Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

1 minute ago, dyst said:

They won’t get back on track unless we play awful teams/QBs like we did last year.

That seems to be the difference and that was the question going into this year.  How would the D line stack up against some of the best QB's in the league, not the scrubs that we took advantage of last year.  We're watching the answer unfold with each game.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Webster 2. An outrageous violation 

2A to take away by force

Yeah well when you say rape our holes the sub definitions tend to get thrown out the window.  I wouldnt have even said anything except you got all sanctimonious about the reply.  And I wont be replying to whatever inane drivel you throw back at me next, Webster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, the interior pressure was there for the most part.  I just saw some ridiculously undisciplined rushes from the edge.

That is the entire Def outside a few players. Allen, Payne, St Juste doing what he can. I know some are on Jackson but despite the PFF ranking (which I put almost no stock in, those idiots just make it half the time it seems) but has been making plays that come to him but the rest of the backfield has been so undisciplined he has gotten hung out to dry. Davis is taking some rookie lumps but could develop so not a total lost. The rest, dump in the Potomac.

I put this at least 80% or more on JDR. Looks like last year was despite him not because of him. I typically am not in favor of removing coaches mid season but in this case I think you have to. 10 days off and zero adjustments on changes. I mean WTF!  D actually looked worse. I know Allen is good QB but c'mon we keep making these QBs all look like 1st team All Pro. 

As for Hienke, he had his worst game as pro but I know some want to disagree, but in terms of playing time he is still a rookie. I still do not see him as the second coming of Warner. He is a really good back-up and an over-achieving starter without the tools needed to be really great. And his high balls got him in trouble today along with some very questionable throws. But he will learn from this. Let's see how he responds. 

Offense should have a field day next week. But if D plays the same wat Matty Ice will light them up. 

I am not so disappointed we lost. It's that it was such a complete beat down. Good teams do not get beat downs. They lose some games when they make mistakes but not beat downs like this. Guess we are looking at next year already. To that end, I still like Ron and believe he should be given more of a chance. But next year may be a decision year. 

• Like 1

I know the bills are a better team but if I am a ref and I see the underdog team starting to get buried do I really want to call boarderline penalties against them that kills drives when the underdogs are trying to make a game of it? Millions of people watching and all we want is a good game but the refs had to call that offensive pass int penalty 2 times that killed us just when we were starting to move the ball. Ref are you sure that was a fumble by our TE? Did anyone check the replay? Drives me crazy in baseball too. Costs a small fortune to go to a Yankee game and the fans are there to see Judge hit but the umps have to make sure every boarderline strike is called against him. WTF refs and umps. We watch the games to see players play not refs call games. We wait all week to see our team play and you did your best to make sure the game was over by halftime.

It turned out alot uglier than I thought.

Taylor didn't play badly, he did have a couple brain farts, but the defense was pathetic;  the Bills had a 36-24 TOP and i'd say it had worn the defense down, but I never expected to see a pile of crap get squished so easily. LBers running around covering nobody at all, or they're standing alongside the would-be ball catcher, NOT making an effort to get between him and the QB at all.  Absolute 100% read THEN react defense. 

ok, time to do my thing, enjoy the read...

Just now, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I know the bills are a better team but if I am a ref and I see the underdog team starting to get buried do I really want to call boarderline penalties against them that kills drives when the underdogs are trying to make a game of it? Millions of people watching and all we want is a good game but the refs had to call that offensive pass int penalty 2 times that killed us just when we were starting to move the ball. Ref are you sure that was a fumble by our TE? Did anyone check the replay? Drives me crazy in baseball too. Costs a small fortune to go to a Yankee game and the fans are there to see Judge hit but the umps have to make sure every boarderline strike is called against him. WTF refs and umps. We watch the games to see players play not refs call games. We wait all week to see our team play and you did your best to make sure the game was over by halftime.

You aren’t wrong on anything you said but how can you even think about the refs after a game like that. Mindsets can be so skewed, the refs were AWFUL and still only qualify as a footnote imo

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Yeah well when you say rape our holes the sub definitions tend to get thrown out the window.  I wouldnt have even said anything except you got all sanctimonious about the reply.  And I wont be replying to whatever inane drivel you throw back at me next, Webster.

lol I know how you post. :ols:

21 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

That was not an option without the owner buying in. It took one more year to get that done

True…but if they had really gone hard for Herbert and been rebuffed by Dan…we would have heard about it by now. 

It’s not like any of us were in for Herbert either though…but I expect the professionals to be better than me/us. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I am not so disappointed we lost. It's that it was such a complete beat down.

This.

I had us at 1-2 at this point, so in that sense we are on track.  I honestly thought we'd lose to SD as well as Buffalo (I kinda hoped we'd squeak by SD).  But I thought SD would be close, Giants would be a decisive victory and today would be...well at least not embarrassing.

Rivera's got some work to do.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I would say it’s impossible to give up 15 of 13 3rd down conversion attempts but with the way this D played today I don’t doubt those numbers.

5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions…

but to anyone watching today, it felt like they were over 100pct in converting 3rd downs.

4 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Seriously? The refs? Lol? Did you see the cowboys game last week? That was ref'd. Today we just sucked and got crushed.

• Like 1

Just now, petey hodge said:

5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions…

but to anyone watching today, it felt like they were over 100pct in converting 3rd downs.

Actually I do think the Bills punter did get a possible grass stain on his shoe once, unless the sneaky **** painted it on. It wasn't a natural grass field, so yea, he HAD to have painted it on. I demand to know why...

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This seems tone deaf

I know a lot of the players are bad, but…come on 

Then he should consider a career change. the defensive game plan was a failure and 3rd downs have been a failure all year.

It starts with the "we are so good up front we can get pressure from 4" approach that is so vanilla 1970. Our blitzing is lame when we finally do it as its basically bring one delayed once every 10 plays. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m convinced I’ll never know what it’s like to have a true franchise QB on my team. All i have is 4 or 5 game winning streaks to sneak into the playoffs just to lose in the first round. It’s pathetic. 

Well we may have to wait awhile until another sub-6 ft QB makes the draft...