Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

30 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Fumbles

But he was very low in that last year.  I think he only had 4 or 5.

1 hour ago, Captain James said:

Feels so good to be touched again...

That's what she said.  

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Casually listening to some of our local guys and the general theme was on that throw, only about 5 QB's in the league can make that throw.

I put that in my game take in the next day thread.  It was the most impressive throw of the day by a mile.  Because it needed:

1. To be driven, not floated

2. Also to have enough air under it to allow Terry to run into it.

3. Perfect placement between the CB and the Safety

4. Was probably 50-60 yards in the air from where Wentz threw it in the middle of the field to where Terry caught it on the sideline.  

To pull that off, it's something massively special.  

(Whispers: don't throw an INT on a screen pass next time. More of ^^.  Less of that.)  

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I know, don't care lol...the 28th-ranked QB was one of the 3 choices for best QB performance this week. That's enough.

Seriously. Based on the national media, I thought he was going to trip over his feet on the way to the huddle, and then have a wardrobe malfunction.  

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Sadly, I'm still voting for Mahomes.  Because he is, in fact, a cyborg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Skins went pass happy yesterday.  I for one am thrilled it didn't take a blowout.

And, its no surprise Carson was the first QB in 7 FREAKING YEARS to throw for 300 and 4TDs.

We often hear the dated narrative that defense wins games. Dammit offense can win games too but not if you sandbag it and run up the gut over and over. And then when you do pass? Pack everyone as close as possible to the center of the field. Like that terrible 2pt try of ours. Spread that **** out.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

One play that I really liked that hasn’t been talked about too much was on a 1st and 5 (after the free play deep int after the offsides) Wentz sidestepped a sack and found Gibson for 4 yards.  Second and 1 instead of second and behind the sticks.

Also really enjoyed the variation in formations.  That first overthrow of Dotson was a beautiful route concept.  Wentz makes the right decision, just late.  But Gibson is wide open underneath too with the secondary guy in no man’s land.

Pretty excited about this offense especially if we get Robinson back.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, madden lot said:

Also on the screen pass the jaguars picked, the guy fumbled and it was never shown. Can anyone get a close up on that play? We recovered the ball too.

Pretty sure he was down.

Walker was hit low by Wentz and went to the ground face first and then the ball came out.

The ground caused the fumble, but his arm was already down by then as he fell on his forearm.

• Thanks 1

The Jags beat Carson and the best RB in the league last year in a gotta have game by 15! The colts are considered to be a better team than we are and the Jags just added the #1 pick in every round this offseason + spent a bunch of money in FA, including taking one of our best lineman and hired a heck of a coach in Pederson. They also got their second #1 pick from last year back and he looked awesome. 

That wasn't just beating the worst team in the league, demons had to be fought off, the stadium was rocking as loud as I've heard through the TV in forever it feels like. Yesterday was good, just enjoy it. Victory mondays are rare in these parts. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Seeing the difference in the passing game with Wentz vs Heinicke tells me they need to have Howell ready to be the backup ASAP. 

Hot porridge can burn once mouth. Let it cool down until 2023. ;)

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I say we trade Heini to Dallas.

And then throw Howell to the wolves if Wetnz goes down. That sounds like a great plan...lol

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Here's my take:

A lot of detail there in your post.  good stuff.

Got a crazy work day so don't have time for a deep dive.

I'd say my #1 concerns about Wentz digesting material from friend and foe before the season -- accuracy is inconsistent and isn't clutch and can make some bad decisions in key moments.

It was cool that he was clutch today.  But using Kirk as an example, its not as if Kirk is never clutch.  I recall being at the game, watching Kirk drive the ball and spearhead a comeback against Philly on the last drive.  Did it to clinch the division against Philly in 2015.  Did it head to head against Brees in NO in the playoffs.  But Kirk overall is "meh" IMO on that front.

Some act like Kirk putting up monster numbers is meaningless.  IMO, they are the missing boat.  A prolific QB isn't meaningless.  But if you don't do it in big moments you get graded down the curve.  Big numbers plus clutch play = very good player.  But its interesting that anayltics guys mostly love Kirk.   

Like Kirk, Wentz can be a roller coaster.  Hence I compare the two.

Today we saw some of that roller coaster even though we came out on the good side of the outcome.  It was OK that it was against Jacksonville but it would have felt better to me if it were against a good team.  We saw some meltdown int he 4th quarter but to his credit he came back. 

What intrigued me about Wentz is his upside.  The dude looks like a real QB.  He's tall, thick and can move.  He has a rocket.  We aren't used to QBs with upside like him.  And if he can rediscover his magic he has elite potential.

And we saw plenty of that stuff yesterday, too.

So for me Wentz is exactly where he was in my mind before this game.  I am optimistic but cautiously optimistic.

The Eagles game which I am tempted to go to I think will be his best test. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4