Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Pretty sure Daniels just pulled up shirt to wipe sweat off for the sole purpose of showing off his 6-pack. Jerk 😜

I just did that and realized I do not have a six pack. It is more like raw cookie dough that has been dropped on a shag carpet. But, it’s all mine!!!

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

All done. 

Lot more muscle on those legs than I expected to be honest.  Lot more zip on the ball too. Missed a few deep, overthrown.

Still want Maye but looking forward to the back to back pro days for comparison.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Very nice workout. Dont care about the balls he missed at all. I wanted to see the velocity and spin. And we got that. He doesnt have Calebs or Drakes arm. But I think he has a better arm than Burrow does. I was also happy with how he looked physically. I am damn glad I am not the one making a choice here at 2. :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Brooks increasingly seems to mailing it in the last few years.

His latest mock has Maye falling to pick 11. 

I will put my house on him not falling to 11.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3

I might have missed who the wrs were on the over throws but I don’t think they were either of the NFL prospects.  Really the velocity on the deep ball was more important to see.

Edited by JMURedskins
  • Like 2

Just now, MartinC said:

I'd put my house on it too, and that's with the flat fixed and new plastic over the broken out back window.

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That surely won’t happen. However, I have saved this post… just in case… 

• Haha 7

48 minutes ago, JMURedskins said:

I might have missed who the wrs were on the over throws but I don’t think they were either of the NFL prospects.  Really the velocity on the deep ball was more important to see.

Correct, all three were gray jersey kids (non-draft-eligible underclassmen)... like Star Trek red shirts.

Edit: Sorry, one of the deep misses was to Thomas.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 4

Daniels interview is good. He is an easy going relaxed dude. Not gonna get rah rah from him I dont think. I hope some of what happens in our meetings with him leaks. It wont going by what has happened so far. But I would love to hear anything at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/20/2021 at 12:37 PM, Koolblue13 said:

We kind of have QB talk in every thread and it gets jumbled up and annoying. It's obviously the biggest missing piece on this team. 

How would you address the position moving forward. This year and next and down the road? 

The more things change...etc. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That surely won’t happen. However, I have saved this post… just in case… 

Spoiler - the house comes with two older teenage boys. No give backs. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Reading the last few pages has brought a smile to my heart :lol: 

Yeah, as much as I would have loved to have won a few more games last year...Ron did us a solid in the end.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

We can compromise on Maye at 2 and be done with it! 😂 

I’m great with Maye too :cheers:Maye will end red vs blue too and unite this country. :lol:

Quinn always looks like he is about to fire up the grill and ask you what kind of cheese you want with the burger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

He has a quick release and he moves really fluidly and effortlessly. Aaron Rodgers-esque.

Need to see the down the middle of the field line drive type throws though. We already know his deep ball is good.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Then he missed him deep next. Caleb left a lot of deep balls on the ground as well. But the release and zip on the ball look good. 

Can't see it myself until tinight.

But I gotta say a compliment like this, coming from you of all people, has me pretty damn excited.

Much appreciated.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Very nice workout. Dont care about the balls he missed at all. I wanted to see the velocity and spin. And we got that. He doesnt have Calebs or Drakes arm. But I think he has a better arm than Burrow does. I was also happy with how he looked physically. I am damn glad I am not the one making a choice here at 2. :)

Yeah he isn’t the fired up Allen/Burrow or even Mahomes type, but he is the quiet leader and keeps CALM under pressure like Burrow. I never saw him get flustered in big moments and that is something you really can’t teach. I’ve been saying they need to test stress/heartbeats of these QBs.

Gotta remember too both him and Burrow transferred in and won over the team pretty early with a lot of talented alphas. I think that calming presence in the huddle during big moments/drives is monumental. 

There was this excerpt about Burrow that I thought was extremely cool and telling and I see the same in Daniels

https://www.ohio-forum.com/2019/09/vander-ven-on-lsus-burrow-his-pulse-probably-doesnt-change-no-matter-the-situation-he-finds-himself-in/

Vander Ven is a professor of sociology at Ohio University. After that particular basketball game, he offered Burrow’s parents, Jimmy and Robin, an unsolicited diagnosis of their son.

“Because I’m a sociologist that studies crime, after the game I told his parents that Joe had the kind of qualities that you find in cops and first responders — and also serial offenders,” Vander Ven said. “The point I was making was he had the kind of qualities those people have, where his pulse probably doesn’t change no matter the situation he finds himself in. He could be mowing the lawn or pulling people from a fire and his pulse would probably stay about the same.”

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1