Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like hearing the whispers of Detroit wanting a QB. Really heats things up. I don't see Ridder slipping past the Steelers which saves us from ourselves. If they get twitchy and want to move up in front of Carolina, even better.

I can't see Detroit taking Willis at 2.  They have #32 (either to move up for a QB they love that is falling or take at 32).  If the Lions love a QB, I could see some team trading up for #2 at a discount (assuming that team doesn't love a QB) and take o-line (like the Dion Jordan trade up eons ago).  For example, Seattle is desperate for a LT (Brown is aging and a FA).  I could see that FO love Ekwonu and use one of their high 2nds+#9 for #2 (like the Miami trade up for Dion Jordan years ago to the Raiders). 

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like hearing the whispers of Detroit wanting a QB. Really heats things up. I don't see Ridder slipping past the Steelers which saves us from ourselves. If they get twitchy and want to move up in front of Carolina, even better.

Saving us from ourselves 🤣

Must admit Ron has stuck with his comments on QB so far:

Improve the position

Get someone who could start right away

Get someone capable of getting the ball down the field

No prospect looked worthy at 11

Wanted the QB of the future

The only question is in Wentz, did they get their QB of the future?

I like that they are checking out the QB's assuming this is for if they dropped into what they feel is a comfortable range. 

Ridder would be incredible to add to the roster. If we were to do that it would need to be late in the 1st or early 2nd and doubt he lasts that long

If you take Ridder late in the 1st it's telling Wentz his time is short. Also means we gave up too much bringing him in. 

I'm thinking they use a latter pick on a QB or bring in a young vet arm

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Saving us from ourselves 🤣

Must admit Ron has stuck with his comments on QB so far:

Improve the position

Get someone who could start right away

Get someone capable of getting the ball down the field

No prospect looked worthy at 11

Wanted the QB of the future

The only question is in Wentz, did they get their QB of the future?

I like that they are checking out the QB's assuming this is for if they dropped into what they feel is a comfortable range. 

Ridder would be incredible to add to the roster. If we were to do that it would need to be late in the 1st or early 2nd and doubt he lasts that long

If you take Ridder late in the 1st it's telling Wentz his time is short. Also means we gave up too much bringing him in. 

I'm thinking they use a latter pick on a QB or bring in a young vet arm

I'm sure the QB market will heat up and they'll all start moving up the board and hopefully far away from our second round pick.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I can't see Detroit taking Willis at 2.  They have #32 (either to move up for a QB they love that is falling or take at 32).  If the Lions love a QB, I could see some team trading up for #2 at a discount (assuming that team doesn't love a QB) and take o-line (like the Dion Jordan trade up eons ago).  For example, Seattle is desperate for a LT (Brown is aging and a FA).  I could see that FO love Ekwonu and use one of their high 2nds+#9 for #2 (like the Miami trade up for Dion Jordan years ago to the Raiders). 

I don't "think" they take a QB at 2, but I like that it's possible.

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm sure the QB market will heat up and they'll all start moving up the board and hopefully far away from our second round pick.

I am figuring 4 will go in the 1st round.

They will eye whoever reaches the 2nd. 

I so wish there was something in place to save us from ourselves over the years with personnel, management and coaching moves!

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't "think" they take a QB at 2, but I like that it's possible.

I think they’ll want Hutchinson.

However, I think both DET and ATL would be nuts to pass over Willis top 10. They have vet QBs with no medium term value at all. Get Willis and get him ready for 2023. 

15 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I am figuring 4 will go in the 1st round.

They will eye whoever reaches the 2nd. 

I so wish there was something in place to save us from ourselves over the years with personnel, management and coaching moves!

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think they’ll want Hutchinson.

However, I think both DET and ATL would be nuts to pass over Willis top 10. They have vet QBs with no medium term value at all. Get Willis and get him ready for 2023. 

I'm not saying that Detroit is definitely taking a QB at 2. I'm saying the possibility of them doing that helps us and forces teams up the board for a QB, when last month some were speculating that Willis might be first off at 20. Now it's looking like Ridder may not even be a lock at 20, which saves us from drafting a QB and pushes talent towards us.

There is no reason to take a QB in the second round. If they don't get the 5th year option of the first round, then they'll slide far. Mills last year was kind of an anomaly, because he was possibly legit, kind of like Howell or Strong or Zappe this year and I doubt any of those three go day two.

Hard to call how the draft goes with QBs.

One thing is for sure, the league is in a world of desperation over QBs. As we hit 50mil per year for the very best, maybe you should consider a strategy of taking a well regarded prospect every year. Or at least every 2 years even if you have a nailed on QB1.

Back up QBs are generally piss poor players or highly paid bang average players.

Carolina taking PIckett is a near certainty at this point. At least, in a draft as uncertain as this one appears to be, that one is the safest bet.

Pittsburgh will attempt to move up for Willis. How far they're willing to go and give up is up in the air, but they love him and they're one of the most transparent teams in the draft process(remember last year everyone knew they were taking Najee Harris).

Beyond that, I think there is a pretty good chance no other QB goes in the 1st. Detroit would be the best bet at 32 if someone like Corral or Ridder is available and they like him, but they have a ton of holes and still have Goff for at least one more year.

So I don't follow as close as many here, but I like our position for this reason. 

1. Run on QBs, then it increases the chance of one of the better players you guys drool over is available to select. 

2. No (few) qbs taken and we're in a solid place to trade back with a QB hungry team and get some picks back and still be in position for the 1b range of guys. 

I get why people favor one or the other, but when 11 comes I think we'll have good options one way or another. 

• Like 1

I was listening to Bram yesterday and he had Keim on and it was interesting to hear his current take on pick 11. He basically said WR is deep and MLB are deep, but there is a drop off of talent at CB.  So, it would make sense to attack that position first if a guy you really liked was there. Then you have Smooty Smoo saying the below

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

I’d be very surprised if Detroit went qb at 2.  I’d guess the “whispers” are more about trying to get teams to trade up.  With that said, Detroit could stand to take a major risk on a guy with a high ceiling (Willis).  Somewhat like us when we were pick #2 (though they don’t quite have a Chase Young prospect on the board and Willis has even more questions than Herbert). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I was listening to Bram yesterday and he had Keim on and it was interesting to hear his current take on pick 11. He basically said WR is deep and MLB are deep, but there is a drop off of talent at CB.  So, it would make sense to attack that position first if a guy you really liked was there. Then you have Smooty Smoo saying the below

At 11 if Hamilton, Sauce or Smoots love are there, to me they are the BPA.

They really could another day 2 pick and will field trade calls.

My guess is a trade back so they can take advantage of the WR and LB depth along with the other needs. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Dean but this isn’t the first time I’ve read something like this so who knows maybe he does fall to the 2nd 

Dean is definitely a spitfire on the field. I must admit I al a little worried about him due to the incredible talent on that defense. Did they cover him up a lot allowing him to run free. He may not enjoy the same freedoms moving forward so how will that alter his game. I like Quay but wonder similar. I see Dean as going in the 2nd, Quay in the 3rd. It will be interesting to look back inn a few years to see which Bulldog LB has the best NFL career of Dean, Quay and Tindall.

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I think some of you are going to be very  surprised at how NFL teams dont value this years QBs like you do, and how few go early.

I don't "value" a single one of these QBs. The NFL values the position and it gets relentlessly over drafted and over paid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If Hamilton is there we should take him. This year draft is almost impossible to predict to many teams could go to many different ways. 

I agree. Move him to the mike position and let him call the defense. Would love to add Matthieu but he would be too expensive probably!

• Thumb up 1

45 minutes ago, bonhommelemec said:

I agree. Move him to the mike position and let him call the defense. Would love to add Matthieu but he would be too expensive probably!

Matthieu still out there I don't know what are cap number is but I think a good offer we could get him.

• Like 1

If there is a run on QB's above #11, we are in good shape but this mock seems really goofy....

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-malik-willis-kenny-pickett-go-top-three?campaign=Twitter_atn

Willis at #2 (Detroit), Pickett at #3 (Atlanta trade with Houston), Corral at #6 (Carolina), has us taking Drake London and right after us Steelers jumping up to take Ridder.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

If there is a run on QB's above #11, we are in good shape but this mock seems really goofy....

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-malik-willis-kenny-pickett-go-top-three?campaign=Twitter_atn

Willis at #2 (Detroit), Pickett at #3 (Atlanta trade with Houston), Corral at #6 (Carolina), has us taking Drake London and right after us Steelers jumping up to take Ridder.

Drake London would be a mistake, IMO.  Give me one of the Ohio St. WR IF we are going WR in the 1st.  I want us to trade down.  We need to as we have many holes to fill and not enough picks to do it in.  :)   Always appreciate the post, Higskin!  You and @Skinsinparadise are appreciated by me.  Thank you so much. :)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1