Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Prediction Thread - 2021 - The Team vs. The Giants

zCommander

17 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I was a homer all summer bc it’s just more fun to believe. Sunday sobered me up. This franchise is the same it always has been until it proves otherwise. That goes for executives, coaches, rookies, “stars”, etc. With that being said, let’s look at the facts:

Division game versus Daniel Jones (4-0 vs WFT)? Check.

Prime time game? Check.

Home prime time game? Check 

Big expectations heading into the season? Check. 

Giants 24

WFT 9

A wretched game where NYG sucks just a little less and benefits from turnovers. 

Could not agree with this more, except for I'll up your score for us by a TD

Giants-24

WFT-16

Looking down the barrel of an 0-3 start with at Buffalo coming up next week.  

I want Heinicke to really do well in his first game as a starter since the playoff game.  I want the defense to bounce back from the garbage showing vs the Chargers.  That's what my heart says.  My head says that this team hasn't figured out the Vagiants in forever.  I think it's a close game, but they could lose.  I hope I'm dead wrong.

Vagiants-24

WFT-21

Edited by SAli457180

If this game were coming off a bye then we'd probably lose. For some reason the more rest they get the worse they look. They do OK against a competitive team on a short week. At least I hope they do this time.

Football Giants - 20

Football Team - 23 

Edited by BleedBNG

If Heinicke stays healthy and we play Davis more than Bostic, then we win 27 - 17. But the coaches need to start earning their keep and make adjustments, especially on defense, because for the last 3 or 4 games the opposition has had us worked out.

• Like 1

For some in the local media, especially Sheehan tomorrow is their day, the team they think deserves the hype before the season over us for the NFC EAST, NY Giants will be playing ball.

I like Sheehan but man his fascination with that team is just odd.   Now he's talking up how they played against Denver.  Sheehan is a smart guy so I do not believe he watched that game.  I did.  The only reason why the stats in that game weren't even more lopsided than it was with Denver basically let the Giants kill the clock at the end and score a meaningless TD to run out the clock.   Even with that, Denver had 100 yards more than NY, about 11 minutes more of time of possession and the score wasn't close.  Yet, according to him a play here or there and the Giants could have had them.  :ols:   Wow.  I can't wait until tomorrow. 

He's not the only local reporter who is infatuated by the Giants.  I figured their lame performance on Sunday would get them off that train.  Apparently not.  Granted it could have just been an off game for them.  But my overriding impression watching the Giants on Sunday was do they end up with the #1 pick in the 2022 draft?  They looked that bad.  Them being snakebitten and could have won that game is beyond comical.  The Giants looked really sad in that game and if they play like that the rest of the season, they will almost surely be one of the worst teams in the NFL.

This is a game we must win.   Yes the Giants have had this team's number.  It has to stop tomorrow.  Otherwise this might be the team in the offing for high draft pick in 2022.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

ASHBURN - Daniel Jones was not particularly good last week as the New York Giants got demolished by the Denver Broncos.

Jones, a former first-round pick, really hasn't been very good at any point in his NFL career. He's got 28 touchdowns in 24 of his professional games, and is 4-20 in those contests.

Those statistics, though, omit four of his outings. All were against the Washington Football Team. All were wins.

"We've been talking about that for the past few days," Washington star Chase Young said. "He's struggled holding the ball in the past, and that's a big emphasis. Going in Thursday, that's definitely something that's on our radar."

Washington coach Ron Rivera is only responsible for two of the four losses to Jones, but noted that he's an athletic quarterback, and that can negate some of his team's strengths.

Jones has 8 touchdowns, 3 interceptions and no fumbles against Washington.

"I think first of all, one of the things you've gotta be able to do is just keep him in the pocket, because of his athleticism and ability to run," Rivera said. "We know based on some things we saw from last year, keeping him inside the pocket is important."

• Like 1

It's a divisional game and of course these are almost always close and hard fought. I think Jason Garrett is a terrible coach however and the Giant's were foolish to give him the OC job to begin with and that is hopefully something we can exploit. Their defense is nothing to dismiss though. Their strong at all levels in my opinion. Heinicke's legs should improve our odds though and just might make the difference. I see us getting to .500 but it won't be a walk in the park.

Edited by Chump Bailey

31 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

It's a divisional game and of course these are almost always close and hard fought. I think Jason Garrett is a terrible coach however and the Giant's were foolish to give him the OC job to begin with and that is hopefully something we can exploit. Their defense is nothing to dismiss though. Their strong at all levels in my opinion. Heinicke's legs should improve our odds though and just might make the difference. I see us getting to .500 but it won't be a walk in the park.

Their LBs are worse than ours and they have no edge rush. Their secondary is supposed to be good but got lit up by Teddy Bridgewater and a Broncos offense that lost Jerry Jeudy to injury midway through.

By all counts we should beat this team by double digits. They are potentially a #1 overall pick in 2022 candidate. Yes they are that bad.

Rivera was pissed about the defensive performance Sunday, you could hear it in his interview on The Junkies - they had to block out some of his superlatives.

This game is going to be all about the lines.  WFT defensive line vs Giants Oline.  I expect the D to ball out and have one of those special games.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Daniel Jones is undefeated against this team.  Last year, we should have won at least the first game.  The momentum was on our side and Rivera tried for 2 instead of kicking the extra point and sending the game to overtime.  In the second game, Allen was injured in the first quarter and the Giants scored 3 of their 23 points in the second half.  An Alex Smith boneheaded interception ending that game.  In other words, it isn't anything Jones is doing specifically to win these games.  So I think the undefeated streak ends tomorrow.  

WFT - 24

Giants - 17

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Their LBs are worse than ours and they have no edge rush. Their secondary is supposed to be good but got lit up by Teddy Bridgewater and a Broncos offense that lost Jerry Jeudy to injury midway through.

By all counts we should beat this team by double digits. They are potentially a #1 overall pick in 2022 candidate. Yes they are that bad.

Well, that's good news. Blake Martinez is on IR it appears. I have not watched any of their games but am basing their defense on their depth chart and pass drafts where they emphasized defense. They have talent - just not playing up to par I guess thus far.

21 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Well, that's good news. Blake Martinez is on IR it appears. I have not watched any of their games but am basing their defense on their depth chart and pass drafts where they emphasized defense. They have talent - just not playing up to par I guess thus far.

He is?  I saw him play Sunday and couldn't find any info about him on ir. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For some in the local media, especially Sheehan tomorrow is their day, the team they think deserves the hype before the season over us for the NFC EAST, NY Giants will be playing ball.

I like Sheehan but man his fascination with that team is just odd.   Now he's talking up how they played against Denver.  Sheehan is a smart guy so I do not believe he watched that game.  I did.  The only reason why the stats in that game weren't even more lopsided than it was with Denver basically let the Giants kill the clock at the end and score a meaningless TD to run out the clock.   Even with that, Denver had 100 yards more than NY, about 11 minutes more of time of possession and the score wasn't close.  Yet, according to him a play here or there and the Giants could have had them.  :ols:   Wow.  I can't wait until tomorrow. 

He's not the only local reporter who is infatuated by the Giants.  I figured their lame performance on Sunday would get them off that train.  Apparently not.  Granted it could have just been an off game for them.  But my overriding impression watching the Giants on Sunday was do they end up with the #1 pick in the 2022 draft?  They looked that bad.  Them being snakebitten and could have won that game is beyond comical.  The Giants looked really sad in that game and if they play like that the rest of the season, they will almost surely be one of the worst teams in the NFL.

This is a game we must win.   Yes the Giants have had this team's number.  It has to stop tomorrow.  Otherwise this might be the team in the offing for high draft pick in 2022.

Probably because the Giants usually play their best games against the WFT. I don’t get it. It was even like that in the Gibbs Super Bowl era. Phil Simms would always have his best games vs Washington. When it comes to the Giants, I think we’re just snake bitten and overrated them. 

Yep.  I like Sheehan but he's built up the Giants so much that if the WFT wins, he can't play down the win.  On the radio today he already goes it wouldn't be a bad loss to lose to the Giants. 

He had a Giants reporter on who naturally predicted a Giants win and that NY reporter went on to say that he trusts the Giants D line over the WFT D line based on what he saw in week 1 and used that as his main reason for it. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Confused 3

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I like Sheehan but he's built up the Giants so much that if the WFT wins, he can't play down the win.  On the radio today he already goes it wouldn't be a bad loss to lose to the Giants. 

He had a Giants reporter on who naturally predicted a Giants win and that NY reporter went on to say that he trusts the Giants D line over the WFT D line based on what he saw in week 1 and used that as his main reason for it. 

Sheehan just needs to marry Mara at this point.

• Haha 2

We will lose, because we are still the perennial "also ran" doormat of the NFL. We will be allowed to win just enough games to keep what remains of our fan base spending money throughout the season BUT everyone that needs to get right will do so against us. As per usual.

Get ready for the onslaught of consolation prizes such as......

Played pretty well.

Availed themselves nicely against a superior opponent.

Didn't embarrass themselves.

Gave it all they had.

Left it all on the field.

Made a game of it.

Showed some real fight/promise.

Only a few pieces away.

Etc...ad nauseum.......

We are the sisyphus of professional football. No matter how many coaches and players we go through everything stays the same. Eventual futility.