Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

43 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Can someone out there brainwash me into liking Daniels, I want to be excited on Thurs night.

Oh ****, we're screwed 

I can't forget that 4 pick game from John Beck

Listen to Chris Cooley film breakdown on Daniels, Maye, and  JJ, and Caleb it will pump you up.

Also, read about the work Daniels put in last year. He basically lived at the team facility. He is a worker, and he wants to be great. 

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I bet Peters will mske millions on this 

I know you're kidding, but if you were, let's say, a junior scout for a team that is less tight lipped than we currently are and you knew 5 days before the draft who that team was going to select, the temptation to have a confederate make a wager for you, that's nearly guaranteed money, would be overwhelming for some.

With the prevalence of legalized gambling in many states, sooner or later, something like this will inevitably occur. I don't see how the NFL can prevent it.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Im rewatching RG3 highlights to prep for Daniels. FWIW that was one fun af season. 

Kingsbury runs a spread offense according to the "expert" Sheehan had on today and he said that Daniels is gonna have lots of opps to breake a defenses heart by running. He basically said they're a match made in Heaven and that Kingsbury is gonna have tons of fun having a guy like Daniels to work around. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Kingsbury runs a spread offense according to the "expert" Sheehan had on today and he said that Daniels is gonna have lots of opps to breake a defenses heart by running. He basically said they're a match made in Heaven and that Kingsbury is gonna have tons of fun having a guy like Daniels to work around. 

Like he did with Kyler Murray? Not sure Kingsbury is as good as advertised based on his success with Murray. 

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Or get himself broken.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Hard telling not knowing.

I haven't hid my opinion that quarterbacks who play his style of football and have his frame usually don't last much more than 5 or 6 years but some guys are less susceptible to injuries than others and Luck plays a role too.

Maybe he learns to protect himself and stays relatively injury free.

Whether it's daniels or maye the most important thing is they adapt to the nfl and become exceptional pocket passers because quarterbacks who don't all fizzle out, some Sam darnold style and others justin fields style but either way it'll be the same result, we'll be looking for another quarterback in 3 to 5 years.

Hope so if he's the pick. 

3 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Like he did with Kyler Murray? Not sure Kingsbury is as good as advertised based on his success with Murray. 

I don't think Murry is indicative of Kingsbury liking running or "dual threat" QBs. He got to Arizona as HC, had the #1 overall pick, had a QB on his roster (Rosen) who was godawful, the draft wasn't great with QB but Kyler was the best of the bunch. So KK figured he could mold his system around with Kyler could do.

Edited by mistertim

1 hour ago, Rungel said:

If the Raiders offer a package similar to what we did for RG3 , it would have to be considered and not that far fetched for them.  A 1st ,2nd and 3rd this year and first rd  picks in 2025 , 2026 . 

Nobody in the top 3 will take that imo. I guarantee they are definitively offering it, and those are the offers that are being turned down. Maybe the Patriots go for it, but again I doubt it. If anything the Pats would trade down with someone still within firing range of a top 4 QB. Nobody wants to drop all the way to 13 or whatever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kalu44 said:

So who are the last 3 “slim” QBs that have had a good career of 10yrs+?

IMO this should be updated to say "slim QBs who also run a lot"

Cousins is pretty slim, but he's a pure pocket passer.

19 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Listen to Chris Cooley film breakdown on Daniels, Maye, and  JJ, and Caleb it will pump you up.

Also, read about the work Daniels put in last year. He basically lived at the team facility. He is a worker, and he wants to be great. 

Funny, that has the opposite effect on me. Because it gets me wondering why he didn’t put in that obsessive level of work before this year—he always had the tools he has now. He didn’t go crazy in his off-field prep until he was about to be a 5th year senior who was advised not to come out last year. Yeah, it concerns me. Impossible not to be concerned with a late breakout even though it’s indicative of an upward trend.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 10:07 AM, Warhead36 said:

Yep and he's also Sam Howell and Mitch Trebisky and every other white southern ACC QB.

Except Phillip Rivers. Because that doesn't fit the narrative. Am I right?

Shut Your Mouth……Phillip Rivers is not White!

He’s just a less melanated brotha! We call him “Whyte Chocolate”!

image.png.26af120783f5c4dda79065732cc67342.png

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Does Vick count?  I think he lasted 5 years before, and then 5 years after the "you know what".

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Good update. Let’s go with that question then.

3 minutes ago, illone said:

Does Vick count?  I think he lasted 5 years before, and then 5 years after the "you know what".

He might count, but I think his playing weight was closer to 210 - 215.

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Dude looks like a tank compared to Daniels, though. Frame just looks bulkier.

26 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

Honestly at this point I hope they just draft Daniels so I can stop torturing myself rooting for this team every week.  

Or how about they surprise us for the good once in a generation and draft McCarthy.

19 minutes ago, Conn said:

Nobody wants to drop all the way to 13 or whatever. 

Unless a team believes Penix or Nix fits their system and can be serviceable. Look what the 49ers have done with an elite team around a serviceable QB. With that many high drafts picks, you can really build a highly talented team around your QB and win a bunch of games. I’m not advocating this choice, just saying that it’s not an unheard of possibility.

Edited by Kalu44

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Vick was also one of the most elusive dudes I've ever seen. He regularly juked guys out of their shoes so he was actually pretty decent at not taking a lot of big hits.

IMO he's still a notch above these new mobile QBs.

In his prime Vick was basically unstoppable. And he did have some huge legs on him. 

• Like 1