Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

Watching the Chargers today definitely made it frustrating that for the 5th or so season in a row (I am counting a year of so when Cousins was here, but it was clear he was not staying beyond franchise tag/realized he was not franchise QB) we are still absent any kind of answer at QB for the long term.  It doesn't necessarily matter that the future QB isn't playing, but the fact that we still don't have him on the roster is setting the long term growth of the team back.  We need to get the QB figured out before pieces of this defense start getting signed away.

Scott Turner's schemes feel very outdated.  We have 3 speedster WR's that the QB is struggling to get the ball to downfield. Where are the slants, the crossing routes, the screens etc etc....the plays that get the ball into their hands in space and let them run.  They feel so wasted out there.  And stop with these dropback-wait-wait-wait slow developing pass plays, that isn't how offenses are winning the battle anymore. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Stop it.  Stop it.  Stop it.

No one was considering Herbert at #2.  

Of course not!  That's why you make the big move.  Surprise everyone. 

Are we not surprised?  We thought our D was all dat...I know it's only one game, but we've got 3 days (with none off, I'm assuming, you know more than me) fix it.  And we have to fix all of it...from the line to the secondary.  Nobody tackled nobody.  It was shameful.  Like I said, we're lucky the loss wasn't worse. 

100 percent frustrated driving to a state that has a team thats decent and supporting the one trying to become politically correct only to lose after spending 100s of Dollars on tickets and food ....this “top notch” defense should have brought it home for us but they didnt and nothing has changed rivera will be gone soon and if u dont agree with me then i want facts as to why this man is the best person for this team.ill eat crow if this team finished 11-6 or something but nahhhhhh my blind faith is over and done with Mr. Rivera if u want a new culture for us to buy into than  WIN its not that difficult. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Team sucks. Oh well. Thanks Snyder.

I went to the game. It was a bold reminder of why I stopped going to that ****hole. Just a bad experience all around.

Please elaborate. I did see the Barstool Sports tweet showing sewage raining down on one of the 200 level sections 

Edited by hail2skins

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just stop trying to be the ultra draft prospect guru know-it-all smartest guy in the room.  You didn't have Herbert there either.

As opposed to the jaded contrarian know-it-all smartest guy in the room?  It's not my job to build a team or see the next great QB coming, that's a limp dick defense of the people whose job it is do that.

Hey, it could be worse. Rodgers and the Packers look AWFUL.

5 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Disappointed for the loss today?  Absolutely.  Not frustrated yet though.  Hopefully this was first game rust and we look much better on Thursday night against the Giants at home.  A big win and we are all feeling better.

The season is long.   

Too many strange things happening in Week 1. I also think the Chargers are going to be legit scary good this year.

• Like 2

Watching the rest of the NFL the WFT is not ready for primetime or even close to being ready to play with the elite teams. Specifically, the offense was incredibly vanilla and the defense was as well.  TH is better than Fitz....period. He brings energy, field vision and legs...things Fitz is showing he lacks. Watching the Browns and Chiefs, as well as the Chargers, we should be embarrassed at how vanilla our team looks. Very disappointing. ESPECIALLY AT HOME!!! I'm ****ing Tired of losing at home.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Watching the rest of the NFL the WFT is not ready for primetime or even close to being ready to play with the elite teams. Specifically, the offense was incredibly vanilla and the defense was as well.  TH is better than Fitz....period. He brings energy, field vision and legs...things Fitz is showing he lacks. Watching the Browns and Chiefs, as well as the Chargers, we should be embarrassed at how vanilla our team looks. Very disappointing. ESPECIALLY AT HOME!!! I'm ****ing Tired of losing at home.

Okay, but the Bills looked terrible losing to the Steelers at home and people had them going all the way. The Titans got blown out at home by the Cardinals. The Colts got smashed at home by the Seahawks. All playoff teams.

And the Packers are currently looking like the worst team in the league against the Saints.

Week 1 can just be weird sometimes.

• Like 3

I've been concerned about what the team would do about LT ever since Trent left. With all of the additions and upgrades at WR, TE, etc, I never was impressed with Leno as a LT choice. Why talk about getting a great QB if your LT sucks, and that was proven today. He gave up a big one which put Fitz out for the game (and possibly longer). If he screws up again, he could put Heinicke in the same place, perish the thought. Is he REALLY the best they could find at that position?

I was shocked at how badly our so heavily hyped and so apparently strong D. Like the booth announcers said, LAC was moving the ball up and down the field against us at will. 

And.....have they seen enough NOW to cut Hopkins?

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/could-charles-leno-disappointment-for-washington-football-news-nfl

>>..Bleacher Report selected one player on each team that could be a disappointment in 2021 and Leno was named for Washington.

Kristopher Knox of Bleacher Report highlights a below-average season in 2020 when discussing why Leno might be disappointing. According to PFF, he was responsible for six penalties and allowed five sacks....<< 

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Okay, but the Bills looked terrible losing to the Steelers at home and people had them going all the way. The Titans got blown out at home by the Cardinals. The Colts got smashed at home by the Seahawks. All playoff teams.

And the Packers are currently looking like the worst team in the league against the Saints.

Week 1 can just be weird sometimes.

You're right, week one is basically a throw-away week but sometimes you see who's more prepared and who's not. I'm pissed about all of these home losses...but I'm really stoked that TH is ready to run this team. 

6 minutes ago, Morrissey1972 said:

The team we saw today, is no different than the teams who started the early preseason games. They were vanilla, slow and not prepared. 

Aside from Fitz being an old man and doing what old men do, this is 100% on the coaches. 

Couldn't have said it better....the coaches played it soft today. 

36 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Of course not!  That's why you make the big move.  Surprise everyone. 

Are we not surprised?  We thought our D was all dat...I know it's only one game, but we've got 3 days (with none off, I'm assuming, you know more than me) fix it.  And we have to fix all of it...from the line to the secondary.  Nobody tackled nobody.  It was shameful.  Like I said, we're lucky the loss wasn't worse. 

Hebert was getting bust talk leading up to that draft. Please stop re-writing history. Ppl weren’t even sure he belonged in the top 10. The entire league got that wrong. 

If you want to crush them for not getting Fields or Jones, that’s fair game. But there is zero Herbert debate. No one was on him outside of LA. 

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I went to the game. It was a bold reminder of why I stopped going to that ****hole. Just a bad experience all around.

Did you get doused by the sewage pipe that burst? Or smell the sewage emanating from the field when the offense or defense was playing?

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Hebert was getting bust talk leading up to that draft. Please stop re-writing history. Ppl weren’t even sure he belonged in the top 10. The entire league got that wrong. 

If you want to crush them for not getting Fields or Jones, that’s fair game. But there is zero Herbert debate. No one was on him outside of LA. 

Fields wasn't realistic. The asking price was too high to move up to 9 and the Cowboys Giants and Eagles would never have traded with us.

Jones maybe, but we don't know what kind of offer we would have had to make.

BTW Tua has been stinking up the joint today

Week 1 tells you nothing most times but it was infuriating to watch the vaunted defense get their doors blown tf off. They chose to build as a defensive team even though the league isn’t skewed that way anymore so they have to be good every week. 20 points allowed looks “good” but they were lucky not to give up more. Minimal pressure from Young or Sweat. I’m done hyping up guys that haven’t earned it. 

The offense was **** but this team is built on defense. That was not good enough and extremely disappointing. 

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Don't bust balls I don't have.  It was my way of saying we were outcoached and outplayed today. 

• Haha 1

The Giants look just as bad on both sides of the ball as they did last year right now.  I'm thinking Thursday's game is going to tell us more about the progress our team has or hasn't made than how they did on opening day against the Chargers.

Washington should not lose to the NYG if they have an expectation of having a better record in 2021.

• Like 2