Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

Just now, Alcoholic Zebra said:

While true, and depth suffers from that...it would still be considered a pretty good draft class netting 3 starters.  2 of whom seem pro-bowl capable.

I was typing up the exact same response.  2 integral pieces and 1 good piece, can't be too mad about that.

Just now, Alcoholic Zebra said:

While true, and depth suffers from that...it would still be considered a pretty good draft class netting 3 starters.  2 of whom seem pro-bowl capable.

MIddle of the road on the amount of picks we had but RR doesn't seem to care for what the previous F.O.s did in their draft and the players they took.   Sure seems that way.  Probably over analyzing it.  

A shame about Sharpe. I'd have wanted to keep the majority of the O-Line we made the playoffs with because they did fairly well, but such is life.

I forget, was it Sharpe that had the tweet complaining about reporters saying Washington had an LT only after signing Leno?

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not surprised that he was cut but I am surprised that Martin didn't progress.  I'm thinking he is a case of a decent athlete with good footwork but nowhere near mean enough to play guard.  A guard has to be a mauler and Martin doesn't have that personality.  

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

wow, I am not a big AGG guy as my posts explained plenty and I liked Milne over him but I am mildly surpised at that one. 

I thought he was safe, and I thought he outplayed all of the other depth receivers in the preseason games.  But I was wrong. 

Drafting him was clearly a mistake, but I think cutting him was a mistake too.  I am not a Cam Sims fan, and I think there is a decent chance AGG gets picked up by another team.  Hopefully he makes it to the PS though, we need some WR prospects with any kind of promise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

A shame about Sharpe. I'd have wanted to keep the majority of the O-Line we made the playoffs with because they did fairly well, but such is life.

I forget, was it Sharpe that had the tweet complaining about reporters saying Washington had an LT only after signing Leno?

Might have been Lucas?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Lucas was the one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I thought he was safe, and I thought he outplayed all of the other depth receivers in the preseason games.  But I was wrong. 

Drafting him was clearly a mistake, but I think cutting him was a mistake too.  I am not a Cam Sims fan, and I think there is a decent chance AGG gets picked up by another team.  Hopefully he makes it to the PS though, we need some WR prospects with any kind of promise.

Cam Sims plays special teams though.  He's also made quite a few chunk plays which probably sticks out in a coaches mind.  

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I am not sweating them cutting AGG unless its for Deandre Carter.  I want Milne to make it.  I am not a big Cam Sims guy either but IMO he's shown more than AGG.  He's also a big tall WR -- better YAC guy IMO than AGG.  

I am mildly surprised though.  it was Keim of all of those covering the team that harped on and off for months that they were dissapppointed last year with what they saw from AGG in practice, camp, and the season and was on the bubble.  Also he suggested that he needed to bounce back from his performance in preseason game 1 but he redeemed himself some in the next two games and he thought he likely saved his job albeit he didn't see him as a roster lock.   So that's what put the alarm bells on with me about AGG.  

Watching AGG in practice, nothing really stood out to me from him.   But nothing bad either.  The reason why I was OK riding with the beat reporters echoing the same thing on him is it followed my own observations.  I am no expert and I could end up dead wrong about him but all I can do is ride with what i see and run with it and later find out if i am right or wrong. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can see AGG being picked up for practice squad. I don't think there's much threat of him being picked off. He has hands and size, but that's about it. He lacks speed and isn't a great route runner. I like the choice. Production over potential.  He's tall just isn't a good enough reason.

On the other hand, I think he's also raw enough that maybe with a year of practice on the squad he can learn to be a red zone threat.

I'm happy to see Wes Martin finally go, he was terrible. I was a fan of Moorland early on but at some point you have to be productive in games and not just practice. Also happy to see Barber go for obvious reasons, AGG looks to be JAG on someone else's bench.  I will not make any comments on Troy Apke until the final cuts are announced.  Kinda hoped they would keep Reeves but they know more than I do.  

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Unless they keep Carter as a return man.  I guess they could have Patterson do kicks and Milne do punts though.

It’s possible. Carter and Milne feels a bit redundant to me but at this point who knows.