Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Washington Darrick Forrest Safety Cincinnati

PCS

8 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

"Definitely" is a bit optimistic for a 5th round draft pick replacing the special teams captain.  Pump the brakes turbo!

Do bear in mind Everett was an undrafted free agent signed by Tampa in 2015.  Athletically Forrest is superior (WIDE difference in RAS).  Love Everett, but truly he could be his eventual replacement.  Forrest is one of the best athletes in the draft.  He's a dog, team captain, and has all the intangibles that Ron desires.  Would not be suprised if he surplants Everett. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Forrest looks SMALL in his highlight videos. He's the size of a CB, and not a big one. Great athlete, but weight and lack of length will limit him. I think his best case is that he sees the field a lot in nickel/dime packages and is a significant contributor but not a starter. And that's fine, given where he was selected. 

7 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Forrest looks SMALL in his highlight videos. He's the size of a CB, and not a big one. Great athlete, but weight and lack of length will limit him. I think his best case is that he sees the field a lot in nickel/dime packages and is a significant contributor but not a starter. And that's fine, given where he was selected. 

A FS that is a shade under 6' with 32" arms and 10" hands is a perfectly acceptable profile. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What the hell?! I’ve never heard of this soulless, Urkel looking mofo and I did a ****load of PFN mock draft simulations over the last month. We are so completely screwed. Our front office is lucky there are no hitmen in my price range. 

I am all in for a go fund me campaign.  We need to do something about all these crazy unknown athletes being drafted..  Unacceptable.

Forrest seems like an enigma. I know draft profiles arent always consistent, but the take on his change of direction skills are all over the place: some say they are solid, others say it's his biggest weakness.  A couple raved about his skills close to the LOS, then concluded he is more of a FS type.  Strange.  

I agree that he is going to play the deshazor everett role, and if he is a beast in ST, and is able to step in at safety and can hold his own when needed, he will be well worth the pick.  Hopefully our solid front 7 means we don't need an elite FS back there to make big plays for us.

Drafting a guy like Darrick Forrest is exactly what I wanted the team to do in the 4th-6th round if we missed out on Moehrig or Holland. Some competition in camp for Jeremy Reaves, Reaves should beat him out but this is some extra motivation for him to take the position and put a stranglehold on it. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

I think there was an article or two after the second Dallas game that provided a positive breakdown of his game and showed flashes. I also remember the pick off of Sudfield in the Philly game. I thought he looked good but FS was so often listed as an area of need I assumed I was missing something.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 3:53 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Drafting a guy like Darrick Forrest is exactly what I wanted the team to do in the 4th-6th round if we missed out on Moehrig or Holland. Some competition in camp for Jeremy Reaves, Reaves should beat him out but this is some extra motivation for him to take the position and put a stranglehold on it. 

Camp competition has become a big buzz word lately.  Are we sure camp competition is as important as we think it is?  Do we really end up putting our best players out there based on competition in camp?  I’d like to think it’s true, but I’m not sure.  Maybe I’m overthinking.

33 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Camp competition has become a big buzz word lately.  Are we sure camp competition is as important as we think it is?  Do we really end up putting our best players out there based on competition in camp?  I’d like to think it’s true, but I’m not sure.  Maybe I’m overthinking.

I'd like to think so but I also think many teams give high draft picks about as many chances as they can get. If the competition is close, the high draft pick will more than often get the nod. 

4 hours ago, The Sisko said:

These people are out here lying. Between Apke and Reaves we’ve only got one FS on the roster. 

Bobby McCain?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'd like to think so but I also think many teams give high draft picks about as many chances as they can get. If the competition is close, the high draft pick will more than often get the nod. 

Bobby McCain?

10 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Did he forget McCain?

tweet is dated 5/1, which is before McCain signed 

• Thanks 1