Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Unfortunately, Washington needs to take a hard look at getting a QB in the first round.  The only way out of picking one in the first is to get a good/great one through free agency or a trade.  If they truly see all the the best QB prospects as mid to late first-round picks, then trade down and take one where they feel most comfortable. 

They cannot go into next year without someone better or potentially better than Heinicke on the roster.

Edited by cakmoney61
Added a short paragraph.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zskins said:

One thing that intrigues me about him is that he is 2-3 inches taller than all other QBs in the upcoming draft. 

Howell has decent size too at 6'1" 220lbs. At least compared to Corral.

Just now, KDawg said:

This is where things get scary, too. Now it's obvious we are desperate for a QB. This is ripe positioning to be raked over the coals. 

It's been obvious all season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

It's been obvious all season. 

It's been obvious we'd be in the market. For sure. But there was some reason to believe Heinicke could be a stop gap, even across the league.

After his last two games against Dallas that reason to believe in him being a stop gap is gone.

We will need two quarterbacks. Minimum.

At minimum Trubisky or someone like him and a first round rookie. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's been obvious we'd be in the market. For sure. But there was some reason to believe Heinicke could be a stop gap, even across the league.

After his last two games against Dallas that reason to believe in him being a stop gap is gone.

We will need two quarterbacks. Minimum.

At minimum Trubisky or someone like him and a first round rookie. 

Trubisky is definitely an upgrade to Heinicke. I still don't know why Allen isn't getting PT. He's as bad of a decision maker as Heinicke, but at least has an NFL arm. I'd trade 2023,24 1rsts and Sweat for Carr and their 2nd this year. Draft Dean or Lloyd and sign Maye. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Trubisky is definitely an upgrade to Heinicke. I still don't know why Allen isn't getting PT. He's as bad of a decision maker as Heinicke, but at least has an NFL arm. I'd trade 2023,24 1rsts and Sweat for Carr and their 2nd this year. Draft Dean or Lloyd and sign Maye. 

I'd absolutely deal Sweat. I'd be trying hard to package him and a first for a proven QB. But it also depends where we wind up in the draft. If we can get a Howell, Corral or hell, even though I have my doubts on development, a Willis... I'm in on them. Let's start fresh. Again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

After last night's performance I expect Danny to stick his hands in the cookie jar, throwing the farm (future) at Rodgers, Wilson or Watson.

He will be too impatient to draft a greenhorn rookie.

Honestly, it may be the right move if it is Watson. PR be damned

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Read a little bit more about Pickett and his hands. Didn't know he wore two gloves to make his hands bigger and with a fatter NFL football it might or might not be an issue but I guess that would be a concern. OR it maybe the outlier. Okay so Howell it is then....lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Certainly, whenever Watson is mentioned it is always under the assumption he is cleared

I don't think he's going to get cleared. And if he is cleared there likely wouldn't be much negative PR for trading for him I don't think. But maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I don't think he's going to get cleared. And if he is cleared there likely wouldn't be much negative PR for trading for him I don't think. But maybe I'm wrong.

I am sure even if cleared their will be negative PR on anyone trading for him. If he produces and stays clean, much of that will be forgotten. See Micah Parsons (so far)

Watson is better and has more upside than Carr, Trubisky, and in my opinion a then 34 year old Wilson or 39 year old Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I am sure even if cleared their will be negative PR on anyone trading for him. If he produces and stays clean, much of that will be forgotten. See Micah Parsons (so far)

Watson is better and has more upside than Carr, Trubisky, and in my opinion a then 34 year old Wilson or 39 year old Rodgers.

Exactly this. At worst, it is not looking like jail time is likely. Investigators are likely dropping charges to a misdemeanor 

Watson is paying women to drop the charges and some don't want to. That's not exactly "being cleared". It's paying out of it. 

There's zero chance the franchise under scrutiny for sexual assault and harassment is going to trade the future to make the face of the franchise a sexual predator. 

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Watson is paying women to drop the charges and some don't want to. That's not exactly "being cleared". It's paying out of it. 

There's zero chance the franchise under scrutiny for sexual assault and harassment is going to trade the future to make the face of the franchise a sexual predator. 

Yeah unless he’s actually cleared I just don’t see Watson even being a remote possibility. Well… unless Snyder gets involved.

• Like 1

I might be the biggest Matt Corral fan here.  Yet i constantly said I like him not love him.  He's not an elite talent.  If he were I'd think we'd have no shot at him.  I don't think there is a QB to love IMO in this draft.  No Kyler Murray type in this draft.  But we aren't typically in position to get the perceived slam dunk QB prospect anyway.  This is the shopping aisle we typically shop in.  I do like this shopping aisle better than the 2019 shopping aisle which is the last time we shopped for QBs. 

As I've mentioned, Ole Miss offense isn't a pro offense.  That's part of the adjustment for him.  It's heavy RPO.  High tempo.  Spread.  There would be an adjustment for him.  

Why do I like him?

Accuracy -- not just a sweet spot, he's accurate all across the field

Makes quick decisions/quick release

Mobile -- can run

Good arm -- not great but certainly good

Makes off platform throws

Good decision maker (it wasn't the case last year but he improved big time this season)

Tough dude, moxie, gamer -- all the things people love about Heinicke, this dude has those qualities

Manipulates safeties well with his eyes/body language.

IMO he's the full package.  Not because he has great arm talent or is really great at anything.  But because he's good at so many things. He has IMO no really major flaws.  My only concerns are adapting to a pro style offense and staying healthy.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

ditto according to Keim he's heard this isn't a team Watson wants to go to.

Aside from us worrying about the scrutiny, i think it would cut both ways.  If Watson came here he would likely be hounded even more on the issue.  It would be a bad marriage for both sides.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1