is hope.  Keim kept saying there is a sliver with Wilson.  He's saying the same about Carr. 

With the big 2 QBs getting sorted today, I would really expect a couple more QB moves to follow soon after. You have to aggressively close a deal out now.