Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I don't think the Browns will let go of Mayfield just yet. They exercised his 5th year option so they still have him under contract for 2022. My guess is they let him play that year out and then re-evaluate next year. I also think he's a good QB who just got hit hard by injuries and then the COVID situation + OBJ effed everything up. He had an amazing 2nd half of last season and also QB-ed the Browns first playoff win since moving back to Cleveland and it was in Pittsburgh to boot.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

What did the Lions do? We're talking about trading for Carr, right? So, wouldn't we be the Rams in this?

So, you wouldn't get Carr then? Because that offer is absurd.

Giving up a lot for a middle of pack QB or absorbing his contract is what i was referring to. Detroit will inherit the four years and $106.6 million remaining on Goff's deal. Sure the Lions got some nice picks in return too. But still paying that kind of dough for the talent of Goff is stupid. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I hope Cleveland does something stupid because I'd take Mayfield in a heartbeat. 

Conviced he's jus had an injury played down year and that's not the end of who he is.

Are there legit rumors to Raiders moving in from Carr?  I keep hearing his name, but he's 3rd in the NFL in passing yards, why would Raiders move on from him?

There are always rumors about the Raiders moving Carr, probably because a lot of sportswriters like to think that the Raiders are big-time wheeler dealers.  His contract wasn't backweighted, so his cap hit for 2022 is pretty good at around $20M.

New Orleans would be a lot more likely destination, but they have some serious cap space problems for 2022 and that's with no QBs on their roster.  I don't know if they could work it out.

Carr is 30 with one year left on his contract, so his next contract will likely be his last chance to score big.  He can effectively void any trade by giving the Raiders the Trent Williams treatment.  The only way he comes to the WFT is with a monster contract extension with tons af guaranteed money.  Otherwise, he'll force the Raiders to trade him to a team in contention so he can pump up his stock for free agency in 2023.

Edited by theTruthTeller
duplicate text
  • Like 2

You never know who can become available. Depending on who moves where we may get a chance to get someone not even on the list.We will make a move just will the move be huge. Another guy who played real well when given a chance was T Huntley from ravens. I imagine they will want world for him. 

The Lamar Jackson contract is taking along time. That would be a the guy I would want if we could pick. Never happen but something to watch.

12 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

You never know who can become available. Depending on who moves where we may get a chance to get someone not even on the list.We will make a move just will the move be huge. Another guy who played real well when given a chance was T Huntley from ravens. I imagine they will want world for him

The Lamar Jackson contract is taking along time. That would be a the guy I would want if we could pick. Never happen but something to watch.

You think they'd ask the world for a UDFA who's started 2 games?

42 minutes ago, zskins said:

Giving up a lot for a middle of pack QB or absorbing his contract is what i was referring to. Detroit will inherit the four years and $106.6 million remaining on Goff's deal. Sure the Lions got some nice picks in return too. But still paying that kind of dough for the talent of Goff is stupid. 

I'm not sure you completely understand that trade. Stafford wanted out and the Lions wanted picks. The only way that could happen is if the Lions absorbed Goff and his contract. 

The Lions did not go looking to bring in Goff. He was the pickle, not the sandwich.

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You think they'd ask the world for a UDFA who's started 2 games?

Who was that quarterback that had that one good game, I think for the Packers, and then Seattle traded a first for him the same year they drafted Wilson?

Genuinely asking, it just reminded me of that.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Who was that quarterback that had that one good game, I think for the Packers, and then Seattle traded a first for him the same year they drafted Wilson?

Genuinely asking, it just reminded me of that.

Yeah that was Matt Flynn 2011. Came in for one game with the Packers and tossed 6 TDs and everyone went wild assuming he was the next elite QB. Seattle bit and tossed a huge contract his way for the 2012 season...and then he got beaten out at camp by Russell Wilson and then spent a few years bouncing around from one team to another and did basically nothing.

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Matt Flynn

Screenshot 2021-12-29 110325.png

Just now, mistertim said:

Yeah that was Matt Flynn 2011. Came in for one game with the Packers and tossed 6 TDs and everyone went wild assuming he was the next elite QB. Seattle bit and tossed a huge contract his way for the 2012 season...and then he got beaten out at camp by Russell Wilson and then spent a few years bouncing around from one team to another and did basically nothing.

Yep, that was the guy!  I hope we don't ever sell the farm for a one-year-wonder (Cassel) let alone a one-GAME wonder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yep, that was the guy!  I hope we don't ever sell the farm for a one-year-wonder (Cassel) let alone a one-GAME wonder.

Who was the guy who had about a great half a year for the Pats I think and the Dolphins went bonkers to get him? Brian Mitchell I think?

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who was the guy who had about a great half a year for the Pats I think and the Dolphins went bonkers to get him? Brian Mitchell I think?

Scott Mitchell with the Lions?

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Matt Cassel was the Pats guy that hits me. 

I always find it strange PFF lists the stats alongside grades, yet the two don’t really seem to match up at all for some players.  Compare Daniel Jones to Heinicke’s stats for example.  Not saying they don’t have a reason, just that the discrepancy throws me off.

Based off PFF, seems like Brisset would be a solid vet (stopgap) option for us next year…

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I hope Cleveland does something stupid because I'd take Mayfield in a heartbeat. 

Conviced he's jus had an injury played down year and that's not the end of who he is.

Are there legit rumors to Raiders moving in from Carr?  I keep hearing his name, but he's 3rd in the NFL in passing yards, why would Raiders move on from him?

I think the Raiders are legit destinations for both Wilson and Rodgers.  Along with some picks, Carr and one of those QBs could just swap teams.

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Goff IMO is a bad QB, not a middle of the pack QB.   Derek Carr IMO is better than middle of the pack.  He's IMO 10-14 range.

Maybe we could beat Dallas with him...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Goff for the Lions is what Brock Osweiler was to the Browns when the Texans sent Brock and multiple picks to the Browns to dispose of him.

The Rams weren't just getting Stafford. They were getting rid of Goff's contract. Someone had to swallow the pill, and the Lions had the cap space to do it if the price was right. If it wasn't for the Lions losing a QB who has clearly done great work for the Rams this season, I'd call it a brilliant trade like the Browns' for Brock. But it's still funny to watch Goff play while everyone on the team, including him, knows that the Lions don't want him.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Goff IMO is a bad QB, not a middle of the pack QB.   Derek Carr IMO is better than middle of the pack.  He's IMO 10-14 range.

Maybe we could beat Dallas with him...

I’d like our chances far more with Carr than Heinicke, but I’d still give him next to no chance if we can’t pass protect or run the ball… let alone with the defense crapping the bed.  

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’d like our chances far more with Carr than Heinicke, but I’d still give him next to no chance if can’t pass protect or run the ball… let alone with the defense crapping the bed.  

Carr has the team on his shoulders.  The Raiders run game is almost at the bottom of the league this year.    Their defense ranked as one of the worst in points allowed.   Heck they were worse than us on that front right until last Sunday's debacle.   They have a bad O line.

This roster would be an improvement for Carr.    The Raiders rely on Carr -- he's their James Bond.  He's their lead character.    He played Dallas without crapping the bed.  The Cowboys sacked him three times.  They got some heat on him.  Our O line > Raiders.   But he threw for almost 400 years and had a big game. 

He has 6 times the number of Heinicke's 300 yard games this year.  6:1  He has 4 games with 370 yards or more.

With him its not, hey Gibson lead the way and throw for 200 yards or so to complement him.  You can put the game on his shoulders.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5