Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why do people keep blaming Dallas for having a poor defense, as a reason for losing ?

Does no credit go to the GOAT Brady, and his stacked offense and receivers, who all just won a Super Bowl against Mahomes and KC ?

31 points by a Brady offense isn't necessarily a reflection of facing a really bad defense.

Sure.  But 31 points with four turnovers is pretty ridiculous even by Brady standards. The Bucs basically played a C- game and put up 30+. If they were on point they'd have dropped 50.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Umm, did everyone get drunk and fall into an alternate dimension? Did we watch the same game here? Some quotes I heard this morning on sports talk:

My friendly suggestion would be to change the source of your sports talk ;)

Or else you may just hear more of the same throughout the season.

I highly recommend GMFB :

Insightful, Intelligent, Unbiased, Thoughtful, etc.

They way it should be.

Too much of the "professional" sports media actually sounds like riled up fans.

16 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

My friendly suggestion would be to change the source of your sports talk ;)

Or else you may just hear more of the same throughout the season.

I highly recommend GMFB :

Insightful, Intelligent, Unbiased, Thoughtful, etc.

They way it should be.

Too much of the "professional" sports media actually sounds like riled up fans.

Well, I can contribute that first one to Skip Bayless. He was joking, but not really. it should make their eventual downfall a blast, it always does.

21 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Does anybody else hate the way football is played today? I find 60 passes, almost all of them short, to be boring. I miss the old days of a vertical passing game and runs between the tackles

That was the right gameplan for Dallas. You don't want deep pass attempts against that Tampa pass rush with an OL minus an All Pro G. They also couldn't run it at all.

Hard to take too much away from the game in terms of how the season will go. Here are the points I see - focusing on dallas as they are the division rival.

The positives for dallas: 

- Dak played better than anyone outside dallas expected. Let's be fair. He was passing just like he did before the injury. He is a bit slower so that may catch up. But on this night he was good.

- Their D was OK in the first half forcing TOs and making a few plays. It was not enough and they wilted in the second half but if I were Dan Quinn I would be encouraged by the start. Just need to be consistent. 

- They came out with no major injuries. 

- They got called for very few penalties. Overall I thought the referees were pretty fair. They let dallas get away with some holding but so did Tampa's Oline. And that supposed OPI would have been a hard call to make real time. Looked more like the CBs momentum took him to the ground. It's only when you slow it down can you see him push off. 

- WR look great. They did have some early drops but that went away in the 2nd half. 

The negatives: 

- No running game - Elliott and Pollard combined for 47 yds on 14 carries. Take away the 11 tyd run by Pollard and the 14 yd run by Elliott and you get 23 yds on 12 carries. That cannot happen and expect the team to be in games. 

- Dak threw 58 times for over 400 yds and 3TDs and they lost. No QB can keep that up. He will get injured again. He has to get some help on the ground. 

- TB gave them 4 TOs - 2 in scoring position if I remember and they still lost. 

- All those trips to the RZ and only 3 TDs. This is a holdover from last year when there struggled in the RZ. 

- TB was missing 2 starters from the secondary and lost a 3rd for a while. So may want to temper Daks performance a little. He took advantage but still their secondary was weak to  begin with and it got weaker. 

- Now they are missing La'el Collin s for 5 gms due to substance abuse. Assuming Zak Martin even comes back right away that leaves short again on the oline. Dak will not hold up on any kind of consistent pressure. 

I get they could have all those problems and still beat us if Ryan and Co cannot score. But while it's clear they will not be a pushover, they had some things exposed last night that will come back to bite them. 

But we need to take care of SD first. Then **** them cowpukes! 

• Like 1

The hype that Dallas is recieving is over the top..It's the first game of the season and Tampa could be trash this year..That defense is old,so who's to say they haven't really regressed? I Mean have we not seen a team that was all world the previous year and a team playing them that wasn't so good the year before almost beat the all world team and come to find out that all world team just sucked..I think that actually happened to the WFT one year

Edited by bh32

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

That was the right gameplan for Dallas. You don't want deep pass attempts against that Tampa pass rush with an OL minus an All Pro G. They also couldn't run it at all.

Yeah but that's how football is played today both in college and the NFL. I'm just sick of short passes all game long. And I'm fully prepared for teems to be doing that to us all season to negate our pass rush

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah but that's how football is played today both in college and the NFL. I'm just sick of short passes all game long. And I'm fully prepared for teems to be doing that to us all season to negate our pass rush

Well part of the problem is DC's are too scared to play man with tight coverage..If you have CB's that can play press then you shouldn't have a problem..I think thats why the WFT went after William Jackson because he is a good man press corner..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bh32 said:

The hype that Dallas is recieving is over the top..It's the first game of the season and Tampa could be trash this year..That defense is old,so who's to say they haven't really regressed? I Mean have we not seen a team that was all world the previous year and a team playing them that wasn't so good the year before almost beat the all world team and come to find out that all world team just sucked..I think that actually happened to the WFT one year

They are just trying to draw more fan attention to the NFL.  

7 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

They are just trying to draw more fan attention to the NFL.  

Yeah,But their fans are unbearable right now..Talking how they faced the #1 defense in the NFL and Dak out played Brady..How they will easily win the NFC East..The NFL did them a favor by not scheduling a game against the WFT until the end of the season..WFT is gonna eat that offense alive

10 hours ago, bh32 said:

Yeah,But their fans are unbearable right now..Talking how they faced the #1 defense in the NFL and Dak out played Brady..How they will easily win the NFC East..The NFL did them a favor by not scheduling a game against the WFT until the end of the season..WFT is gonna eat that offense alive

Had Godwin hauled in an easy TD pass and not fumbled near the goal line (completely his mistakes) they wouldn't have even been in that game.  Let the Cowpoke fans crow, they'll be in hiding soon enough when they don't live up to the hype like usual.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Had Godwin hauled in an easy TD pass and not fumbled near the goal line (completely his mistakes) they wouldn't have even been in that game.  Let the Cowpoke fans crow, they'll be in hiding soon enough when they don't live up to the hype like usual.  

It goes both ways with that. If Jarwin blocks for Zeke, he walks in for 6. If Greg The Leg hits the extra point and makes the easy field goal that’s an 11 point swing for Dallas. I don’t count the 60 yarder as that’s an almost guarantee miss.

They were 9 point underdogs, to a team returning 22 starters and raising their banner at home. That’s a tough draw for anybody that isn’t Mahomes or Rodgers.

Games aren’t played with What if’s. If Dallas is for real, they will go on a run. They don’t see a playoff team from last year until Week 11. Still see them finishing in the 10-7, 9-8 range.

Edited by DeMarco Murray 29

17 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Saints are really rolling the Packers ... I wonder how Joe Barry got another D coordinator job so soon.

Edit: Gues it wasn't that soon ... last D Coordinator job was with Washington in 2016, thought it was later than that.

Spent the last few years as the Asst Head Coach for the Rams.