Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-scheme-analysis-32-nfl-teams-2021

2020 Defensive Pass Efficiency Rank: 3
2020 Defensive Rush Efficiency Rank: 9
2020 Base Coverage: Cover 3
2020 Third-Down Mentality: Cover 1 with a hole player and quarters

Washington ran a ton of zone defenses last year, unsure of themselves holding up in man coverage. It worked. The Football Team was the third-most efficient pass defense last year. When you can play zone and have an elite defensive line, you can get things done.

It will be interesting to see if signing William Jackson III in free agency will lead to the team playing more man coverage, where Jackson has excelled. He recorded the seventh-best grade in Cover 1 last year (80.8) at his position. With that said, Washington was great at whatever it played, with its Cover 3, quarters and Cover 1 looks all ranking in the top third of the league in efficiency.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-scheme-analysis-32-nfl-teams-2021

2020 Pass Efficiency Rank: 31
2020 Rush Efficiency Rank: 8

Washington was a sneaky spread team in 2020, getting into formations with an inline tight end or a fullback at the league’s lowest rate. The Football Team managed to run the ball decently from these formations, whether it was inside or outside zone, but they couldn’t throw it. The run game could get much better with all the jets and fake jet motion they’ll give to newly signed wideout Curtis Samuel, which should unlock the defense.

In the passing game, Washington's league-low 6.2-yard average depth of target is going to skyrocket with new quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hopefully that means more explosive pass plays, a metric the Football Team also ranked dead last in last year. 

Pretty amazing that we were able to get that high of a rushing grade with absolutely no passing game to speak of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I forgot where I saw it but it struck me reading about Dyami making a big play against St. Juste and Terry crowed after that saying out loud to Dyami that he told him the way to deal with St. Juste is to get his arm on him or push off or something like that.

I guess Terry is recommending to get physical back with St. Juste.  Should be an interesting camp.  😀

IMO that might be a temporary fix until Juice figures out how to counter. He has the length, strong base, and burst to counter that pretty effectively. What impresses me is that although he is 6'3, he doesn't have chicken legs you see with a lot of corners that are that tall, the guy actually looks strong. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Wyvern said:

That was really strange for the site to be down for such a long time.  Perhaps the Mods will post something on what happened?

I was wondering myself.  At some point I would imagine they are going to change the web address if this site.  I thought that might be what was happening yesterday.

• Like 4

Look how the dude is built, freaking crazy prototypical build for a 6'3 CB. 

Screenshot_20210615-111935_Instagram.jpg

5 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Pffft...a wrap is still not a sandwich....

And if OJ catches wind of this and makes any comments....I blame you...

And he refuses to wear gloves when he makes his sandwiches. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Watch Juste be a home run for us and Trapke make the transition to CB4/5.

We are gonna be a very good team.

Maybe Apke is just terrible in space, he seems to react really slow and maybe overestimate his own speed? Curious if he'd be a better cover 0 CB than FS, but I'd be shocked if he makes the team honestly. If he does, and he turns out as even an okay depth CB, the coaching staff would deserve huge praise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Maybe Apke is just terrible in space, he seems to react really slow and maybe overestimate his own speed? Curious if he'd be a better cover 0 CB than FS, but I'd be shocked if he makes the team honestly. If he does, and he turns out as even an okay depth CB, the coaching staff would deserve huge praise. 

His knock, ever since college is that he takes poor angles, which is still true, but at 6'1" 210lbs with 4.35 speed, if he can cover, he could still be an asset.

I'm assuming the CBs are Fuller, WJIII, Juste and Moreland as locks. Both Trap and Danny J play teams, but if Milne or Carter can be the returner, that makes room for at least one of them.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

IMO that might be a temporary fix until Juice figures out how to counter. He has the length, strong base, and burst to counter that pretty effectively. What impresses me is that although he is 6'3, he doesn't have chicken legs you see with a lot of corners that are that tall, the guy actually looks strong. 

Canadian bacon!

7 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Maybe Apke is just terrible in space

In space, no one can hear Apke scream.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It appears that he just doesn’t have the instincts for the position. It’s possible with a very well defined role at CB, that he could do better. But in that same vein, I’d like his chances better as a man CB than a zone CB. He’s tall/long for a CB and fast. Maybe he could back up Juice/WJIII in man sets. 

• Like 5