Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree with the entire post, but in regards to the bolded part:

Who in the NFL knows TH better than Scott Turner?  He's the entire reason TH is here to begin with.  It's like some folks here believe that Scott Turner is deliberately setting him up to fail, as if that makes sense.  

Right? It's such a dumb fan take. If anything, Heinicke has gotten worse as the season has gone on and it's severely hampering Turner. Hopefully the week off let's him get some strength back in his arm and he'll look better in the Tampa game.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

I wasn't all that interested in him before, because I think that while he's clearly an amazing QB he's just a complete ass-clown as a person. But this goes beyond ass-clownery and into dangerous lying asshole who doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself territory.

On the other hand... he is 8-1 in his last nine games against Dallas (including 2-0 in the playoffs).  He is undefeated in the Cowboys new stadium.  He has only lost once in Dallas.  That was in 2007.

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree with the entire post, but in regards to the bolded part:

Who in the NFL knows TH better than Scott Turner?  He's the entire reason TH is here to begin with.  It's like some folks here believe that Scott Turner is deliberately setting him up to fail, as if that makes sense.  

Yep and Turner was the only dude who even went to Heinicke's pro day.  He brought him to Minny, Carolina, and here.  Taylor owes his career to Turner.   Taylor himself has talked about this.

The conversations this season beings me back in many ways to 2011.  So 2021.  10 years we've come full circle. 

A.  Then like now we had limited QBs (Beck and Rex) yet many blamed the offenses inability to move the ball on Kyle.

B.  The air of desperation to find a QB was a 10 out of 10. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

I dont care that rodgers isnt vaccinated, thats his choice and in this country we have a freedom of it, where i highly think he went wrong is lieing about being vaccinated, like come on dude seriously....in that regard if u can lie to your brothers on the team you dont value them enough and for that reason i have to pass...so hopefully we draft someone good because we need to start drafting qbs that our scouting staff and coaches perceive as someone that can play

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

But Aaron is taking Ivermectin and talked to Dr. Joe Rogan. 

Somehow it's actually even worse than that. He was apparently taking some "homeopathic" treatment. Homeopathy is complete and utter quackery. He might as well have said he was using "healing crystals". At least Ivermectin is an actual pharmaceutical that does actually treat some things.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Somehow it's actually even worse than that. He was apparently taking some "homeopathic" treatment. Homeopathy is complete and utter quackery. He might as well have said he was using "healing crystals". At least Ivermectin is an actual pharmaceutical that does actually treat some things.

Dr Gwyneth Paltrow shoving hemp infused coconut oil covered crystals up his bum.

• Haha 5

Not even OJ set fire to his reputation faster than Karen Rodgers just did.  With OJ we at least had to wait for the trial to start.  Rodgers just gave us a peek behind the curtain of his life and it was hideous.  He's a lying whiny ass narcissist quack who thinks he's above the rules that effect us mortals and is smarter than everyone else even though he behaves like an utter moron.  I was a fan of his game and now I'm not.  Good luck Green Bay.

• Like 3

I'd still take Rodgers in spite of all of this.  And don't get me wrong I don't like his behavior on this.  But I find the conversation a waste of time.  I think there is good as shot as name any poster on this board to be the next QB here next season than Rodgers.  

• Thumb up 1

I think the discussion of how "we" would react if Rodgers became the WFT QB, needs to be tempered by an understanding of how it's extremely unlikely he'd want to come here, especially with all the problems Washington has...

There are a lot of factors that would deter someone like Rodgers from considering to come here.... ranging from the WFT owner's behavior, to the bad reputation of its corporate culture, to the issues with its old field/facilities, to its history of coaching instability, to a less-than-premium quality of the WFT supporting cast, to the thorny nature of WFT's standing/relationship with the media, and even to Washington's disgruntled and hyper-critical fanbase.  And all that was before this 'vaccination issue' arose -- where Aaron's views wouldn't sit well with many in the greater Washington viewing area.

Lastly, while I don't want to turn my post into a Tailgate type of dialog, I have to say I took issue with some of the types of comments of "disagreement" posted about Rodgers' alternative approach to not being vaccinated. That's because I feel it's possible for some people to actually have feasible medical grounds supporting their rights for not being vaccinated with M-RNA types of vaccines, or even the problematic Jannsen vaccine.  (For the record, I did get both rounds of Moderna vaccinations... but had to wait a bit because I decided to switch from my original choice of the Jannsen vaccine.) That said, I don't agree with how Rodgers "weasel-worded" his 'immunization' to inquiring NFL representatives; but here too, I know of many people who 'shade the truth' when  under interrogation.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd still take Rodgers in spite of all of this.  And don't get me wrong I don't like his behavior on this.  But I find the conversation a waste of time.  I think there is good as shot as name any poster on this board to be the next QB here next season than Rodgers.  

I'd be absolutely fine with Rodgers here if doctors somehow managed to find a reliable way to give a lobotomy while still retaining all football knowledge and skills. Then the most we'd have to worry about from him as far as his personality would be having to pay someone to wipe the drool off his chin every once in a while.

i knew aaron was a fuzzy-headed new-agey intellectual lightweight for years, but didn't know his actual 'just dumb' level went that low 

'critical thinker' my ass--you just proved the opposite, dill-rod

try actually learning something more cognitively challenging than a football playbook

or maybe just learn that as a general rule,  attitude-fed lay-monkey chatter such as yours is not equal in merit to rigorously educated and tested experts like professional chemists, virologists, and molecular biologists who work at the top of their fields, you giant hippy-dippy wastoid  (if you're reading this aaron, now that i understand you're an even bigger idiot than i'd imagined, this is not endorsing the logical fallacy 'appeal to authority' or saying "experts are always right" blah blah belch---have a smart friend explain it all to you)

i'll also echo what others have said about the weaselly conduct you showed in dodging the truth in your earlier pressers and lying repeatedly on the issue

ego, as much as fear, is the mind-killer

i didn't think we'd have a shot at him cuz he couldn't be that stupid, but now i think that it might be possible

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If we sign Aaron avocado Rodgers and won 13 games, fans would be lined up throwing crystals on the field. Stadium would stink of patroulli oil. Dan would be selling Burgundy birkenstocks with WFT logos on them and they'd sell nothing but IPAs and kumbucha. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If we sign Aaron avocado Rodgers and won 13 games, fans would be lined up throwing crystals on the field. Stadium would stink of patroulli oil. Dan would be selling Burgundy birkenstocks with WFT logos on them and they'd sell nothing but IPAs and kumbucha. 

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

So you're saying Aaron Rodger would be the culture of the franchise? That's some sourdough culture. Nice and yeasty. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

So you're saying Aaron Rodger would be the culture of the franchise? That's some sourdough culture. Nice and yeasty. 

I really want to make a veggie burger joke, but Brady and a third of the Titans are all plant based eaters, along with a ton of the world's greatest athletes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i didn't think we'd have a shot at him cuz he couldn't be that stupid, but now i think that it might be possible

It's a good point.  I thought Rodgers would be crazy to want to come to as Czaben put it the other day to the Zombie Apocalypse team in the NFL.  But maybe Rodgers is that level crazy?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really want to make a veggie burger joke, but Brady and a third of the Titans are all plant based eaters, along with a ton of the world's greatest athletes. 

Brady eats meat, just not a whole lot of it.

I'm really not convinced that not eating meat actually has any specific athletic advantage. I feel like it might be a correlation/causation fallacy with some high level athletes being vegan/vegetarian making people think that that means a plant based diet must then lead to better athletic performance.

I think it might be more of a situation where eating a plant based diet is by it's very nature healthier than a diet that would include more processed foods. So it's not necessarily the fact that they don't eat meat, but the fact that they just eat healthier in general.

As a species we spent a very long time eating high protein animal based diets as hunter-gatherers before discovering agriculture only about 10,000 years ago. If eating meat was that bad for us, I doubt we would have survived for so long.

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Brady eats meat, just not a whole lot of it.

I'm really not convinced that not eating meat actually has any specific athletic advantage. I feel like it might be a correlation/causation fallacy with some high level athletes being vegan/vegetarian making people think that that means a plant based diet must then lead to better athletic performance.

I think it might be more of a situation where eating a plant based diet is by it's very nature healthier than a diet that would include more processed foods. So it's not necessarily the fact that they don't eat meat, but the fact that they just eat healthier in general.

As a species we spent a very long time eating high protein animal based diets as hunter-gatherers before discovering agriculture only about 10,000 years ago. If eating meat was that bad for us, I doubt we would have survived for so long.

That's when they lived to 20 years old. Also, they dont think hunter gatherers actually ate much meat at all. Plant based excrement isn't fossilized, but now they're starting to find it. I also dont think what humans 10, 000 years ago did should have any relevance to today. And the science is there in favor of plant based eating for health, athletes and the environment, as well as the blue zones, who do eat over 80% wfpb with just some occasional fish. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's when they lived to 20 years old. Also, they dont think hunter gatherers actually ate much meat at all. Plant based excrement isn't fossilized, but now they're starting to find it. I also dont think what humans 10, 000 years ago did should have any relevance to today. And the science is there in favor of plant based eating for health, athletes and the environment, as well as the blue zones, who do eat over 80% wfpb with just some occasional fish. 

You're right that hunter gatherers did eat plants which they would forage for, but they also certainly ate plenty of meat when they were able to get it. As far as the 10,000 years ago thing, the main point wasn't that we should necessarily take the specifics into consideration, but just the fact that agriculture is incredibly recent from an evolutionary point of view. Our systems evolved mostly eating meat and foraging for plants and we still mostly have those same systems.

And I don't doubt that there's sceince showing that plant based eating is healthy. It is, especially when compard to the typcal Western diet that's loaded with processed foods. But I'm just not aware of scientfic studies that do real direct comparisons between people who eat nothing but plants and people who eat (whole, unprocessed) meat as well as plants and do health and athletic performance tests before and after to see the differences.

That's why I say I'm not really convinced that the plant based athlete thing isn't a correlation/causation fallacy that's mostly just based on anecdotal evidence. I'd certainly be open to being proven wrong if there are actual studies with legit comparisons between groups.

8 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

I do like me some peanut butter cups and they are plant based!! I’m going to be a super athlete if I eat the whole bag?

You'll be super.

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You're right that hunter gatherers did eat plants which they would forage for, but they also certainly ate plenty of meat when they were able to get it. As far as the 10,000 years ago thing, the main point wasn't that we should necessarily take the specifics into consideration, but just the fact that agriculture is incredibly recent from an evolutionary point of view. Our systems evolved mostly eating meat and foraging for plants and we still mostly have those same systems.

And I don't doubt that there's sceince showing that plant based eating is healthy. It is, especially when compard to the typcal Western diet that's loaded with processed foods. But I'm just not aware of scientfic studies that do real direct comparisons between people who eat nothing but plants and people who eat (whole, unprocessed) meat as well as plants and do health and athletic performance tests before and after to see the differences.

That's why I say I'm not really convinced that the plant based athlete thing isn't a correlation/causation fallacy that's mostly just based on anecdotal evidence. I'd certainly be open to being proven wrong if there are actual studies with legit comparisons between groups.

I'd love to have this conversation, but this probably isn't the place. The Game Changers on Netflix is a great documentary to check out. So is what the health.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Thanks 1