Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I understand everyone is excited about Sam Howell... But we should be very concerned about Buffalo Nickel and LB. GAPING holes in the defense.

Edit: Beavers to the Giants. God damn it man.

Buffalo nickel? Ho hum. Coverage over the middle with the still poor LBs? Thats a big yikes. 

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

We clown New England for reaching but they'll probably end up getting like five good players from this class.  They picked two of my favorite runningbacks and one of my favorite corners, all at value.

This is how I feel about our draft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Yeah if you said, Jameson Williams or 

J Dotson, B Robinson and S Howell …. Tough to pick Williamson with that ACL and clearly we got phenomenal value with Howell

Very good perspective....when you put it that way then you can't really complain at all.  

5 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I understand everyone is excited about Sam Howell... But we should be very concerned about Buffalo Nickel and LB. GAPING holes in the defense.

Edit: Beavers to the Giants. God damn it man.

Hang in there, FAR. There are a couple of options yet.  One @Skinsinparadise metioned is Malcolm Rodriguez.  He's good and might be there.  If not, Jack Sanborn is another overachiever that plays faster than his timed 40.  Watch his and the other players videos.  Sanborn reads the O well and attacks well.  I like him a lot because I think SIPs dude will be gone before #230.  Hope not but we got options.  :)  

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Funny it feels like he missed so much more than that. I didn't believe you until I looked it up. 

I wrote a tome on this in the Wentz thread.  

Honestly I didn't even know it until I looked it up while arguing with a poster who STILL won't acknowledge facts and just keeps saying "he's injury prone.  Trust me!"  

He does get dinged up.  But he literally plays through everything.  Dude is tough.  

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Pardon me if I’m not concerned that the Giants picked a LB in the sixth round.

You're wrong.

YARN | This is the perfect time to panic! | Toy Story (1995) | Video gifs  by quotes | b4e4a56e | 紗

• Haha 1

Ah man, Rodriguez was my favorite LBer after the top guys at the position.  I had him 59 overall.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

This is how I feel about our draft.

I think we hit a handful of singles too, but I was not  impressed with the value of our choices until that Howell pick came up.  I would say our draft was going: small reach on Dotson, big reach on Mathis, Robinson at value, don't know with the safety since I didn't watch or rank him but gut reaction was that it felt like a reach, then home run value with Howell.

Could we have done better in the draft and in the offseason as a whole?  Almost certainly.  But having our QB room feel like it's finally set is a major achievement of the offseason.  It will govern our future and I do think we're set at QB now.

11 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Pardon me if I’m not concerned that the Giants picked a LB in the sixth round.

Its hilarious watching people bemoan missing out on guys that went 5th/6th/7th rounds.  It’s overwhelmingly likely they will never be heard from again lol.  How can you miss out on Beavers?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Ah man, Rodriguez was my favorite LBer after the top guys at the position.  I had him 59 overall.

I think we hit a handful of singles too, but I was not  impressed with the value of our choices until that Howell pick came up.  I would say our draft was going: small reach on Dotson, big reach on Mathis, Robinson at value, don't know with the safety since I didn't watch or rank him but gut reaction was that it felt like a reach, then home run value with Howell.

Could we have done better in the draft and in the offseason as a whole?  Almost certainly.  But having our QB room feel like it's finally set is a major achievement of the offseason.  It will govern our future and I do think we're set at QB now.

I'm not TOO far off on you. I'm not entirely worried about the value of the selections, but I do see some importance in it so I don't discount value entirely.

Dotson - Value +. What I mean by that: I had him as WR4 and in this draft that's a top 20 pick. I think we got him pretty much in range. But the added value of the draft selections we got in return is what the + is for. Tough to judge value too much based on getting draft picks because it depends how they turn out. But trading down, getting Dotson at value and getting extra picks is a value + move all the way to me.

PhiPhi Mathis - Below Value (1 round). Obviously no real way to know if he'd go before the next round, but in this case I'm using the guy I had valued at 1T1 going 30 picks later to determine we were a round early on Mathis. I think the team liked him, and actually... I like him. But I don't think the value for the pick was there. But I like the player quite a bit.

Brain Robinson - Above Value (1 round). This is different than many, but I had Robinson as a 2nd rounder/gem pick type. Getting him at 98 was just about a full round above value in my book. I understand if there is disagreement here. A RB that isn't a top 2 consensus guy can certainly be argued to simply be value and I couldn't argue it.

Percy Butler - Below Value (.5 rounds). Athletically he probably goes somewhere in the round he went in anyways. But he has issues tackling, he's hesitant and he's not a ball hawk/eraser type. Hard to argue he'd be left way later but he feels like a reach when I watch his film. Not all that impressed but can see why he'd have ST value and am not totally down on the pick.

Sam Howell - x10000000 value. Kidding. +3 round value. I had him at #32 overall. Most valued him a little further back, so let's call it a round 2 grade. 3 rounds after that is absolutely a high value selection. 

Cole Turner - Value. Just about where I'd expect a receiving tight end who has two left feet but can make every circus catch on the planet to go. Big upside pick. Like, don't love, but for where we got him the value was just about right. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Conn said:

So ****ing funny to be skimming playing catch up in this thread and come across this, immediately knew it must be in response to a VOR post 

I figure if he's gonna write all that, someone should humor him and respond to him.  Can't write all whole dissertation and not give the guy a response.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I've read a couple of reports saying that the safety was the highest rated safety in the draft. I can easily see Kurl being our strong safety and free being our big weakness. After all, how many times did we get beat over the top? If he's a great free and a great special teamer, he could be what we really need.