Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WTF vs. New Orleans

KDawg

The culture is broken. The locker room seems broken. No one seems to be buying into what the coaches are selling. And if they are, and all of these assumptions are wrong... The players are playing so badly that they are allowing these coaches to look like they have never coached a game of football in their lives. 

JDR and RR aren’t not known to be push overs. What gives?!?  

They need to sit down more “talented” player and start guys who stick to assignments. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They are playing it looks inside leverage and the Saints basically could lose Jackson in the wash because of the alignment.  Yeah it certainly looked like S. Payton outwitting Del Rio there.

No part of that is "outwitting", that concept is basic level **** the NFL has been doing for a decade.

50 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Na the Jags are worse. Much worse. Texans, Lions, and Jets probably are too.

We're firmly on pace for a top 5 pick.

This might actually be an issue, we’re bad, but not top 3 bad which prevents us from taking a the top tier QB’s.  Yes, we could have had Herbert, but as always we end up picking the wrong guy (yes, I was on the Chase Young train).  This is going to sound crazy, unless we get a QB, we should draft one high every year.  It’s too ****ing important.  I’m sick of it, 30 years with no franchise QB…let that sink in.

56 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

….That Collins quote seriously might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard a pro athlete say postgame. To the point where I’m questioning if he can make it home by himself. Does his brain work? Is he just stupid? Are they all just really stupid? 

Logically speaking, you can de-construct that quote and it just flat doesn’t work. It’s stunning. 

Cracked me up man. Made me think of this.

All those 1st rounds picks on the DL are a waste..By the time this team is even able to compete more than likely two of them will be gone.This team has so many holes and don't get me started on the FA's that were brought in here,Everyone of them has been a disappointment and a waste of cap space..The FO should take a lot of heat also 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

JDR and RR aren’t not known to be push overs. What gives?!?  

They need to sit down more “talented” player and start guys who stick to assignments. 

Doesn't help that the respected vets and leaders on the team that people are supposed to look to are your young guys who haven't won anything since college.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

No part of that is "outwitting", that concept is basic level **** the NFL has been doing for a decade.

I’m amazed a NFL defense aligns like that. It’s defense 101. It’s a major problem.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

That Hail Mary was just inexplicible. We had like four guys there and not one made a play on the ball. And then they talk about how they weren't prepared for a Hail Mary? Really? You can blame coaching all you want but at some point professional players should know basic football situations. That was just a gut punch and was the one play that probably lost us the game(if you can pinpoint it to one).

I felt my entire lifeforce leave my body when they caught that garbage for a TD

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

….That Collins quote seriously might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard a pro athlete say postgame. To the point where I’m questioning if he can make it home by himself. Does his brain work? Is he just stupid? Are they all just really stupid? 

Logically speaking, you can de-construct that quote and it just flat doesn’t work. It’s stunning. 

It’s up there with Carlos Rogers’ “Double move.  Ain’t nothing you can do about it.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Doesn't help that the respected vets and leaders on the team that people are supposed to look to are your young guys who haven't won anything since college.  

This isn’t about closing out games or squandering big leads. These clowns are regularly leaving guys wide open and getting fooled with the same concepts over and over. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 1

The really annoying thing about this game is I came into it expecting us to lose, but watching it unfold it is really hard to argue we weren't the better team. We just kept making stupid mistakes. It's a game where we beat ourselves and had no right to lose.... well, except that their punter was really amazing. 

I don't think I ever saw a punting clinic like that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

This might actually be an issue, we’re bad, but not top 3 bad which prevents us from taking a the top tier QB’s.  Yes, we could have had Herbert, but as always we end up picking the wrong guy (yes, I was on the Chase Young train).  This is going to sound crazy, unless we get a QB, we should draft one high every year.  It’s too ****ing important.  I’m sick of it, 30 years with no franchise QB…let that sink in.

Rypien was not a franchise qb neither was Doug Williams. The last franchise QB was Theismam and before that Sonny. Both were acquired via trade. We pretty much haven’t drafted a franchise QB since Sammy Baugh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dallas is a good football team and I didn’t understand why everyone was picking them to finish below us. In fact, it made no sense. They are a much better team.

The predictors are very reactionary. Last year's Dallas defense was very much like Washington's this year. That, and I think everyone expected Washington's defense to continue to excel and for the offens to improve from absolutely awful to below average or average. What happened is our defense completely imploded while our offense became above average.

Dallas corrected its woes on defense and Dak's return really has changed things for them. Honestly, I thought/hoped it would be a dogfight between the two teams. Instead, we've reverted to Shanny.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Rypien was not a franchise qb neither was Doug Williams. The last franchise QB was Theismam and before that Sonny. Both were acquired via trade. We pretty much haven’t drafted a franchise QB since Sammy Baugh. 

And you can argue that Theismann was not a franchise QB either. After all, he was forced to play in Canada and when he got here had to sit for quite a few years. Sonny was a franchise QB that for some reason was benched in favor of Kilmer when the team finally got good. I'm not old enough to really understand why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

The predictors are very reactionary. Last year's Dallas defense was very much like Washington's this year. That, and I think everyone expected Washington's defense to continue to excel and for the offens to improve from absolutely awful to below average or average. What happened is our defense completely imploded while our offense became above average.

Dallas corrected its woes on defense and Dak's return really has changed things for them. Honestly, I thought/hoped it would be a dogfight between the two teams. Instead, we've reverted to Shanny.

Dallas’ offense prior to Dak going down was light years above any offense we could have hoped to put out. And we saw our defense get exposed against top passing offenses a few times last year. 

To the tune it has this season? No. That is somewhat surprising. But Dallas being good isn’t. 

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

More reason he SHOULD get a chance.

Agree.  The back end of the defense wasn't a hot mess when he played last year.  Yeah he's not the fastest guy but he supposedly prepares hard and is smart and a leader.   I've been talking him up recently for those reasons considering the struggles going on. 

Yeah I take PFF with a grain of salt like everyone else.  But he's not the only dude who has touted how Jeremy is a really smart dude.  

He comes off as a high character, no excuses, articulate guy in his interviews.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/26/ron-rivera-washington-football-culture/#click=https://t.co/H742ufpJOD

Rivera had cut the 24-year-old safety from the roster of 53 in preseason, but Reaves was the kind of guy who did everything he was asked, in double-time. He had caught the coach’s eye with his energy. Rivera told him: “Look, you got our attention. This is a numbers game. Keep working, and I promise I’ll give you an opportunity.”

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1