Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

13 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

You can probably rule out the Eagles this year. They’re pretty consistent when it comes to expectations. The Giants are always the biggest X-factor. They win when they shouldn’t, and they lose when they shouldn’t.

I think recently you have the Eagles and Giants flipped.  Giants consistently blow (not that we've been much better) despite one random playoff year in 2016.  Contrast that with the Eagles who came out of nowhere in 2017 to go from I think last in the division to winning the super bowl.

51 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You have to admit if that happened here people would be spinning it as “hell yeah, no more soft ‘Camp Jay Resort and Spa’ for this team!” lol

But I lean more towards Judge being just like Patricia—a hardass who doesn’t know how to balance his ire with gaining the love and trust of his guys.

The "Patriot Way" has worked nowhere without Tom Brady, including Bill himself, who has a winning percentage of 46% without Tom.

This is always ignored for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

The "Patriot Way" has worked nowhere without Tom Brady, including Bill himself, who has a winning percentage of 46% without Tom.

This is always ignored for some reason. 

That doesn't sound right.  Unless you're including his stint with the Browns?

The Patriots gave him more power and ability to mold the organization.  That's why he ditched the Jets job immediately for the Patriots.

Before 2020, the Bill's Patriots without Brady had the second best W/L ratio out of any franchise over that span.  So it wasn't just Brady.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

All indications I'm getting, is Cosmi is Right

This looks like the current unofficial depth at Tackle

LT - Leno, Lucas, Steinmetz, Leonard

RT - Cosmi, Charles, Sharpe

Of course that can change any time.

I meant for next year with the LT assumption. Not this year. In the end it’s still an assumption. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

With only 3 total preseason games, are they planning on treating the 3rd one like the 4th one is usually approached, and just play backups/marginal players the whole game ?

Or will they try to get playing time for starters ?

I think i read somewhere yesterday that Rivera’s going to treat the 3rd game as the tune-up game 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

That doesn't sound right.  Unless you're including his stint with the Browns?

The Patriots gave him more power and ability to mold the organization.  That's why he ditched the Jets job immediately for the Patriots.

Before 2020, the Bill's Patriots without Brady had the second best W/L ratio out of any franchise over that span.  So it wasn't just Brady.

Yes that is the entirety of his NFL Head Coaching career without Tom Brady, including his losing season last year.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jamal Adams is clearly the best SS, but as far as an inbox safety if he can return to 2016 form, he's certainly in the conversation. He was All Pro. 3x probowler and JDRs system is designed for him to really excel.

I know it's been mentioned that Collins dropped weight, but has anyone seen actual numbers compared to his weight last year?

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think recently you have the Eagles and Giants flipped.  Giants consistently blow (not that we've been much better) despite one random playoff year in 2016.  Contrast that with the Eagles who came out of nowhere in 2017 to go from I think last in the division to winning the super bowl.

Jalen is looking horrible. Odds are Eagles get Watson in 22.

4 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I know it's been mentioned that Collins dropped weight, but has anyone seen actual numbers compared to his weight last year?

I don’t have the numbers.  But from the clips I’ve seen of him in training camp he looks really spry.  He has a lot of bounce to his step.  He looks noticeably sharp movement wise.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Yes that is the entirety of his NFL Head Coaching career without Tom Brady, including his losing season last year.

Yeah, I think he's down under 230lbs again.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

With only 3 total preseason games, are they planning on treating the 3rd one like the 4th one is usually approached, and just play backups/marginal players the whole game ?

Or will they try to get playing time for starters ?

My memory is a little fuzzy on this but if I recall correctly Rivera was asked about this and suggested his starters will play some in the third game.    After that game, they got 2 weeks off before the first real game so it gives plenty of time for starters to rest. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Having Saadhiq be the Ty Nsecke-type swing lineman this year, learning as much as he can about G and T spots, and then step in as the starting RG next summer when Scherff inevitably tries to find greener grass on the other side of the fence, is an absolute great scenario for us.

If Scherff stays healthy this year then I'd like the team to find a way to get a deal done.  I wasn't on board with drafting a guard that high at the time but if you watch him play, he's one of the best.  If Cosmi continues trending up then it would really be nice to have that right side on lock down for 3 -5 years.  Assuming they keep Chase R then you have a lot to choose from in-house for the LG spot.  All they'd need is a left tackle.  Not like that's an easy thing to find of course.  But as far as draft capital and free agency you can zero in on that position specifically.  

Scherff is perceived as a leader on the O-line.  He's a high character, high motor guy.  They've just signed their Character guy for the DLine in Allen.  Would be nice to do the same on the offensive side of the ball.  That demonstrates that if you are loyal to the team, they will be loyal to you.  That's how Gibbs did it.  He always had his core guys that he liked to take care of. 

Of course, this all depends on Scherff being healthy all season.  If he gets hurt again then you gotta figure he's unlucky or breaking down physically.  In either case, you move on.  

40 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

This type of information is nearly impossible to get unless a player or coach mentions it in an interview (and you believe them), because there’s just no official data kept on NFL player weight after the Combine/Senior Bowl/pro days they partake in as prospects passes by. Guys go their entire careers with the team bio referencing their age 22 NFL Combine weight even if they completely transform their bodies multiple different times.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My memory is a little fuzzy on this but if I recall correctly Rivera was asked about this and suggested his starters will play some in the third game.    After that game, they got 2 weeks off before the first real game so it gives plenty of time for starters to rest. 

Thanks, I didn't know about the 2 week period either.

That 2 weeks might be a welcome rest for the starters, but it will be the longest 2 weeks for us fans.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1