Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think you've got it backwards.  To me AGG is the one who separates and Milne is the stiff grinder who doesn't get any separation and makes his living on tough catches in traffic.  Especially when he lined up outside. 

Let me start by saying I think I am the dude who volunteered that Milne has some stiffness.  Reading your post it comes off like I was saying Milne is some speedster hot seperator.  It's far from what I said though.    

Watching them in practice, Milne had some stiffness.  I mentioned it back then and mentioned it even recently.  But AGG looked distinctly more stiff to me.  And I am not the only dude who mentioned the same who was at those practices.

The fact that AGG's agility numbers ranked "very poor" not just poor but very poor by RAS metrics, doesn't seem wild to me after watching him up close.  Milne's agility numbers were ranked by RAS as good.  Personally, I think his agility at least in the context of coming in and out of his breaks when I watched him looked average at best but yet still better than AGG.  Milne having slightly better speed both in the 40 and 10 according to the pro day, maybe so but that was hard to see.  Their speed seemed to be about the same to me in person. 

Milne has been complemented for his releases.  He could definitely get open in college and big time so.  I show some clips below and I didn't have to dig that hard to find them.  He can create seperatiion and find space for himself all over the field whether playing outside or inside.    Do I have faith in him to do so playing on the outside in the NFL?  Not sure.  I see him as a better fit in the slot where he comes off like a savvy dude who can find holes in a zone defense.   A short stride actually is an advantage playing slot.  And, I think he has enough quickness/agility to do so.  And his hands IMO are killer.  His drop rate was one of the lowest in college even though he had a ton of balls thrown his way.   And he looked that part, too.  As for excelling in the slot, I can see having hands like his being a tremendous asset as to catching balls in traffic in short windows. 

I think PFF nails him pretty good in their description.   Pros and cons.  Rewatching him again just now, love the dude's run blocking.  It's not that he pancakes guys but he's so assignment sound, just about always find a man and sticks to the block long enough to help his runners. 

He's not IMO a killer-great player.  But if I am looking for a backup, I am looking for a dude who does multiple things well including special teams.  IMO he has more tools in his tool shed than AGG.  I don't dislike AGG.  Love how he can get open on quick slants, quick crossers, quick out routes.  I've talked about that before.  He can block too but IMO not as consistent as Milne. 

AGG's advantage over Milne IMO is he's taller and has long arms and can also jump higher.  Milne isn't short but he doesn't have long arms or is that hot of a jump in the air guy.  I love Milne's body control where he makes some diving catches laterally.  AGG's thing with contested catches is typically high pointing the ball.  And as I said I might be sour on those types because some of us have been wrong on players who have that as their top asset, you for example with Hakeem Butler, me with Josh Doctson.  I am much less taken by tall dudes who can go up and high point the ball than I once was if that's the meat of the skills.  I want more.  Not saying that's all AGG does but that IMO is definitely his top skill.   I don't see enough other tools that have me intrigued with him as a starter.  But as a backup, he looks fine to me.  If he ends up a stud starter, I'd love it, but I am cynical about it for reasons I've stated. 

I went back through his cut ups and I didn't think Milne was a good route runner. 

Disagree.

I think he has poor flexibility

I think he has average flexibility not nothing to write home about.  Its AGG who really has little IMO.  And his pro day numbers show that well.  

He's got an upright running style with a short little stride but he still takes a ton of gather steps to change directions. 

Agree.

As a result, he rounds off all of his breaks and doesn't generate separation. 

Disagree about the seperation part.  But like AGG I wonder about his ability to seperate in the NFL on the outside.  It's part of the reason why I see him playing slot. 

and won't win footraces against NFL corners so he's got limited vertical utility. 

Agree but the point applies even better to AGG IMO.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 8.03.31 PM.png

milne1.png

milne2.png

milne3.png

milne4.png

milne5.png

milne6.png

milne7.png

milne8.png

milne9.png

milne10.png

milne11.png

milne12.png

milne13.png

milne14.png

milne15.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

I wonder if anyone is going to pick up Le’veon Bell. I have a feeling that most teams with either not be willing to pay what he wants or won't want to put up with a pain in the ass like him.

Can't see RR bringing Bell into this culture that he's worked so hard to change....Bell seems more interested in his rap music career than he does his football "career". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Milne makes plays.

That's why I care.

It doesn't have to look pretty.

Or like a ballerina gracefully embracing a leather sculpture.

But just get open, catch the ball, and get decent gains.

He's shown he can do that.

And Dax a fact !

Great routes, ball awareness over either shoulder, great hands, tough to tackle, and tough to go against his blocking.

If Milne's house is rocking, don't bother knocking.

When it's all said and done, Milne will be on somebody's 53 man roster.

It may be here. But if not, it will be somewhere, guarantees this poster.

He' done all the above, even against 1st String Raven's defense.

And has things you can't teach, like Football Sense.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Guys like Lauletta getting cut is proof other guys like Kyle Allen aren't worth keeping around as a #3

Not really sure what your point about Lauletta even is. Dude has never completed an NFL pass. Hasn't even attempted one since 2018. And that was four teams ago. He's not really in the same league as Allen.

Look, I get many people here don't like Allen. But he does currently possess value in this league. Now I don't expect much from Allen. He's basically a back-up level guy. And if you lose one of them, you can probably get another. But the better question is who are you cutting Allen for? Cause it better not be Peyton Barber. Or someone who is even more replaceable. This team is so thin at LB, TE, and RB that there's really not enough viable NFL bodies. So why cut a guy with value?

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not really sure what your point about Lauletta even is. Dude has never completed an NFL pass. Hasn't even attempted one since 2018. And that was four teams ago. He's not really in the same league as Allen.

Look, I get many people here don't like Allen. But he does currently possess value in this league. Now I don't expect much from Allen. He's basically a back-up level guy. And if you lose one of them, you can probably get another. But the better question is who are you cutting Allen for? Cause it better not be Peyton Barber. Or someone who is even more replaceable. This team is so thin at LB, TE, and RB that there's really not enough viable NFL bodies. So why cut a guy with value?

Because if you're down to your third string QB then your season is basically over. You're basically sacrificing a more qualified guy, whomever that is, in the hopes of a worst case scenario. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Because if you're down to your third string QB then your season is basically over. You're basically sacrificing a more qualified guy, whomever that is, in the hopes of a worst case scenario. 

we were down to our #4 last year.  Seems he did pretty good and we were competitive in the loffs to the eventual champeens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I think we should cut Allen as well but hopes he makes it though the waivers to put him on practice squad to be our covid QB.  Sucks for Allen since he will be making less pay but the argument that Allen holds value for us as backup is weak.  If Allen is picked up by someone else then its not a big deal.

We all know that most likely the QB of the future isn’t on the roster and if he was then it isn’t Allen.    So with that situation… if our QB1 and QB2 goes down then our season is over.  We need to be thinking about the next draft instead be trying to squeeze out an another meaningless win or two with Allen.

Edited by sjinhan

14 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

we were down to our #4 last year.  Seems he did pretty good and we were competitive in the loffs to the eventual champeens.

One game doesn't make a career. Heinie also wasn't even on the roster at the beginning of the season, which reinforces the argument that we don't have to keep 3. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

yeah minus some miracle performance Hinieke… hindsight, losing a game or two that would have allowed us to draft Fields or Mac Jones might have been better for us long term.

Edited by sjinhan
  • Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

In many cases this might be true. If Mahomes and Chad Henne are out for the season KC is not winning the bowl. Difference is that our team is not built on the offense but the defense which can get us the division and with some decent qb play maybe even a playoff win. 

If Heincke was in camp last year would you say only keep Haskins and Smith?

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan93 said:

In many cases this might be true. If Mahomes and Chad Henne are out for the season KC is not winning the bowl. Difference is that our team is not built on the offense but the defense which can get us the division and with some decent qb play maybe even a playoff win. 

If Smith was healthy, yes keep only Haskins and Smith.    

also the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl.  I know we havent been the most successful franchise over past 30 years but lets not settle for a playoff appearance and maybe a win.

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Let's be honest, they had no choice to keep Smith. It's not like they expected anything from him. Haskins was a work in progress and Kyle was there because he knew Scott's offense and there wasn't a preseason. Now we have a durable guy in Fitz and Heinie who has shown he can come in if needed. There's no need for anything beyond that.

1 minute ago, sjinhan said:

If Smith was healthy, yes keep only Haskins and Smith.    

also the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl.  I know we havent been the most successful franchise over past 30 years but lets not settle for a playoff appearance and maybe a win.

Yes that is the ultimate goal but let’s be realistic, back to back division champs and playoff win is the right direction especially after 30 years of futility. 

Also I’m pretty sure Allen is not eligible for the PS. He signed a restricted free agent contract this year. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Let's be honest, they had no choice to keep Smith. It's not like they expected anything from him. Haskins was a work in progress and Kyle was there because he knew Scott's offense and there wasn't a preseason. Now we have a durable guy in Fitz and Heinie who has shown he can come in if needed. There's no need for anything beyond that.

This discussion is pointless. They are gonna keep 3 qbs and I suppose you know more than Ron and the entire braintrust on the team.