Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigning over sexual harassment

Cooked Crack

It's a new day in America folks, no longer will sexual harassment (or worse) be tolerated by the American people, nor your own political party............oh wait, unless you are a Republican.

Seriously though, Cuomo should have stepped down, there was enough smoke and flames already that this would have been a constant daily distraction and I am sure right-wing media is already hard at working covering him stepping down to overshadow the fact that the Infrastructure bill just passed the Senate.

• Like 3

I listen to Preet Bharara’s podcast from time to time.  
Evidently, there is a lot of history between the two stemming from an investigation from seven years ago.  Part of Cuomo’s defense is that this has been an unfair investigation from Bharara’s friend.  Cuomo comes across as somewhat Trumpy.  Good riddance.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oops.

CNN is suspending prime time anchor Chris Cuomo "indefinitely, pending further evaluation," after new documents revealed the cozy and improper nature of his relationship with aides to his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

The benched anchorman is declining to comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30/media/chris-cuomo-suspended/index.html

***originally reported by @thegreaterbuzzette

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

I am struggling with what exactly he may have done, other than brotherly advice?!

Was he willfully burying stories? Or something similar?

He was doing some of his brother’s dirty work. Looking up information on all those girls.  Trying to get dirt. 

He should not only be fired from cnn but loose his SiriusXM radio show.

• Like 2

I am curious if this was a "I know my brother is innocent and I need to help him" or a "I know my brother is guilty AF and I need to do everything in my power to protect him". 

The answer doesn't mean anything, except to satisfy my curiosity. The first option shows desperation and denial, the second malice and intent. 

Personally, I never liked him once he left new day - it's like he thought moving to a primetime slot made him a Colbert or Leno. He tried way too hard and made himself the story all too often. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Chris navigated it poorly and definitely crossed some ethical lines.  He had one option here if he wanted to stay clean and retain his job, steer entirely clear, and he didn't do that.  Certainly, it was a reasonable choice for him to choose another option in order to help his brother and hey, he may be fine with that, but he can't have it both ways. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

We all know you are a big Tucker girl. 

I’m just saying it’s a real shame Cooper is gay and wolf blitzer is a bear… *swoon*

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don’t like him either.  But to me, Don Lemon is the worst on that channel followed closely by Chris Cuomo.

yea, but at least don lemon believes what he says. Coumo always seemed disingenuous and thought he was smarter than everyone else  

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

yea, but at least don lemon believes what he says. Coumo always seemed disingenuous and thought he was smarter than everyone else

I’m more shallow.  It is the dramatic pauses that I hate.  And it seems like his are 10 seconds long and used every 30 seconds.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Chris navigated it poorly and definitely crossed some ethical lines.  He had one option here if he wanted to stay clean and retain his job, steer entirely clear, and he didn't do that.  Certainly, it was a reasonable choice for him to choose another option in order to help his brother and hey, he may be fine with that, but he can't have it both ways. 

A quick google search tells me CNN was paying him 6 million a year.  Got to think that his earning potential has taken a massive hit after this too.  That’s a lot of money to sacrifice to help your big brother get away with being a scum bag.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

lemon and cuomo are also two of my least liked cnn talking heads, but have way more respect for lemon's intellect and sincerity and what he has likely dealt with growing up as a gay black man in the usa

i remember when wolf was the real deal, now he's such a hack most of the time and if he doesn't say 'fear' or call out for 'worry' or 'desperate concerns' or troubling' or 'scary' every five words it's a miracle...now i obviously  know how may things are in the news every day that fits with those words, but what wolf does these days really stands out to me as blatantly excessive and quite scripted/deliberate....a lot of cnn even since biden took office is about placing a heavy emphasis on all tension/turmoil/troubles and much less on positive cooperation across the government or other positive matters that are part of the 'oh look how awful and scary this is' topics that still also happens and is also relevant news....they are all about the strife and tension for $$$ and addicted viewers

that said, they still have a ton of great reporters at that network who sound much better in front of a camera than half their hosts, and some of the daytime and weekend hosts are very good

i guess i should start that thread i've been meaning to for quite awhile on 'liberal media' or '24 hr cable news' or just msnbc/cnn cuz including fox leads to nothing of value beyond noting  money-making, impact, influence etc....as far as discussion about journalism/reporting/on-air personalities, they are what they are to sane, informed, healthy minds :a malignant cancerous growth just like 'trumpism'...hell, like the entire gop is now for all intense porpoises

porposie.jpg