Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tomahawk Chop at Fedex...

Renegade7

I really didn't want to make this thread, but its been on my mind the last couple days.

With everything going wrong leading up to this game for us, it's going to feel like salt in the wound to see Chiefs fans doing the tomahawk chop in our stadium in mass.

I'm sure they could care less about what we are going through, but what is your initial reaction to this coming reality?  This is a game I wish we would win jus because of all the noise around us, a nice little "wasn't expecting that" would be nice.

I've seen articles of Native Americans calling for end to Tomahawk Chop, but what are the odds Kansas City also will have to do a name change?  Should they?

Its really hard to describe my feelings on this one, feels all over the place, jus frustrated and wondering if I'm alone on this one...

4 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

If their fans do it in the stadium that finally dropped all NA imagery, it will probably bite KC in the ass on their campaign to keep their name.

They will do it.  They always do it.  And it’s BS as everyone else except FSU who pays a tribe off stopped.  Funny enough Chiefs said they would stop but they do the drum before games to cause it everytime.  They are enablers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

If their fans do it in the stadium that finally dropped all NA imagery, it will probably bite KC in the ass on their campaign to keep their name.

Fans will do it, But I guarantee you its going to make KC management sick.

Doing the chop here of all places will get them an extra bright spotlight, one that will be followed by excessive coverage. That is only going to energize the push to remove their name.

KC has already acknowledged the problem is real by banning headdresses and open hand chops. There is not much left to hide behind after that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

They will do it.  They always do it.  And it’s BS as everyone else except FSU who pays a tribe off stopped.  Funny enough Chiefs said they would stop but they do the drum before games to cause it everytime.  They are enablers.

Sure, but  Grudengate has put us back under the microscope, and the ONE thing the Public Opinion Police is crediting the team for is finally dropping the name and distancing themselves from the Redskins name and imagery.  Them doing the Tomahawk Chop in a Stadium that has done so much to remove similar chants WILL get somebody in the media chirping louder about the Chiefs name and imagery. Worse case scenario is if it also causes what few fans WE'LL have there to retaliate with HTTR when we score our lone Garbage Time TD.

6 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Yeah, it's not a good look in today's age but shoot, even if it bites them (KC) in the ass, they can just throw a Fireman Hat on that stoopid racoon and still keep the name Chiefs.

I'm telling you both teams could have kept their names if Wash would have changed the Logo to a Balrog and the Chiefs change their logo to a Newspaper Editor🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

On Sunday Night Football, they had Salvador Perez bang the drum to initiate the tomahawk chop.  Collinsworth and Michaels absolutely gushed about how great it was to have the fans back.

It’s tacky and tone deaf.  It’ll happen here on Sunday.

Hypocrites, figures.  Ill look for the same on this broadcast team.  You jus know the name change will come up at some point, especially if we are getting blow out.

It’s a bad look for them. As far as I know they haven’t been pushed as much to change as we have. Anyone more familiar with the situation? Our name and the Cleveland Indians name is gone so the Chiefs are likely one of the next to be targeted and if they chop it won’t help them much. I also wonder how much the Chiefs being good and having Mahomes will shield them from pressure for a name change. I understand that our name and logo put a target on the franchise, but I don’t think it helped us at all that we are bottom feeders and the franchise is known to be badly run.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Bloodytusk said:

It’s a bad look for them. As far as I know they haven’t been pushed as much to change as we have. Anyone more familiar with the situation?

There were some "you're next" tweets aimed at the Chiefs by NA activists last year but relatively speaking, little else. I think their fans talked about it more than anyone else, and they seemed equally divided at least in terms of social media comments.

5 minutes ago, Bloodytusk said:

It’s a bad look for them. As far as I know they haven’t been pushed as much to change as we have. Anyone more familiar with the situation? Our name and the Cleveland Indians name is gone so the Chiefs are likely one of the next to be targeted and if they chop it won’t help them much. I also wonder how much the Chiefs being good and having Mahomes will shield them from pressure for a name change. I understand that our name and logo put a target on the franchise, but I don’t think it helped us at all that we are bottom feeders and the franchise is known to be badly run.

Chiefs are just trying to lay low like the Braves and Blackhawks until things cool down. At the same time they are actively encouraging the behavior at home. Typical Missouri. Remember what Tom Sawyer said?  I ain’t going back to Missouri. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Chiefs are just trying to lay low like the Braves and Blackhawks until things cool down. At the same time they are actively encouraging the behavior at home. Typical Missouri. Remember what Tom Sawyer said?  I ain’t going back to Missouri. 

Even if things cool down they most likely will flare up again. I guess it’s hard for them to balance laying low and keeping a fan tradition that keeps them engaged, but they have a good team so it’s not like they will have to worry about cheering. Maybe the chiefs should do what Rfk lives suggested and change their imagery to a fire fighter preemptively. Then they have a better chance at keeping their name by lessening the whole “it’s not enough of a change” argument because they did it with on there own accord with less pressure then we faced.

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

On Sunday Night Football, they had Salvador Perez bang the drum to initiate the tomahawk chop.  Collinsworth and Michaels absolutely gushed about how great it was to have the fans back.

It’s tacky and tone deaf.  It’ll happen here on Sunday.

It really was surreal, watching a stadium full of fans doing " the chop " and the " Ooohhh - oh - Ohahoooo ", while at the same time knowing how much and relentlessly we were pressured to remove a  profile of an American Indian, designed and inspired by a member of the Blackfeet tribe from our helmet.

And we couldn't even be the Warriors.

Edited by Spearfeather

I went to the Chiefs/Redskins game in 2009 (Fan Revolt I, Zorn era), and I don't recall seeing a bunch of Chiefs fans there, or the tomahawk chop.  That was the game where Portis has a 78 yard run, but more or less died before reaching the endzone.  I think that may have been worse than Fan Revolt II in 2013 (Shannahan era).  Not quite as bad as Fan Revolt III (Gruden 2019).

I hope they do it and I hope it's loud. Why not? Let the rain of shame fall hard!

Also, I remember reading comments from a NA who said he was always more insulted by being called "chief" than the word "redskin." 

I'm shocked, frankly, that we haven't seen more attention turned on the Chiefs at this point regarding the name. And yeah, the tomahawk chop is ridiculous and embarrassing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

image.jpeg.4b6e38b1e99417cd4eb19ccc78591fc3.jpeg

5 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I've always hated the chop, I feel it's extremely obnoxious and offensive. But obviously the "END RACISM" committee at the NFL don't feel that way.

They will claim that they're doing the John Cena " you can't see me" sideways, and the media morons will all nod. 

As far as the country is concerned, anything pre or post Redskins is bad, ugh, awful, hateful, etc etc.

But the Chiefs have their pretty boy Mahomes, and when he hits the field the media all get in a circle and extend their left arms, aw hell I can't say it right, so circlejerk.

5 hours ago, TK said:

All they gotta do is go WOOOOOOOOOO after a chop & change their name to the KC Flairs. :)  

Awesome .gif

Oh hell no… if that’s an option, then WE should do it!!!

Edited by hawgboy
Removing media in repost
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I always kind of felt the "Tomahawk chop" and even the chanting that goes along with it at Braves games was worse than anything this franchise did, and not saying either was/is acceptable, I just think that now that the actual slur issue is in the past, you look around at some other things that didn't get as much pushback and you are left thinking, but why?