Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

21 minutes ago, philibusters said:

It also cost us in the draft.   If we win less game we are picking around 10th or 11th and might be able to draft Justin Fields and definitely could have drafted Mac Jones without trading up.  Are if we were 10th and didn't like eitehr we could do what the Giants did which is trade down from 10th to 20th and pick up a 2022 first rounder in the process.

This.  We really screwed ourselves winning that pathetic division last year at 7-9.  It was costly on so many fronts.  Not the least of which was that we could've solved our QB situation in a couple of different fronts.  We could've drafted around 10-12, and selected Fields or Jones, or we could've traded back from the 10-12 spot in the draft to acquire more trade capital.  That trade capital could've come in handy this coming offseason, when Rodgers and Watson are set to leave their organizations.  Since this is a weak draft class coming up in 2022, we could've saved some draft capital from a trade back to be in prime position to get any marque veteran QB we want.  Now we're stuck in QB hell, because we will most likely be picking in that top 7-12 range, but instead of having to draft a promising young QB, this draft will have worse prospects to choose from, and we only have 1 first round pick.  We're out on trying to trade for a Rodgers, Watson or even Russel Wilson (but the Giants & Eagles will have the capital to get either one of these guys).

This past offseason was a terrible one from the prospective of where we drafted, who we drafted in the 1st round and who we signed in FA.  Ron and the FO aren't doing to well at all at the current moment, and he really needs to hit it out of the park in the coming offseason to avoid being on the hot seat next year.

Edited by samy316

5 hours ago, samy316 said:

This.  We really screwed ourselves winning that pathetic division last year at 7-9.  It was costly on so many fronts.  Not the least of which was that we could've solved our QB situation in a couple of different fronts.  We could've drafted around 10-12, and selected Fields or Jones, or we could've traded back from the 10-12 spot in the draft to acquire more trade capital.  That trade capital could've come in handy this coming offseason, when Rodgers and Watson are set to leave their organizations.  Since this is a weak draft class coming up in 2022, we could've saved some draft capital from a trade back to be in prime position to get any marque veteran QB we want.  Now we're stuck in QB hell, because we will most likely be picking in that top 7-12 range, but instead of having to draft a promising young QB, this draft will have worse prospects to choose from, and we only have 1 first round pick.  We're out on trying to trade for a Rodgers, Watson or even Russel Wilson (but the Giants & Eagles will have the capital to get either one of these guys).

This past offseason was a terrible one from the prospective of where we drafted, who we drafted in the 1st round and who we signed in FA.  Ron and the FO aren't doing to well at all at the current moment, and he really needs to hit it out of the park in the coming offseason to avoid being on the hot seat next year.

Let us not forget that we let Kyle Smith walk out the door.  The guy had done a solid for the WFT in player acquisitions over the years.  It’s early,  but his replacements, from what we have seen so far,  have done a terrible job

Edited by ananoman
  • Like 1

Do you guys ever think that the "just a few plays away" mentality has really hurt the growth & development?  I know coaches will say that stuff publicly, but sometimes with this franchise specifically it seems like they actually buy into that narrative constantly.

Look, I know in the NFL that yes there are going to be a handful of games every season that do absolutely come down to a few plays going for either team.  However, the good teams also contrast those games with a handful of beatdowns they dish out as well, and that is something this team never seems to do.   Most good to great teams don't play a season of 16 games where each one comes down to a few plays, that is more about a .500 or under team's reality.  

39 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Do you guys ever think that the "just a few plays away" mentality has really hurt the growth & development?  I know coaches will say that stuff publicly, but sometimes with this franchise specifically it seems like they actually buy into that narrative constantly.

Look, I know in the NFL that yes there are going to be a handful of games every season that do absolutely come down to a few plays going for either team.  However, the good teams also contrast those games with a handful of beatdowns they dish out as well, and that is something this team never seems to do.   Most good to great teams don't play a season of 16 games where each one comes down to a few plays, that is more about a .500 or under team's reality.  

This is the NFL. Good players don’t need development to be good. They start out good and get better. Terry is a great example. Talking about development is a loser’s mentality. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

The NFC East is so freaking AWFUL that Dal@ss has a 3 game lead and basically wrapped up the division at their bye week in Week 6.

It’s been awful the last few years.  Dallas is set up to own this division for the near future.

1 minute ago, Csup said:

It’s been awful the last few years.  Dallas is set up to own this division for the near future.

What’s sad is that we were saying the exact same thing over the summer and late spring, except it was about our own team, and not Dallas. 

boy, did we get THAT incredibly wrong :( 

13 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

The NFC East is so freaking AWFUL that Dal@ss has a 3 game lead and basically wrapped up the division at their bye week in Week 6.

I could actually see Dallas drop a few these next few weeks actually. If we can go 2-1 in our next three games (which could happen, Denver is very beatable and Carolina is as well...), and Dallas goes  1-2 (also could happen, they play Vikings on SNF, then Denver, then the falcons), we could still have a shot to steal the division late in the season. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What’s sad is that we were saying the exact same thing over the summer and late spring, except it was about our own team, and not Dallas. 

I could actually see Dallas drop a few these next few weeks actually. If we can go 2-1 in our next three games (which could happen, Denver is very beatable and Carolina is as well...), and Dallas goes  1-2 (also could happen, they play Vikings on SNF, then Denver, then the falcons), we could still have a shot to steal the division late in the season. 

I hope so, can’t stand Dallas. I don’t like the Giants either.

On 10/13/2021 at 2:48 PM, samy316 said:

What makes you think we would've gotten the right QB in the draft if we did have a higher pick? Fields looks lost as does Wilson. We also could've moved up in the draft if we wanted to despite winning the division and having a later draft pick. 

There are problems across the board with the WFT and TH is taking way too much of the blame imo. He is playing better than some or most of these rookies who've come out and are playing. The Eagles have Jayden Hurts and he's a mess too. The defense is the big problem with our team this year without question. That and the injuries to Thomas, Samuel and others on offense. Nothing has gone right and no rookie QB could've made everything go well this year with all of the problems we have.

Yes, I am extremely frustrated and beyond disappointed in this team. Last week was winnable and we literally refused to take what was being given to us.

Having a young, potential franchise QB would be nice but TH has done his part in being more of a positive than a negative on this team. He pretty much willed us to the 2 wins that we do have. Check out our defensive numbers.....HISTORICALLY BAD.

I am looking forward to the post Rivera era. Rinse and repeat.  We already got our playoff appearance with this coach. All downhill from here.   Waiting for the new guy in 23 or 24 and his lone playoff appearance.  Then the guy after him.

Dan Snyder as long as he owns this team, will never go to the Superbowl and probably will never will win another playoff game.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

We had our chance. Had a #2 pick in the draft. Instead of making a move for a franchise qb we didn't. Then we got better and missed out on other qbs. I'm anti-tanking for sure, building a winning culture is more important than tanking to me, but when you're actually so bad that you get a top two pick you better make it count. Ron won't let us be that bad again. So we're going to have pray a patrick mahomes lands in that 7-12 range either this year or next. Which is doubtful. I honestly would take a risk in the meantime, like give Marcus Mariota a shot. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

The Eagles have Jayden Hurts and he's a mess too.

Don't worry about that, the Eagles will trade their 3 picks this year for the first and will draft a QB.

Ron Rivera being a roller coaster type of coach, one good year, followed by one bad, then one good. (That's how it was in Carolina IIRC). We'll face that Rookie on week one. Game in which our DL will absolutely feist on him and sack him 13 times.

Guy will see ghosts for his whole life.

41 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

We had our chance. Had a #2 pick in the draft. Instead of making a move for a franchise qb we didn't. Then we got better and missed out on other qbs. I'm anti-tanking for sure, building a winning culture is more important than tanking to me, but when you're actually so bad that you get a top two pick you better make it count. Ron won't let us be that bad again. So we're going to have pray a patrick mahomes lands in that 7-12 range either this year or next. Which is doubtful. I honestly would take a risk in the meantime, like give Marcus Mariota a shot. 

I would really like to deal for someone's backup QB before the deadline but what team would do that? My reasoning is that I would want to see what Marriotta, Trubisky or whoever else can offer the rest of this season and hopefully beyond. Could we pry MM from the Raiders for Kyle Allen and a 6th? 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 7:45 AM, wes said:

Rodgers is not interested in coming in rebuilding. He will sign with a contender if he sign's anywhere else. 

Ron maybe gives Washington a shot. Also, that this franchise will basically hand the offense over to Rodgers. Players/people at his age love the idea of having complete autonomy and say in how things go. Other places will offer this as well and with you in thinking Washington is a long shot. 

The cupboard of talent is solid. If Rodgers was the QB Washington is sitting 5-2 or 6-1 this season. 

13 hours ago, dyst said:

Gibson looks slow to me. I still don’t know where the 4.3 WR speed went.

Agreed. He’s more fast than quick. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No.  Absolutely not.

I think you can give this fanbase 3, maybe 4 games before they start to really turn on a prospect.

I've been using this comparison here for a few weeks now, I'll use it again here.  The Bills and Josh Allen.

IMO, there's no possible ****ing way this fan base and media market would have let Josh Allen have TWENTY EIGHT GAMES (12 in 2018, 16 in 2019) of 56.3 completion percentage, 30 touchdowns/21 picks and a 78.2 rating.  

No.  ****ing.  Way.  Can you imagine the absolute ****storm on this board if we gave a rookie quarterback that amount of time with a stats like that?

So whatever rookie comes in better deliver from the start because this fan base has absolutely no patience.  None.  

What part of the fan base contingent, the 154 knuckleheads who post and another few thousand with some passion. 

The fan base and media is supporting Taylor Heineke. Who cares what the small amount of fans and media think. Provide great support around the young QB and roll the dice, if he flashes enough he will be given 3 seasons. 

Point being less about the fans and media and all about the organization.  

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I would really like to deal for someone's backup QB before the deadline but what team would do that? My reasoning is that I would want to see what Marriotta, Trubisky or whoever else can offer the rest of this season and hopefully beyond. Could we pry MM from the Raiders for Kyle Allen and a 6th? 

Love the idea of getting Marcus Mariota on a 3 year deal at 2-4% of the cap and finding a QB they LOVE in the draft. 

The days of protecting the young QBs ego and self esteem are out dated. Have a legit dude working along side of him. 

Edited by wit33

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not too many people were saying that. Locally, sure. But even with last year's disastrous season for the Cowboys, they were neck and neck with the Redskins for pre-season division favorites. And that's just looking at THIS year with a one-year QB stop-gap and an ascending defense. I don't think too many people even this past summer were thinking that anyone other than Dallas was better set up over the next 5 years or so. 

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

The cupboard of talent is solid. If Rodgers was the QB Washington is sitting 5-2 or 6-1 this season. 

I completely disagree with this statement.  Our cupboard is bare.  Who exactly on offense would you say has lots of talent aside from McLaurin?  Our offensive line is average at best.  Our supposed WR2 is always injured.  If Rodgers were here we might be 4-3 and that is being generous.  I just don't see why he would even remotely be interested in coming here.  0% chance he does.

30 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I completely disagree with this statement.  Our cupboard is bare.  Who exactly on offense would you say has lots of talent aside from McLaurin?  Our offensive line is average at best.  Our supposed WR2 is always injured.  If Rodgers were here we might be 4-3 and that is being generous.  I just don't see why he would even remotely be interested in coming here.  0% chance he does.

Exactly.  We have only 1 above average skill player on offense (T-Mac).  Everyone else is either average at best, or way below that.  There will be other teams vying for Rodgers during the offseason that have tons of offensive talent compared to us (Browns, Steelers, Broncos, Raiders etc.).  If Rodgers were here, we'd be .500 at best.  We wouldn't be an elite team, and we'd still have all the off the field distractions and headlines that would embarrass fans and players alike (including Rodgers).

One thing to keep in mind, is that we only hear how terrible things are from the press.  Imagine what other players and coached around the league have heard about the team and how poorly it's run by former players/coaches and executives that have worked here.  I bet Rodgers and Wilson would laugh at the thought of coming to this terrible team.  Their agents would also probably make sure that we would have no chance to bid for either QB.

Edited by samy316

28 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

We have more or less a similar group of weapons currently as GB and more if our players were healthy. Logan is better than Tonyan IMO, Samuel, Brown, Sims, Humphries is a better secondary receiving corp than Lazard, St Brown, Cobb and Rogers. Gibson, JD is on par with Jones and Dillon. Our OL is SIGNIFICANTLY better than GB and that's unquestionable.

Edited by PartyPosse

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

We have more or less a similar group of weapons currently as GB and more if our players were healthy. Logan is better than Tonyan IMO, Samuel, Brown, Sims, Humphries is a better secondary receiving corp than Lazard, St Brown, Cobb and Rogers. Gibson, JD is on par with Jones and Dillon. Our OL is SIGNIFICANTLY better than GB and that's unquestionable.

We might have comparable talent to GB, but the other teams in the offseason vying for Rodgers beat us as far as talent, and that puts us at a significant disadvantage.  Talent might not even be the deciding factor for why a Rodgers or a Wilson wouldn't consider coming here.  The owner, FO and coaching would be enough to keep him away.  There's also that other sobering fact that this team is dead last in ratings and attendance.  Rodgers and Wilson have been used to playing in front of packed houses full of cheering, rabid home fans.  Compare that to DC, where we play in the worst stadium in the NFL, and we also now have the worst attendance in the league.  It would be a downgrade in every way imaginable for Rodgers or Wilson to come here.  We're probably not even on their radar.  Why would we be?

Edited by samy316

8 minutes ago, samy316 said:

We might have comparable talent to GB, but the other teams in the offseason vying for Rodgers beat us as far as talent, and that puts us at a significant disadvantage.  Talent might not even be the deciding factor for why a Rodgers or a Wilson wouldn't consider coming here.  The owner, FO and coaching would be enough to keep him away.  There's also that other sobering fact that this team is dead last in ratings and attendance.  Rodgers and Wilson have been used to playing in front of packed houses full of cheering, rabid home fans.  Compare that to DC, where we play in the worst stadium in the NFL, and we also now have the worst attendance in the league.  It would be a downgrade in every way imaginable for Rodgers or Wilson to come here.  We're probably not even on their radar.  Why would we be?

I agree to an extent. Aaron seems very ego-driven and the chance to let a decrepit franchise like ours to glory may be an enticing challenge.

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Aaron Jones is a top 5-7 RB in the league so I will completely disagree with you there, no way Gibson and McKissic are close to Jones/Dillon.  They also have Adams who might be the best WR in the league.  You can make the argument that we might have the better depth at WR and TE but I don't see a major upgrade.  Are Brown, Sims, and Humphries that good?  And if your players are always injured I would say that is a mark against their conditioning.  I guess our OL is better than GB I will give you that.