Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Preseason 2021 - Football Team vs. Ravens

zCommander

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

Don't know buddy, but in my opinion a TD is a TD whoever your playing against, it breeds confidence surely mate. 

Chiefs and Viking had starters for two series and Vikings a little bit more. Kirk needed more practice apparently. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Unless Heineke had a chance at starting (which he didn't), why play either of them when benching so many other players, like the starting oline?

Of course you’re not going to put Fitz and Heineke behind a 2nd string Oline. I would have played all the starters just to get some kind of rhythm. 

Just now, dyst said:

Starters or not. Ravens are just a better organization top to bottom. Better ownership, front office, coaching, players and even depth.

I pretty much agree with you. But we are heading in the right direction. Young hungry team. What the Ravens were a decade ago. We will see how it ends up. BUt I woud take our roster rigth now. No question. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Unless Heineke had a chance at starting (which he didn't), why play either of them when benching so many other players, like the starting oline?

Don't understand why we have played this game, fans have travelled and paid to watch this game. I don't mind losing but I disagree totally with what Rivera has done tonight. Just my opinion buddy.

• Like 1

Just now, No Nonsense said:

Of course you’re not going to put Fitz and Heineke behind a 2nd string Oline. I would have played all the starters just to get some kind of rhythm. 

So you're not buying the vanilla offense talk?  idk, man, it just feels taboo to me, I'm so used to 4 preseason games. They kicking our ass anyway, I'm glad they missed this mess.

Just now, Jabbyrwock said:

But we have better fans.:Ravens_suck:

No we don’t.  Do you see the attendance at this game?  It’s barely half full, and half of this crowd is Ravens fans.  Take a look around at some of the other games across the league.  Full attendance at all venues except for ours.  If this game were at M&T, it would be sold out.

8 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I agree completely...but that doesn't mean I can't hope for a competitive game.  Just more fun to watch and makes speculation about who makes the roster more enjoyable.

It makes it easier watching the fringe guys suck. Rather we find out now than when, you know, the games actually count.