Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

40 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think Dax Hill or Muma would have a higher impact on our team. We already have an effective RB on the roster. 

I love Gibson.....but.....if there's a great RB prospect that falls in our laps then I'd consider taking him. Gibson still hasn't shown that he can handle the RB1 job for a full season either because of injury, fumbles or both. He worries me and I think he'd be much better with another guy in the mix helping him out. Just my opinion. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I love Gibson.....but.....if there's a great RB prospect that falls in our laps then I'd consider taking him. Gibson still hasn't shown that he can handle the RB1 job for a full season either because of injury, fumbles or both. He worries me and I think he'd be much better with another guy in the mix helping him out. Just my opinion. 

Gibson is a decent starter and Kissic a good 3rd down back but Patterson (while a good story) needs to be challenged

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Two QBs going early forces a lot of talent down, but it also might prompt someone like Pittsburgh to trade up with us to make sure they get their guy.

Good take.  I think we cross that bridge when we get there.  I would only take Hamilton over a trade down scenario.

Keim has recently pointed out that last season the defense was only in 3 linebacker look less than 20% of time. A rookie MLB is not a big impact addition. This is coming from someone who was big time on the MLB in the first train. I have now jumped on the offense early train 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Hypothetical:  we trade back to 14 and pick up Balt’s 3rd.  Cross, Penning, London, Olave, Stingley, and Lloyd are all available.  Who are you taking?

I'm seeing if chargers (17) or saints (16) want to fight for Cross, want to give a 4th and future 3rd while knowing at least 3 would still be there at 17.

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Good take.  I think we cross that bridge when we get there.  I would only take Hamilton over a trade down scenario.

We took Chase Young at #2.  I hope we don't take Hamilton (some call the best in the draft) at #11.  We need to fix more spots on our team to go further.  I like Hamilton a lot too, but I'd trade down and pick up extra picks to fill those positions.  That's just me.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

The kid from michigan state is very intriguing to me.  He has the look of a potential workhorse

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We took Chase Young at #2.  I hope we don't take Hamilton (some call the best in the draft) at #11.  We need to fix more spots on our team to go further.  I like Hamilton a lot too, but I'd trade down and pick up extra picks to fill those positions.  That's just me.  

At this point, I simply want a great player.  I am fond of the safety position as I believe it is more important than most.  JMO.  I think that the trade down is the best option as well, after some serious thought.  I think we can trade down twice, TBH.  

I really like J. Brisker from Penn St.  Should be avail early to mid 2nd rd.  I would love C. Watkins and J. Brisker as our first 2 picks.  If Hamilton is there maybe we could get a haul for him.  I do not know RWJ.  This is tiring, and were doing it for fun.

• Like 2

There are a lot of Commanders fans who care about the team's performance, and know that under Snyder's ownership there have been precious few playoff appearances, a parade of starting quarterbacks, and a litany of missteps and embarrassing moments for a once-proud franchise.

🤬  Why would anybody want to play here?  Those who question Rivera going after former Panthers, he knows they will play for him not the Commanders.

At this point I am glad I do not cross this guy on the street.  I swear to you know who.  I have never hit a person in my life, and will never, but what this guy has done to this franchise is bordering on criminal.

Edited by sebestian

6 minutes ago, sebestian said:

At this point, I simply want a great player.  I am fond of the safety position as I believe it is more important than most.  JMO.  I think that the trade down is the best option as well, after some serious thought.  I think we can trade down twice, TBH.  

I really like J. Brisker from Penn St.  Should be avail early to mid 2nd rd.  I would love C. Watkins and J. Brisker as our first 2 picks.  If Hamilton is there maybe we could get a haul for him.  I do not know RWJ.  This is tiring, and were doing it for fun.

Sebestian, brother I hear you. :) We all want the draft to start tomorrow night.  If they draft Hamilton, they get a great player but I don't like putting my eggs in one basket unless your getting a QB and know he's going to play lights out.  Of course, it's up to RR and Co.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Hypothetical:  we trade back to 14 and pick up Balt’s 3rd.  Cross, Penning, London, Olave, Stingley, and Lloyd are all available.  Who are you taking?

After stingleys foot checked out and the numbers he put up at his pro day, it'd be hard to pass on him.  Trading down and landing a potential elite cb.  Yes please.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep just stack talent at as many positions as possible. I'm tired of seeing Dyami Brown never get open and Jaret Patterson run into a wall on every 3rd and 1. 

To help Wentz the intial thought was WR, but how about an improved running attack. I like the idea of Hall or Walker in the 2nd if we go Hamilton in the First. 

If WR then I'd be more inclined to go LB/S in the second.

~Wolffe

Edited by Commander Wolffe

Great content in here and thanks to all that contribute, it’s where I get all of my draft news and takes and it helps me to better form my own opinion!

My gut tells me that New Orleans I’m sure called and we said no because there are a couple of guys at 11 that if they make it we will stay there and turn the card in. Thinking that is either Sauce or Hamilton, as those are potential game changing players on the backend that could take that unit to a whole different level. It’s a passing league too so their positions are premium. Id say maybe they love the top two tackles as well and would stay at 11 to take them? Also premium position and deep class and would give us soooo much versatility up front. I think outside of that, positions like receiver and linebacker are too deep to justify staying at 11 and taking one when you can slide back a few spots grab a third and still grab Lloyd/Olave. You trade back to 14 and you aren’t getting Hamilton/Sauce/Top 3 OT.

I think only other option on the table is multiple firsts from a team like Green Bay who wants THEIR guy at receiver for rodgers last go around. Or a trade of that nature where we go way back but have 3 top 50 picks. 

I think my preference is to trade back and go mostly offense and just load up. But I’d be super stoked with Sauce or Hamilton as well, those are transformative talents at premium positions that could elevate an entire unit over the top.

29 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Great content in here and thanks to all that contribute, it’s where I get all of my draft news and takes and it helps me to better form my own opinion!

My gut tells me that New Orleans I’m sure called and we said no because there are a couple of guys at 11 that if they make it we will stay there and turn the card in. Thinking that is either Sauce or Hamilton, as those are potential game changing players on the backend that could take that unit to a whole different level. It’s a passing league too so their positions are premium. Id say maybe they love the top two tackles as well and would stay at 11 to take them? Also premium position and deep class and would give us soooo much versatility up front. I think outside of that, positions like receiver and linebacker are too deep to justify staying at 11 and taking one when you can slide back a few spots grab a third and still grab Lloyd/Olave. You trade back to 14 and you aren’t getting Hamilton/Sauce/Top 3 OT.

I think only other option on the table is multiple firsts from a team like Green Bay who wants THEIR guy at receiver for rodgers last go around. Or a trade of that nature where we go way back but have 3 top 50 picks. 

I think my preference is to trade back and go mostly offense and just load up. But I’d be super stoked with Sauce or Hamilton as well, those are transformative talents at premium positions that could elevate an entire unit over the top.

I can see KC given up both of their 1st and a 3rd #103 overall).  I don't see GB given up both of their 1st for some reason.  I see them given up their highest 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Keim has recently pointed out that last season the defense was only in 3 linebacker look less than 20% of time. A rookie MLB is not a big impact addition. This is coming from someone who was big time on the MLB in the first train. I have now jumped on the offense early train 

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Gibson got benched multiple times last season. RB1 is clearly a need.

So much these.

Not sure we're going to be able to find an adequate RB in the draft given our pick situation, so its either a vet FA or hope Patterson makes a leap. 

• Like 1

If we're telegraphing an Olave pick, at 11... that's another Jamin Davis style reach we would be committing.  He's a tier 3 player at best for me.

I'm not as worried about position because I believe in BPA drafting, but if we want to talk about need, we have one good WR.  We don't have one good linebacker.  Jamin sucked and Holcomb is a below average starter.  It would be a shame to pass over the next Fred Warner for the next Calvin Ridley because of a sunk cost error with Jamin.

I'm alright with the speculation about Cross because I think he's really good, but a little disconcerted that we're not even looking at Jordan Davis or Tyler Linderbaum, who are both potential BPAs at 11.  Both of them are vastly better players than Penning.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So much these.

Not sure we're going to be able to find an adequate RB in the draft given our pick situation, so its either a vet FA or hope Patterson makes a leap. 

Some of the players that we're talking to, the RBs and Safeties, are clearly not going to be available between our first and second pick, which leads me to believe that a big trade back is clearly on the table. GB and KC would seem pretty viable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

I can see KC given up both of their 1st and a 3rd #103 overall).  I don't see GB given up both of their 1st for some reason.  I see them given up their highest 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders.  

Green Bay.  That's the team.  One can only hope that a lot of WR go before 11.  I have thought it through and even if Hamilton is there, trading done is my first option and I think Arod pressures GB to trade up as most of thee top tier WR are gone.  Here's to hoping.  But they are the perfect team to trade with.

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

If we're telegraphing an Olave pick, at 11... that's another Jamin Davis style reach we would be committing.  He's a tier 3 player at best for me.

I'm not as worried about position because I believe in BPA drafting, but if we want to talk about need, we have one good WR.  We don't have one good linebacker.  Jamin sucked and Holcomb is a below average starter.  It would be a shame to pass over the next Fred Warner for the next Calvin Ridley because of a sunk cost error with Jamin.

I'm alright with the speculation about Cross because I think he's really good, but a little disconcerted that we're not even looking at Jordan Davis or Tyler Linderbaum, who are both potential BPAs at 11.  Both of them are vastly better players than Penning.

Hopefully its a smokescreen.

• Thumb up 1