Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I still think we should trade for Watson. Include Chase and his ACL and failure to show up for voluntary workouts. We need a QB. A 26 year old top 5 QB is available. 

Watson has a no-trade clause in his contract so he isn't coming here unless he actually wants to come here. IIRC there was a short list of teams he would accept that was leaked last year and we definitely weren't on it. 

Most players don't want to come here.

Watson isn't coming here. We really should stop with this pipe dream and focus on reality.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Watson has a no-trade clause in his contract so he isn't coming here unless he actually wants to come here. IIRC there was a short list of teams he would accept that was leaked last year and we definitely weren't on it. 

Watson isn't coming here. We really should stop with this pipe dream and focus on reality.

Not to mention there literally isn't a QB out there that would be worse for the already butchered image of the franchise.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Who are you to tell people to stop dreaming about QBs coming here? If it’s not harming you in any way, let people have those dreams if they choose to. It’s what being a fan is all about. 

• Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Who are you to tell people to stop dreaming about QBs coming here? If it’s not harming you in any way, let people have those dreams if they choose to. It’s what being a fan is all about. 

You act like I'm telling him he can't be a doctor when he grows up or something.

It's not "harming" me, but it's just pointless to keep talking about it over and over. It's not part of a real QB discussion because it's not going to happen. I'd prefer talking about actual realistic scenarios instead of ones straight out of la-la land.

Maybe we should have a separate thread called "The Unrealistic QB Dream Scenario Thread" and people can talk about getting Wilson or what would happen if the Chiefs offered to trade Mahomes to us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Who are you to tell people to keep dreaming up unrealistic QB possibilities here? It's not harming you in any way. Let those people crush other peoples silly dreams. It's what being a message board member is all about 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

I think we should trade with the Bills this offseason. The Bills were thinking of trading Trubisky to us, but backed off at the last second. I think it's because they see something in Trubisky. McDermott loves him. So that leaves Josh Allen expendable. It would be a hard bargain, but I think if the Bills trade us Josh Allen + 2 first rounders, we could probably give them a 5th rounder and Steven Montez if we sign him back to the roster.

5 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I think we should trade with the Bills this offseason. The Bills were thinking of trading Trubisky to us, but backed off at the last second. I think it's because they see something in Trubisky. McDermott loves him. So that leaves Josh Allen expendable. It would be a hard bargain, but I think if the Bills trade us Josh Allen + 2 first rounders, we could probably give them a 5th rounder and Steven Montez if we sign him back to the roster.

Nope. They backed off because Fromm tested positive for Covid while negotiating and they didn’t have a backup QB. They are not going to re-sign him this offseason by reports. So they were going to get something for him that they wouldn’t have. And then Fromm popped positive and that was that. 

Beyond that, with the Josh Allen stuff… I’m not making that trade unless we also get a bag of venison jerky.

Edited by KDawg
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 4:26 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Who are you to tell people to keep dreaming up unrealistic QB possibilities here? It's not harming you in any way. Let those people crush other peoples silly dreams. It's what being a message board member is all about 

Who are you to tell people who are telling people who are  tel...oh nevermind... 😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Maybe the team name should be the Washington Soup Lines, being we seem to be wanting to take others' leftovers.

Until this team gets a solid proven coaching staff with good developmental staff no QB coming here will have long term success. I honestly don't know of any QB who is on the way out that would be a good idea, mostly because they're on their way out for a reason, and we're just giving up draft picks for someone's leftovers.

If Rivera brings stability to the organization and other aspects of the team are fixed/corrected/changed then it may make the team more attractive to a good QB, but there's mstill work to do on that front.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If Heinicke shows a consistent level of solid play through the rest of this season at the very least we know Plan B is already on the roster. Makes it easier to go all in on Plan A

This right here.

My continued hope is Heineke proves to be a competent QB with great running ability and him “compete” with a rookie QB next year. The value for Washington is extremely high with that scenario all around: financially and on the field. 

• Like 2

Yeah we’re quickly taking ourselves out of the QB sweepstakes, too. Howell may not come out. If he does we may still be too low in the draft order. Corral likely goes 1 to Detroit. Willis will go high despite any shortcomings because of the potential. Pickett is still a wild card until we see him throw with the larger NFL ball. Ridder MAY be available and while I don’t love him he may be our best draft option if we win a game or two more. 

Right now I’d say Detroit takes Corral, Houston takes Willis. Giants go Pickett/Howell. 

I have this feeling we’re going to strike out in the QB sweepstakes again and Heinicke is going to be the guy for us unless Russell Wilson decides he wants to live in the DMV and we give up a lot to get him. Don’t see Rodgers coming here (if he goes anywhere I could see a New Orleans, Denver or Pittsburgh stop). 

Mayfield will get re-signed and he’s not great anyways.

Watson will wind up in Miami if he gets cleared (and this case could go on for awhile).

Don’t get too attached to the idea of a shiny new QB, folks. Heinicke may be the guy. Whether we love it or not.

• Like 4

On another note, while I love listening to Kevin Sheehan, he's my fav radio host -- boy is he having a rough season as for his predictions for how things would unfold.

I am listening to him now talk down Daniel Jones a little and say the NY Giants are the worst team in the division.  Well, in the off season, he was so up the Giants butt you'd think he was a fan of their team.  The Giants this and the Giants that.  Not just he was infatuated with the Giants but a lot of the local media.

I recall him saying he was a believer in Daniel Jones.  I recall he wasn't much of a Mac Jones guy and said Trask >>> Jones.  He was practically screaming for Sam Darnold as being a good get on the market and how much he believes in him. 

The one thing he was right about which I recall and I agreed with him was Stafford would be a good get.   He also so far as been right about the defense being overrated coming into the season.  But as for QBs and the Giants, he has had it rough. :ols:     And again I can't just put it on him the love fest with the local media for the Giants was wild. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah we’re quickly taking ourselves out of the QB sweepstakes, too. Howell may not come out. If he does we may still be too low in the draft order. Corral likely goes 1 to Detroit. Willis will go high despite any shortcomings because of the potential. Pickett is still a wild card until we see him throw with the larger NFL ball. Ridder MAY be available and while I don’t love him he may be our best draft option if we win a game or two more. 

Right now I’d say Detroit takes Corral, Houston takes Willis. Giants go Pickett/Howell. 

I have this feeling we’re going to strike out in the QB sweepstakes again and Heinicke is going to be the guy for us unless Russell Wilson decides he wants to live in the DMV and we give up a lot to get him. Don’t see Rodgers coming here (if he goes anywhere I could see a New Orleans, Denver or Pittsburgh stop). 

Mayfield will get re-signed and he’s not great anyways.

Watson will wind up in Miami if he gets cleared (and this case could go on for awhile).

Don’t get too attached to the idea of a shiny new QB, folks. Heinicke may be the guy. Whether we love it or not.

The only way I think they pass on QB and run with Heinicke is he just kills it through the rest of the season.

Otherwise, I agree with the premise of your point, draft status, but I don't think it will stop them.   I've mentioned before Keim has been right a lot from tracking what they end up doing in the off season versus what he's predicted over the years. 

Granted things can change over time so I won't take him ultra seriously until the season is finished and things have unfolded as for the set up for the off season.  But headed to this season, the impression I got listening to him was that the FO expected some success versus having a high draft pick.  Yet, his feeling from talking to whomever is they will be aggressive whether its trading for a veteran or trading up in the draft to get their guy this off season.

I think the only way Code Red is off for the off season with them at QB is if they are wowed by Heinicke and now see him as the franchise QB.  According to Keim weeks ago they didn't see Heinicke like that but I guess you never know things can change.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The only way I think they pass on QB and run with Heinicke is he just kills it through the rest of the season.

Otherwise, I agree with the premise of your point, draft status, but I don't think it will stop them.   I've mentioned before Keim has been right a lot from tracking what they end up doing in the off season.  Granted things can change over time so I won't take him ultra seriously until the season is finished and things have unfolded as for the set up for the off season.  But headed to this season, the FO expected some success versus having a high draft pick.  Yet, his feeling from talking to whomever is they will be aggressive whether its trading for a veteran or trading up in the draft to get their guy this off season.

I think the only way Code Red is off for the off season with them at QB is if they are wowed by Heinicke and now see him as the franchise QB.  According to Keim weeks ago they didn't see Heinicke like that but I guess you never know things can change.  

My point is more that it doesn’t matter if we are Code Red or not. We may not have a choice.

If this team trades up to draft a meh QB prospect in the first just to do it I will be supremely disappointed. Bad teams do that out of desperation and desperation leads to set backs. 

If Howel/Corral aren’t available I’d rather take the best position player/LT the draft has to offer and roll with Heinicke, despite his flaws. 

Pickett is still a wild card to me. Ridder is a reach with so many good prospects on the board in the teens. Armstrong will likely be able to be had later.

I just don’t think we’re going to have the chance to get a true upgrade this year. 

• Like 2

Maybe a trade back into the first for Ridder or a punt in the first if we can get good value for our first. This is such a good year to draft defense with our first two picks. LBer and FS are just stacked. Grabbing those positions with a RB1 to add to it would do wonders for this team, even with Heinicke at QB1. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My point is more that it doesn’t matter if we are Code Red or not. We may not have a choice.

If this team trades up to draft a meh QB prospect in the first just to do it I will be supremely disappointed. Bad teams do that out of desperation and desperation leads to set backs. 

If Howel/Corral aren’t available I’d rather take the best position player/LT the draft has to offer and roll with Heinicke, despite his flaws. 

Pickett is still a wild card to me. Ridder is a reach with so many good prospects on the board in the teens. Armstrong will likely be able to be had later.

I just don’t think we’re going to have the chance to get a true upgrade this year. 

Listening to the press conference yesterday it seems like Ron is doing a lot of looking into this year's draft, FA and Heinicke. I hope he's the one making the decision (him, Scot and the Martys) vs Dan. But knowing the history I have a strong feeling we know how this will go. That's one of the reasons why I am so high on lower round guys, they're less likely to be Dan picks so like Kirk, if they can ball then they play and we win some games. Unfortunately we eventually will have to deal with Dan (Bruce/Scot) and him not paying Kirk, and i have a feeling that Dan may be an anti Heinicke guy because he loves arm strength over all and that's the one (or one of two with the other being height) things that Heinicke doesn't have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Maybe a trade back into the first for Ridder or a punt in the first if we can get good value for our first. This is such a good year to draft defense with our first two picks. LBer and FS are just stacked. Grabbing those positions with a RB1 to add to it would do wonders for this team, even with Heinicke at QB1. 

A bellcow back, a true FS are definitely options that would make this team better. An Evan Neal should also be a strong consideration. I also would listen to offers for Young and Sweat for the draft capital. Whether for this upcoming draft or the 23 Draft. I’m NOT saying trade them. I’m also not saying not to trade them. But listen. 

Edited by KDawg

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note, while I love listening to Kevin Sheehan, he's my fav radio host -- boy is he having a rough season as for his predictions for how things would unfold.

I am listening to him now talk down Daniel Jones a little and say the NY Giants are the worst team in the division.  Well, in the off season, he was so up the Giants butt you'd think he was a fan of their team.  The Giants this and the Giants that.  Not just he was infatuated with the Giants but a lot of the local media.

I recall him saying he was a believer in Daniel Jones.  I recall he wasn't much of a Mac Jones guy and said Trask >>> Jones.  He was practically screaming for Sam Darnold as being a good get on the market and how much he believes in him. 

The one thing he was right about which I recall and I agreed with him was Stafford would be a good get.   He also so far as been right about the defense being overrated coming into the season.  But as for QBs and the Giants, he has had it rough. :ols:     And again I can't just put it on him the love fest with the local media for the Giants was wild. 

Don't forget about his idiotic take that Barkley is the best non-qb in the division.  Although to be fair, he was spot on Parsons (no one denied his talent.  Just his huge character red flags).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's possible.  But usually you have a shot.  So I disagree with your guess.  But granted we are both guessing.

Corral has been my guy from week 1 of the season, I liked him a little last year too so yeah he's the guy I want.  I like Howell, too.   But for me still its not just those guys or bust.  But I get where you are coming from.  Corral and Howell and the style of how they play are up my alley. 

I am still digesting.  As for Armstrong, I noticed he has some traction on the draft thread but not the same love elsewhere for the most part with some exceptions.  I just watched one of his games.  I wasn't blown away but I'll watch more.  Of the mid round guys thus far I think my guy is Haener.

As we know the draft is a bit of a crap shoot so true upgrade is almost always in doubt.  But I think almost no doubt they will have a shot to draft or trade up for one of the touted prospects whether its the one we liked, you got me.  But I'll trust the process.  According to Keim, Hurney was a big Herbert guy.  If so, maybe he has a good eye for it.

Beyond those 2 QBs, Pickett, Willis, Ridder and even Strong intrigue me on some level.  I can get confident when I don't like a QB as to why I don't think they have it.  I am not sold yet on those 4 QBs I mentioned but i am also not out on them either.  I was out on some QBs in the last draft.  Those 4 I am not completely sold on by a long shot but not unsold either.    Plenty for example think Pickett > Howell.  While that isn't my initial impression just yet, it also doesn't feel wild to me.  Ditto the draft geeks who have Willis as the top QB on the board.  I get why some like Ridder even though I got some questions about him.  Ditto Strong.

I've been in the tank for Rivera and defended him a ton.  I liked Mac Jones and Fields, he skipped trading up for both.  And I defended him for it in part because people (including Keim) said from what they've heard Rivera's intention was to go town for the QB next year not this year.  This year he didn't think the team was ready to lose draft capital in a trade up.

If he skips QB next year too after all this and makes his move at QB in season 4, then count me among the people who will rip him.   And I will rip him hard.  This is a QB league.  This team is arguably the joke of the NFL as for how they've struggled to find that guy and try to win without him.  I've defended him passing on it this off season.  There is some logic to it even though i disagreed.   But if he takes a pass again.  Wow.  The criticism will be deafening and count me in that group.  Lol, I feel angry even typing about it now. :ols:

Only way I'd defend him is if one of two things happened:  Heinicke becomes a franchise QB or they really swing hard and miss and miss and miss.  I know you think the later likely happens.  Personally, i don't think they will miss all their targets.  I'd be surprised if they aren't intrigued by more QBs than just Corral and Howell.  I know I am intrigued by more than just those 2. 

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The way the season is shaping up, Eagles might pass at QB this draft albiet the Giants I think are slam dunk going to take one

They are in the worst cap situation in the NFL.  They have to keep Jones simply because he's cheap on his rookie deal.  They might take a QB with new management coming in (no way Gettlemen survives this year).  I wonder if they fire Judge?