Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Apparently there is "league-wide consensus" that Daniels is the QB2 of this draft. I put that in quotes because nobody professes to know whether Peters agrees with that "consensus". But there you have it. That's the most we're going to get until likely Thursday.

It’s going to be funny watching all the talking heads doing the moonwalk this weekend lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The beta format was notably superior in every way and remained the standard for pro use for decades after it left the consumer sector. But marketing rules the day in consumer electronic and Panasonic/JVC/Matsu****a sold rights to VHS to manufacturers for next to nothing whereas Sony vote to try to keep beta manufacturing much more to themselves as the higher quality offering ( a strategy that had worked very well for them in radios and especially tvs, especially with their "Trinitron" models of the day. 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓😛

image.png.9d3e3488afa674cad49506bb5c4f8ffa.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Challenge:

Predict the top 5 picks (with trades) for bragging rights.

1. Bears take Caleb

2. Commanders take Daniels

3. Vikings trade with Patriots and take Maye

4. Arizona takes MHJ

5. Giants trade with Chargers and take McCarthy

EDIT-

Contest Scoring System-

You get 1 point for correctly picking the first pick.

5 points for correctly picking the Commanders pick (it has to be the most points we’re on a Commanders forum).

3 points each for correctly picking the 3rd, 4th, and 5th draft picks.

Bonus of 2 points for every correctly predicted trade. (You must be correct on both the teams that trade and the player selected).

1. Bears - Caleb

2. Commanders - McCarthy

3. Patriots - Maye

4. Cardinals - MHJ

5. Vikings trade with Chargers - Daniels

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Curious which channel everyone prefers for draft coverage?

Normally I stick to NFL Network, but was just watching command center and apparently Peters and Quinn will be making comments right after each pick...

• Like 1

It’s going to be Daniels. And I’m going to need to constantly reassure myself that we didn’t pass on quarterbacks that can survive and that Daniels isn’t necessarily RG3. 

that's my biggest hang up and as we get closer I like the idea less and less.

My mantra will be, “just think what he can do if he’s healthy, just think what he can do if he’s healthy…”

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s going to be Daniels. And I’m going to need to constantly reassure myself that we didn’t pass on quarterbacks that can survive and that Daniels isn’t necessarily RG3. 

My mantra will be, “just think what he can do if he’s healthy, just think what he can do if he’s healthy…”

Just repeat in your mind that maybe he is so skinny the laws of physics do not apply to him. Kinda like punching a feather floating in the air. 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He mentioned in his interview a nutrionist is working with him to put on another 10-15 pounds but was told to do it gradually.

You are the weight lifter here, any thoughts what you would do on that front?

Well if you’re going to predict something might as well be as wild as possible; at least with picks 2-5 obviously 1 is in stone.

1. Chi Williams

2. Minn Maye

3. LA Chargers Harrison Jr.

4. AZ Malik

5.Oak Daniels

in this scenario we trade out with Minny, after they swap picks with Atlanta for the tampering charge. We get 8, 23, 2024 3rd, 2025 1st & 3rd

The Pats trade back twice so the Chargers can jump AZ and the Raiders who love Daniels.

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Well if you’re going to predict something might as well be as wild as possible; at least with picks 2-5 obviously 1 is in stone.

1. Chi Williams

2. Minn Maye

3. LA Chargers Harrison Jr.

4. AZ Malik

5.Oak Daniels

in this scenario we trade out with Minny, after they swap picks with Atlanta for the tampering charge. We get 8, 23, 2024 3rd, 2025 1st & 3rd

The Pats trade back twice so the Chargers can jump AZ and the Raiders who love Daniels.

Then McCarthy at 8?

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

That top 5 is pretty much a lock at this point. But there are reports coming out that the Pats are now putting #3 up for sale.

They are putting 3 up for sale because they don't want JD. 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

He mentioned in his interview a nutrionist is working with him to put on another 10-15 pounds but was told to do it gradually.

You are the weight lifter here, any thoughts what you would do on that front?

It’s tricky. He’s a mid 20’s male athlete who has had top flight nutritionists available to him since at least 2018.

Adding muscle mass is doable, and adding it gradually will help, but it’s tricky. Some guys put on weight and lose a lot of their quickness, even if the speed remains. Some do it so we’ll you barely notice.

He certainly can add good weight to his frame. He has the room for it. But he has to be careful. The reason he’s so highly touted is his ability to make plays with his legs.

His smart move is to slowly fade away from being a runner - stop me if you’ve heard that from someone before - and become a bit bigger and a pocket passer. That increases his longevity tenfold. But that transition should really be through his rookie contract.

The discipline to do that is… not common. And he’s had the opportunity to do it while in college and hasn’t. 

I don’t know.

I keep coming back to the “well, if he’s healthy you’re going to be so happy they picked him” and it’s reassuring as hell.

Until the cynical side of my brain says, “ya, but what if he’s not?”

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Wow, Jayden over Caleb. He must really love him as a prospect. 

Or he has been fed info and is helping the team by claiming him the best in the draft. Regardless. I think the decision has been made at this point. Just too many people saying the same thing to ignore it anymore. I am fine with it being Daniels. Watching him run is going to be awesome.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Or he has been fed info and is helping the team by claiming him the best in the draft. Regardless. I think the decision has been made at this point. Just too many people saying the same thing to ignore it anymore. I am fine with it being Daniels. Watching him run is going to be awesome.

He doesn’t work for the team or keep up with any of the hype. He is fairly checked out. Watched a bunch of tape past few weeks to land on these rankings

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JJ is on the rise. I hope it’s him. He would be a perfect teammate that always puts the team first. He has good athleticism, good accuracy, strong arm. He’s used to cold weather. He’s going to work his butt off to be the best he can be.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1