Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

What I find odd is how many insiders/contacts in the NFL think the Patriots should trade down but we shouldn't. Why should we stick but not them?

Because we pick second and there are only two good quarterbacks.

I'm trying to think of the teams that "built the roster" and then found the QB.

The first is the 00s Steelers who thought they stunk when they drafted Roethlisberger and then realized "Oh ****....we're good."

I guess the Rams did it when they signed Stafford but that was the rare "one year all in bet" that actually paid off. 

The other were the recent 49ers who seem to have done it three times in the last decade, which suggests they haven't actually done it. It's possible that their roster is so good that anyone could play QB. Me....you....a feral cat.

Also, I wish Mike Ditka were still alive to push JJ McCarthy. He would like the cut of his jib.

• Like 1

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The first is the 00s Steelers who thought they stunk when they drafted Roethlisberger and then realized "Oh ****....we're good."

I guess the Rams did it when they signed Stafford but that was the rare "one year all in bet" that actually paid off. 

The other were the recent 49ers who seem to have done it three times in the last decade, which suggests they haven't actually done it. It's possible that their roster is so good that anyone could play QB. Me....you....a feral cat.

Also, I wish Mike Ditka were still alive to push JJ McCarthy. He would like the cut of his jib.

Mike Ditka is still alive lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’d be more inclined to believe JJ McCarthy is a great driver if mom and dad would’ve trusted him with the keys a little more often.

I will say that If Harbaugh talks an NFL team into drafting JJ in the top five, I will take back everything I've ever said about him being a psychotic Jesus-y weirdo.

Just now, Tress Is The Way said:

Mike Ditka is still alive lol

I don't think that's accurate.

• Confused 1

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I will say that If Harbaugh talks an NFL team into drafting JJ in the top five, I will take back everything I've ever said about him being a psychotic Jesus-y weirdo.

youre thinking of Butkus

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

No, I meant Ditka. You can't prove to me he's alive.

If Vitalis is on sale and no one sees Ditka buy it, can you prove he's alive... ?

• Haha 2

This thread delivers.

Some people: "Maye is the guy"

Other people: "Daniels is the guy"

Still other people: "McCarthy is the guy"

LKB: "You can't prove to me that Mike Ditka is still alive"

• Haha 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Thank you for not leaving me all by my lonesome as the only humanoid to have used the phrase "cut of his jib" in an ES post. 

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Maybe do a look on Wikipedia before typing

35 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

What I find odd is how many insiders/contacts in the NFL think the Patriots should trade down but we shouldn't. Why should we stick but not them?

Because there's still 3 weeks to the draft and they need to fill that space with new bull**** to get us to keep clicking, I thought this process would be fun but I forgot what their real jobs were and it isn't giving their true opinions on what we should do it's changing their opinions with the wind to keep us at a fever pitch.

The draft can't come soon enough.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

If Vitalis is on sale and no one sees Ditka buy it, can you prove he's alive... ?

Vitalis! 

Good googly moogly, that's a blast from my past.

Do they still make that crap?

I used to use it back in the 60s for that "naturally" slicked back look the ladies couldn't resist. 

Pop some Hai Karate on your face and you were ready to go uptown Saturday night. lol

Edit:

Vintage Hai Karate commercials...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 6

Just now, redskinss said:

Because there's still 3 weeks to the draft and they need to fill that space with new bull**** to get us to keep clicking, I thought this process would be fun but I forgot what their real jobs were and it isn't giving their true opinions on what we should do it's changing their opinions with the wind to keep us at a fever pitch.

The draft can't come soon enough.

I'm just glad I'm not a Bo P. advocate, given my eternal issues with typos and autocorrect.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

https://establishtherun.com/jayden-daniels-qb-lsu-dynasty-and-nfl-draft-outlook/

Daniels started at Arizona State as the top

dual-threat QB prospect in the country. He was impressive as a true freshman, averaging 8.7 yards per attempt with a 17:2 TD:INT ratio. He also added 515 yards as a runner. This certainly put Daniels on a trajectory you would expect given his prospect status.

Then COVID hit, and it drastically altered Daniels’ trajectory. Arizona State played just four games in 2020. Over the course of COVID, Daniels lost both of his grandparents to the illness. He was dealing with grief, an athletic department that was being investigated by the NCAA, and a new offense that did not play to his strengths. Daniels is not like other five-year QB prospects.

That could be some excuse-making, but when you look at how Daniels finished after (grad) transferring to LSU, it makes sense that he had to do some rebuilding inside as well as out. Daniels had the most prolific passing season ever in his Heisman-winning 2023 campaign. His 208 passing efficiency rating was just the fourth season since 2000 over 200, and the third from a Power 5 institution.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The Buccaneers with Brady, not that I agree with that approach for us, just saying. Also, Peyton in Denver

Edited by Inigo Montoya

19 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Young was not a dual threat QB.  He was the epitome of a WCO drop back QB.

Those Buccaneers highlights though 😳

He sat behind Joe and learned from Bill for five years. 

Ironically, if he played today, some bozo OC would try to use his legs more and get him killed, instead of realizing he might be one of the single smartest QBs to ever play. 

I remember he said he was talking to Bill Walsh at one point and said, “I can’t see the guy because of the OL.”

Imagine a bozo coach in today's game keeping him as a backup for five straight years.

However, I concede the point.  Wilson can be considered a dual threat QB, and has won 1 SB. Player in another.

Were now at 56-1.

I forgot Cam.  He played in one and lost and his career was like 5 years of good play.  

Russel belongs to us; his elite dual threat ability relative to his peers during that time was the primary reason he was able to have elite impact at times years 1-3 of his career. 

2 hours ago, woodpecker said:

good thing Joe Burrow is over there because otherwise the left side of the chart is not looking like very good company for Daniels to be in!

Joe Burrow is out to debunk the significance of this stat, particularly when it comes to third-down sacks. Forget your QB who opts for check-downs or throws low-percentage passes to single coverage to avoid a sack, or what was once deemed acceptable—consistently throwing it away on third down! 😄

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Maybe the St Louis Rams with Warner?🤔

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah this is just getting weird. It's like talking about a baseball prospect and touting how good he is at hitting home runs when there's plenty of data which directly indicates that's something he actually kind of sucks at. And then touting that player over another guy who actually does hit home runs.

crazypills.gif

Is there a possibility that off-platform throwing is being conflated with the ability to throw outside the pocket or on the run? I've seen numerous throws of him delivering while on the move from outside the pocket. I'm trying to bridge a disconnect here.

I agree that he doesn't utilize off-platform throws much and lacks creativity behind the line of scrimmage when extending a play side to side. He's more of a throwback in the sense that he'll sprint or drift to the sideline rather than dance around to buy time. Hes more deliberate in his movements and choices when extending plays it seems; wants to leverage his elite burst and great speed whenever possible.