Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I honestly think it’s as simple as you just can’t trust Carson to make a play when you need it.  Not a physical issue; he can still spin the ball (not always accurately).  It is all mental.  He panics in the pocket and makes bad decisions under pressure.  If we were really strong everywhere else maybe we could get by but we are not.  

Benching him now for TH solves nothing.  Maybe we win an extra game or two but everyone knows this isn’t the long term solution.

i think it’s time to see what Sam Howell can do.   Nothing to lose at this time, we are finishing last in the East.  Put him out there and let’s see what he is made of; hopefully he shows enough spark to give him a chance or is so lousy we are drafting a QB first next year.  I don’t know if Sam is or ever could be the guy, but I’m ready to find out.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not fair to Cousins to compare Wentz to him. Cousins is a legitimate good QB....

Cousins had a few epic fails here. But Wentz on some other ****. 

59 minutes ago, samy316 said:

LOL. 

What's really funny is after Carson trucked the guy I thought to myself 'this is the moment everything changed' 😆 

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One thing I always liked...

Carson had done it earlier.  But in that moment....

4 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Lol,...this is how pathetic......

.....everything else TH does better, much better!

Taylor is limited with his arm....behind a bad oline. 

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I meant bad Oline play in general, not on any particular play.  There is no confidence, leading to skittish play for most non-mobile, non-elite QBs.

Hell, it even leads to skittish play for mobile, elite QBs...makes mobile QBs abandon the pocket sooner than they should and we all saw what the Giants' defensive pressure did to Brady in the Super Bowl. Our interior OLine is not helping this team--or this QB--one iota.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Benching him now for TH solves nothing.  Maybe we win an extra game or two but everyone knows this isn’t the long term solution.

It means something to the players, fans always forget that there are real players that want to perform. You cant throw someone out there that isnt ready just for the sake of it and explain that to players like Terry.

8, 10, 17 are the points last 3 games, time for a change to TH, my gues there are already people on the team that have had it with the philly reject.

Edited by TChaler70

24 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

It's hard to tell if a QB looks for other receivers from a still photo, though...sometimes QBs move their eyes without moving their heads. You usually hear commentators saying things like the CB was looking at the QB's eyes, not that they're looking at the QB's head lol...(ellipsis after the "lol" 👍 )

I stand corrected. lol... Went back and slowed it down and actually Wentz starts with looking to his right and sees the WR open but then comes back and throws in the middle instead and it is broken up by the defender. I guess he should have trusted his WR to get the TD if he just throws it to him since he is like a yard away from the goal line. Samuel had lots of space after catching the footfall to his right to get the TD.  Not sure what Wentz was thinking there.

1390564403_dklajflkadjlkfjasd.thumb.png.81cd801d413a518233588c40f6de86c7.png

Edited by zCommander
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

It's hard to tell if a QB looks for other receivers from a still photo, though...sometimes QBs move their eyes without moving their heads. You usually hear commentators saying things like the CB was looking at the QB's eyes, not that they're looking at the QB's head lol...(ellipsis after the "lol" 👍 )

He doesnt understand the concepts of this offense that is clear and combine that with him being washed and you get total of 35 points in 3 games

Edited by TChaler70

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Hell, it even leads to skittish play for mobile, elite QBs...makes mobile QBs abandon the pocket sooner than they should and we all saw what the Giants' defensive pressure did to Brady in the Super Bowl. Our interior OLine is not helping this team one iota.

Yeah, interior oline needs to step up for sure, some how, some way.  Reducing penalties would be a great start.  Seems like Wentz and Turner need to fix some things as well… if that’s even possible mid-season.  One thing I’ll say for Wentz, he’s shown off that deep ball accuracy he’s been lauded for.  (IMO that first td pass to Brown had perfect distance, though I disagreed with those saying it was a perfect pass, Brown had to Wille Mays Hayes that thing, lol)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

He doesnt understand the concepts of this offense that is clear and combine that with him being washed and you get total of 35 points in 3 games

- Scott Turner's play design in the red zone has been shaky at best his entire time here

- We also got a total of 55 points in 2 games with this same washed-up, doesn't-understand-the-offensive-concepts QB

17 minutes ago, evmiii said:

I honestly think it’s as simple as you just can’t trust Carson...i think it’s time to see what Sam Howell can do. 

He looks broken. Will work again but eventually......

Maybe we get lucky and Sam has "it". He should have a rapore with yesterday's star. Wr def is not an issue. He has legs to avoid the rush and maybe he keeps his eyes up...he has an arm too..

If not, we need to go full" B/bama 

for Bryce"

Carson’s worst plays have actually been his terrible overthrows against zone defense along the sideline. He has multiple throws like this every game and usually in a spot where we need those yards. Like 3rd down where we were pathetic yesterday

his decision making in the red zone has been a little head scratchy. But for the life of me I don’t understand why we called 3 straight drop back pass plays!!! I would have moved him out of the pocket with and option or two right in front of him and a potential run or out of bounds. They played coverage because they knew we were scared to run due to just awful time management at the end 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I wish Ron would start Taylor, just so he can be 💩 and TChaler70 will go MIA.

No chance he soils himself with these weapons but hey love that strong arm of Carson, its a beauty at 1-4 and 28mil

Edited by TChaler70
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had high hope for him but Wentz is proving me wrong.  We were pretty much non-competitive against 1-4 Lions and Dak-less cowboys and blown away by Egirls.  It was better yesterday but still struggled/lost against a mediocre team at home.  

We gave him a chance to be starter and sadly, it is probably his last chance.  I think he might just retire when we cut him in the offseason. 

Play Howell after the bye. This failure of a trade needs to end as soon as possible. You have to see what you got in the kid. We know what we got in Carson and it isn't going to be good enough for him to stick around after this year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Play Howell after the bye. This failure of a trade needs to end as soon as possible. You have to see what you got in the kid. We know what we got in Carson and it isn't going to be good enough for him to stick around after this year. 

We can't wait that long. We need to bench Wentz before he reaches the 70% snap mark or we lose our 2nd round pick.

Three plays from the 2 yard line and we have Wentz stand back there like a statue. For the last 3 decades I have watched so many rollouts in these situations. Often times it will give the qb an opportunity to run it in. Even if it doesn't, he can act like he is going to scramble and sometimes a defender will vacate their man to run towards the qb. Then the qb hits the now open wr, rb, or te for the touchdown. We never move the pocket for Wentz. I don't get it. I just don't get it...

• Like 2

I think Carson was decent yesterday.  Although IMO he goes too far on some of his money takes on the cap with QBs -- I do agree with @wit33's take that Wentz doesn't look like a 28 million dollar QB.

He's not the joke that the national media makes him out to be.  but he also doesn't look like a big time Qb.  He's sort of a Zorn stay medium IMO version of QBs.  I'd rather roll with a cheap rookie if Wentz stays on this pace. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Putting Howell behind this OL will translate into Patrick Ramsey syndrome. Make Scott Turner earn his money now. Show us play-calling abilities that take into account the deficiencies on that line.

I haven’t been a fan of Turner in general, but he’s run rb screens, wr screens, jet sweeps, shotgun, put TEs into the backfield, kept backs in pass pro at times, tried to commit to the run, used play action as well as 2 TEs frequently, and benched a starting guard… so he’s taken a number of steps towards trying to slow down pass rushes.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I wish Ron would start Taylor, just so he can be 💩 and TChaler70 will go MIA.

You can't just jettison your $28,000,000 quarterback 5 games into the season. He has to be given a chance to work through the problems.