Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, FootballZombie said:

I might be feeling the chill vibes right now but if we walk out of rd 1 w/o a blue chip QB, I might be inviting peters to meet me at a waffle house

I honestly can't tell whether this is a threat or a date.

• Haha 3

Schefter.  The gist he believes McCarthy's ceiling is #3 in the draft, floor #11.

Daniels he thinks still likely goes to Washington.  More or less said even if that's not Daniels preference, he will play for whomever drafts him.

So Schefter insinuating that Daniels would rather play elsewhere -- with Keim saying the opposite that this team and the Vikings are his preferred spots.  Rare to see Schefter and Keim at odds.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Then I don't get why people are so nervous that Daniels might be the pick?

For me, its JD mom becoming like RG3s Dad, the drama, and most of all Durability. At this moment we do not have a line to protect someone with the frame of a teenage girl. We just don't.  As I referenced earlier, it is not fair for me to lump RG and JD into the same sock, but it is where my mind goes. I want this QB to be our guy for a LONG time, we (hopefully) don't often get to pick this highly. I don't want a 2 year wonder, so if that means we have to slowly bring along a guy with the right attitude and tools but has a super high ceiling, then I want that option.  

• Like 2

JJ McCarthy is what would happen if you took Favre's arm, Brady's decision making, Peyton's brain, and Brees's accuracy and put them all into one QB.

....and then completely ignored that QB and drafted some other guy because he won a championship on an insanely stacked team.

For the record I don't actually dislike McCarthy (though I wouldn't take him at 2), I'm just trolling his fans.   :ols: 

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 13
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Hooper said:

Got better every year.

Didn't regress. 

One of the best seasons in the HISTORY of college football.  No one in the class had a season like it period. 

I will be thrilled with be Maye or Daniels FWIW.

So did Pickett 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schefter.  The gist he believes McCarthy's ceiling is #3 in the draft, floor #11.

Daniels he thinks still likely goes to Washington.  More or less said even if that's not Daniels preference, he will play for whomever drafts him.

So Schefter insinuating that Daniels would rather play elsewhere -- with Keim saying the opposite that this team and the Vikings are his preferred spots.  Rare to see Schefter and Keim at odds.   

I'd be shocked if JJ lasted until 11. Minny will need to move up to get him.

• Like 1

I legit would be good with all 3, even McCarthy. 

We are in a glorious position. Usually you have at best one good QB and a bunch of projects to choose from. We have a new HC, a new GM and they will be able to choose from whoever they think is best for exactly what they want to do. And they have a variety of talent to choose from. I’m honestly stoked regardless. I just want to see what they come up with. The wait is killing me a little. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

For me, its JD mom becoming like RG3s Dad, the drama, and most of all Durability. At this moment we do not have a line to protect someone with the frame of a teenage girl. We just don't.  As I referenced earlier, it is not fair for me to lump RG and JD into the same sock, but it is where my mind goes. I want this QB to be our guy for a LONG time, we (hopefully) don't often get to pick this highly. I don't want a 2 year wonder, so if that means we have to slowly bring along a guy with the right attitude and tools but has a super high ceiling, then I want that option.  

By that point i didn't mean why wouldn't some want Daniels?  To each their own on that point.

My point is I read some strongly worded posts on this thread about how deeply flawed Daniels is -- yet some of the same people seem scared we will take him. 

For me, if I thought that poorly of Daniels, I'd have no worries that we'd take him.

Or heck even if i did have worries, channeling some Zen JJ McCarthy, why worry about an outcome that bothers you before it even happens if it ever happens?  Feels like worrying for no reason 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

JJ McCarthy is what would happen if you took Favre's arm, Brady's decision making, Peyton's brain, and Brees's accuracy and put them all into one QB.

....and then completely ignored that QB and drafted some other guy because he won a championship on an insanely stacked team.

For the record I don't actually dislike McCarthy (though I wouldn't take him at 2), I'm just trolling his fans.   :ols: 

I can see it now:  Brett Drew McPeytonBrady.  Kind of has a ring to it.  😜

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I'd be shocked if JJ lasted until 11. Minny will need to move up to get him.

I got to get off this thread, and return to the draft thread I planned to rewatch as much of the Wrs and TEs as I could.  At this rate I'll get though like 3 players.  😎

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I would never believe that Drake wouldn't want to play here.

Dude knows Joe Gibbs personally.  We're (relatively) close to home.

I am getting the impression the only QB who is willing to play in Washington is Bo Nix.   We might be sleeping on that dude.  He's the only one of the top 6 who hasn't visited the facility, that helps, he's the one QB who doesn't know any better.

• Haha 1

Ok I want to ask a question / make a potential observation. But of course I want to be mindful of the rules so in no way is this meant to be any sort of North/South political statement. But I have to wonder if some of the "slow processing" knocks that I've seen on Maye in some analyses are less indicative of what's actually on his film and possibly more indicative of some bias against the whole "down south good ole boy aw shucks bumpkin" vibe that he can give off.

If this is too close to politics I'll delete.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

All I did was make up some completely random bull**** and everybody started picking on me 

Do it again and see what we do! 🫸🤛

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ok I want to ask a question / make a potential observation. But of course I want to be mindful of the rules so in no way is this meant to be any sort of North/South political statement. But I have to wonder if some of the "slow processing" knocks that I've seen on Maye in some analyses are less indicative of what's actually on his film and possibly more indicative of some bias against the whole "down south good ole boy aw shucks bumpkin" vibe that he can give off.

If this is too close to politics I'll delete.

That's actually a reasonable supposition IMO

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And what you might say with irony, I say with conviction: "What a piece of work is a McCarthy! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form, in moving, how express and admirable! In action, how like an angel! In apprehension, how like a god!"

12 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

And what you might say with irony, I say with conviction: "What a piece of work is a McCarthy! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form, in moving, how express and admirable! In action, how like an angel! In apprehension, how like a god!"

McCar-thee, or not McCar-thee, that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of passing on the national champion,

Or to take arms against a sea of QB troubles,
And by drafting him, end them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im sorry Keim is full of **** on the agent matter..Did the agent not like a tweet that suggested he did not like the way Washington conducted the all 30 visits?

• Like 1