Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, I've made similar points.  That narrative though still needs to play out.  I got nothing against Ryan, he's not the one pumping himself up, its the national media and the Indy media doing it -- but still can't resist rooting against him. 

Yeah I really don't blame Matt Ryan for all the idiotic hype. He doesn't have any control over that and from what I've seen and read, he's a good dude. But the over the top rhetoric just gets so annoying after a while that eventually he just becomes part of my dislike by default. So it's nothing personal towards him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

As an Eagles fan, I wanted to throw up when we traded him. It made me even more nauseous when he was traded to a division rival a year later. I think y’all are gonna enjoy him.

Well, we need some enjoyment here.

You guys have it made because if Jalen isn’t the answer; you got picks to move up to get the answer.

For a QB to establish momentum early in a game, then reverse momentum to win the game with big time throws is very encouraging.   

Keep the CAPE on Wentz and ignore the rest! 

Side note: Wild just how razor thin the NFL is, firmly believe Samuel doesn’t fumble before the half, game ends up 31-10 or so. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

As an Eagles fan, I wanted to throw up when we traded him. It made me even more nauseous when he was traded to a division rival a year later. I think y’all are gonna enjoy him.

As a Commanders fan, I can see we're going to need antidepressants, hypertension meds, and some heavy pain killers. Thanks!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, wit33 said:

Side note: Wild just how razor thin the NFL is, firmly believe Samuel doesn’t fumble before the half, game ends up 31-10 or so. 

They key point to me is turnovers.  It's not all on Wentz, Samuel was good but that fumble was a momentum killer.  The defense wasn't good last year or this preseason at creating turnovers.  That needs to change.   The worst team in the NFL last season in creating turnnovers ironically were the Jags but they woke up on that front yesterday.

Lawrence IMO was inconsistent.  Jags screwed up by going for that TD on 4th down IMO and then that easy missed field goal.

I was encouraged by what I saw but also not blown away.  I'd be more jazzed if they played a good team and just edged them.  But overall good game.   Saw enough to think this can come together, saw enough to also think it could fall apart against a good team. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lawrence IMO was inconsistent.  Jags screwed up by going for that TD on 4th down IMO and then that easy missed field goal.

He also missed a wide open TD to Etienne, who just roasted Jamin Davis. Jags made more mistakes than we did, that was really the difference.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He also missed a wide open TD to Etienne, who just roasted Jamin Davis. Jags made more mistakes than we did, that was really the difference.

Yep.  The Jags could have won.  We beat the worst team in the NFL from 2021 and barely in our home opener.  The Jags had the momentum through most of the 2nd half. 

The 2 Tds at the end were great.  It was a fun win.  But in short, I could see it coming together. But also could see it coming apart.

The defense wasn't hot stopping the run yesterday.  Fortunately the Jags didn't stick to it.  

I am a Rivera guy.  But I don't get why they only weakened their defensive talent in the off season especially D line depth.  And now it looks likes Mathis is out for the year probably.  Supposedly the plan to help stop the run is 5 man fronts.  The 5 man front idea felt a bit thin even with Mathis.  But now without?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

ETN also dropped an easy catch while trying to run towards the wide open end zone before the half. That would have been an easy TD for him too. Jags made a lots of costly mistakes. It was nice to get the W. We are not there yet. But at least this will boost the confidence in Wentz and the team. We should be able to beat the Lions. I don't think it will be a shootout, as some are thinking, as long as the D holds the Lions and can create turnovers or get them off the field with some 3 and outs. 

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

ETN also dropped an easy catch while trying to run towards the wide open end zone before the half. That would have been an easy TD for him too. Jags made a lots of costly mistakes. It was nice to get the W. We are not there yet. But at least this will boost the confidence in Wentz and the team. We should be able to beat the Lions. I don't think it will be a shootout, as some are thinking, as long as the D holds the Lions and can create turnovers or get them off the field with some 3 and outs. 

Lions don't look like an easy team to beat. 

Good game from Wentz.  If we played a marginally better team than the Jags, we lose that game.  The back to back turnovers were potential killers.  But those drives after the turnovers show Wentz does not choke and has the ability to brush off the mistakes and move on.  

• Like 1

Looking around the league and lots of good QB's had rough outings, i.e. Burrow, Rodgers, Prescott, Murray, etc.  Don't think teams chemistry and talent will shake out for a few games including Commanders.  I'm not absorbing too much of the Wentz good or bad and see how this plays out.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wit33 said:

For a QB to establish momentum early in a game, then reverse momentum to win the game with big time throws is very encouraging.   

Keep the CAPE on Wentz and ignore the rest! 

huh??  You seem to forget all the points Jacksonville left out on that field. 

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

The D will need to shut this guy down and we can make the Lions one dimensional. 

Swift rushed 15 times for 144 yards (a whopping 9.6 YPC) with a TD. He also added three catches for 31 yards. 

Jags almost averaged 7 YPC yesterday.  The Lions, Eagles, Dallas and Titans, all coming up, likely will major in the run.

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

At the end of the day, the QB that made the most plays won the game.  As is usually the case.

This is true.   Carson is up and down but has the ability to make big plays in big moments.  His critics say that's not his thing as to making plays in big moments.  Will see, but at a minimum he can get the ball down the field and score fast -- we've not had a guy who can do that in a long time. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jags almost averaged 7 YPC yesterday.  The Lions, Eagles, Dallas and Titans, all coming up, likely will major in the run.

We played a TON of man yesterday.  Did it seem that way to you?  Maybe we were content on them running knowing Pederson never sticks it to it.

6 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Yes, the Jags made critical errors that may have cost them the game.  

BUT, we were a couple Wentz overthrow gimmes and a Golden Groin fumble away from being up maybe 21+ points at halftime.

Always remember, whoever we played, when they make mistakes, it is just stupid luck on our part.  When we make mistakes, they are inherent to our character and there is no scenario where the opponent benefited from luck.

• Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

We played a TON of man yesterday.  Did it seem that way to you?  Maybe we were content on them running knowing Pederson never sticks it to it.

I got to rewatch the game.  I wasn't really paying much attention to the secondary my eyes were mostly on the D line or Jamin.

I see on twitter some killing Jamin for Etienne getting the better of him but IMO that was a scheme issue not a Jamin issue.  A speedy pass catcher against any MLB is typically a mismatch.

I saw Jamin almost get to the QB three times, you can see one of those times here.   Payne had one of his better games of all time here IMO.  Allen played well.  Ditto Sweat from what I saw. 

How often do you see us near the top?  Granted just one game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

On another note, Warren Sharp is just as obnoxious against Carson Wentz as Irsay.  I can almost understand Irsay more, he is overreacting to how their season ended but at least he has some context for his anger. 

Sharp with his videos trashing Wentz and comments acts like Wentz stole his girl friend.  Super obnoxious for a dude who claims he's not about emotion and all about the numbers.

I get he's not alone among anayltics guys not digging Wentz.  But Sharp stands alone in his level of obnoxiousness. 

• Like 5