Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Just now, Zim489 said:

I hate medicority and thats what were striving to be right now. This draft is all about not being terrible. Instead of trying to be great 

I totally disagree with you.

What move makes us great?

The only questionable move I’ve seen is PhiPhi.  And that’s because we created our own nightmare. 

Brian Robinson is going to raise our offensive floor all by himself. 

Gibson now becomes Deebo.

Terry and Dotson can threaten deep and opposing defenses are going to get hit by a literal battering ram for four quarters. 

Our offense improved dramatically in the last two days.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I hate medicority and thats what were striving to be right now. This draft is all about not being terrible. Instead of trying to be great 

you don't jump from middling to great easily.  Great is rare or it's not actually great.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah I’m ecstatic. 

I don’t know why people are harping on projected round stuff… I thought he was RB3. Dude does it all. I think he has a real chance to be the best back in the class and we got him at 98.

In my rankings I added draft value to my takes and had him as a late third -- exactly more or less where they took him.  The value IMO is fine.  

People are going to love this guy eventually.  He's a thumper but with sneaky good speed and underrated hands.

He can run both zone and power.  He had 22 runs of 15 plus yards. So he's not just a short yardage grinder.

If you want to play some ball control and grind down the opponent in the 4 quarter -- how about dealing with a 6 '1, 225 RB with 4.53 speed.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 9
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Don’t hate the pick. But there’s zero positional value added with these two picks. Not sure the team is materially better from it. 

It’s all going to come down to Wentz this year 

The truth of this is what makes it so scary.  I watched that game v. Jax, yikes.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In my rankings I added draft value to my takes and had him as a late third -- exactly more or less where they took him.  The value IMO is fine.  

People are going to love this guy eventually.  He's a thumper but with sneaky good speed and underrated hands.

He both run zone and power.  He had 22 runs of 15 plus yards. So he's not just a short yardage grinder.

If you want to play some ball control and grind down the opponent in the 4 quarter -- how about dealing with a 6 '1, 225 RB with 4.53 speed.

Yup.

I’m excited. I like all three players we took. PhiPhi is a guy I think we reached on and he isn’t going to wow us regularly but he’ll be okay.

I have concerns with overall asset management for our team… but I like the players so far.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Does AG become our Deebo?

No. He’ll be used more in line with his ability as a COP, kept fresh through the games and season, used more in the receiving game hopefully. But he’s nothing like Deebo and his athleticism is very very different. Much more straight line and much less dynamic. 

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Don’t hate the pick. But there’s zero positional value added with these two picks. Not sure the team is materially better from it. 

It’s all going to come down to Wentz this year 

Thats what I am getting at. The value by Ron and this entire draft is so wrong. Its not conductive to winning in 2022.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I totally disagree with you.

What move makes us great?

The only questionable move I’ve seen is PhiPhi.  And that’s because we created our own nightmare. 

Brian Robinson is going to raise our offensive floor all by himself. 

Gibson now becomes Deebo.

Terry and Dotson can threaten deep and opposing defenses are going to get hit by a literal battering ram for four quarters. 

Our offense improved dramatically in the last two days.

I don't mind the Robinson pick, but I question how much he'll really raise our offensive floor. He's not a dynamic back, his vision is seems ok, his speed is ok, he basically just seems to follow blockers and power mostly in a straight line. Not much wiggle or elusiveness to him. I think he'll get tough yards but won't be much of a threat to break off big runs.

But then again I'm far from a pro scout or coach so my analysis of him could be totally off, as I didn't watch a ton of film on him before the draft.

Not gonna be too harsh on our draft so far. Am I super excited? No, but I've been excited about past drafts and those classes don't turn out. I don't remember having any kind of reaction when we drafted McClaurin. I dig the DT's energy and we did need to address depth there, with Dotson, its easy to get stuck on the name and not the kid so just wait..

We still have 5 picks maybe more, maybe less. I think in the end we'll pull off a good draft and most of our needs will be met and I bet we get a QB too.. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He can run both zone and power.  He had 22 runs of 15 plus yards. So he's not just a short yardage grinder.

... as opposed to the tiny Antonio Gibson at 6'2" and 220 with 4.4 speed? Robinson hits hard, but he isn't really a big back.

Just now, mistertim said:

I don't mind the Robinson pick, but I question how much he'll really raise our offensive floor. He's not a dynamic back, his vision is seems ok, his speed is ok, he basically just seems to follow blockers and power mostly in a straight line. Not much wiggle or elusiveness to him. I think he'll get tough yards but won't be much of a threat to break off big runs.

But then again I'm far from a pro scout or coach so my analysis of him could be totally off, as I didn't watch a ton of film on him before the draft.

Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel. You’ll see over time.

• Like 1

Like the players they have taken on an individual level are decent but the value at where they are taken and at the positions they are combined with the current roster are woeful.

Just terrible roster construction and asset management. Not surprising from the worst voted FO in the league

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Yup.

I’m excited. I like all three players we took. PhiPhi is a guy I think we reached on and he isn’t going to wow us regularly but he’ll be okay.

I have concerns with overall asset management for our team… but I like the players so far.

I got to watch Mathis but I am liking what i am reading about him.  Alabama DTs have been mostly really good in the NFL, even supposed pure run-stuffers like Jarren Reed have played well and showed some pass rush in the league.  For a run stuffer type to have 9 sacks is pretty darn good.  Sounds like a boisterous leader type -- good dude.

Dotson is the same way.  Speaking of which for those who have ESPN 2, they are running the Hey Rookie episodes right now, if you want to watch a bit about Dotson's journey.

• Like 2

Damn. Leo Chenal to the Chiefs.

Kdawgs boy, Danny gray to the niners.

Favorite remaining:

CB

Tariq Woolen

Tariq Castro-Fields

Coby Bryant

OL

Faalele

Zach Tom

Salyer

Max Mitchell

Buffalo

JoJo Domann

Sterling Weatherford

Markquese Bell

FS

Percy Butler

TE

Bellinger 

Cole Turner

Chig Okonkwo

MLB

Darrian Beavers

Damone Clark

WR

Kevin Austin

QB

Carson Strong

Sam Howell is starting to become interesting...

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1