Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pickett is among the players who elected not to play in the bowl games.  So you won't see him.

But Howell is playing this morning, 11 am.

Well that makes my decision on which game to watch easier. :)

And Howell looking pretty bad so far. Not all his fault though. 

Edited by clskinsfan

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

His Oline is surprisingly trash.

Watching Howell kind of reminds me stylistically of Rothlesburger. Just kind of effortless, calm, stands tall in there and then decisive. Mechanically I definitely see the Baker comparisons, but his poise reminds me of Ben.

Isn't Howell like 4 inches and 40 lbs smaller than Roethlisberger?

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

His Oline is surprisingly trash.

Watching Howell kind of reminds me stylistically of Rothlesburger. Just kind of effortless, calm, stands tall in there and then decisive. Mechanically I definitely see the Baker comparisons, but his poise reminds me of Ben.

That Baker comparison has been kicking around and does make some sense for the mechanical sense. Really like the Ben comparisons stylistically! 

• Like 1

Howell just cant get any help. False starts and just poor play all around. It makes it very difficult to actually evaluate the guy. But he doesnt really seem capable of lifting that team. He just doesnt pop as the best player on the field type. I wouldnt want to be the scout assigned to evaluate the guy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

That Baker comparison has been kicking around and does make some sense for the mechanical sense. Really like the Ben comparisons stylistically! 

Thanks. Just has that calmness about him.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Howell just cant get any help. False starts and just poor play all around. It makes it very difficult to actually evaluate the guy. But he doesnt really seem capable of lifting that team. He just doesnt pop as the best player on the field type. I wouldnt want to be the scout assigned to evaluate the guy. 

So hard to tell anything. He seems to be connecting with his receivers pretty well. Sees the field great, but man he looks so frustrated today and understandably. Second half is going to be really big for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks. Just has that calmness about him.

So hard to tell anything. He seems to be connecting with his receivers pretty well. Sees the field great, but man he looks so frustrated today and understandably. Second half is going to be really big for him.

Yeah, amazingly calm considering the siv of a line. He is a good leader...

• Like 1

Howell to me so far looks all right.  He's not killing it but not bad either.  I see the same things I like and the same things I don't from him.

What I like:  tough dude, handles adversity, throws a very catchable ball with nice touch, good accuracy when he has time, makes some really pretty-tough throws

What I don't like:  Pocket presence, peripheral vision both in the pocket and as a runner in open field

The reason why I like to bring up Corral when talking about Howell is in some ways they remind me of each other stylistically.  The main reason why I prefer Corral is IMO he has the pocket presence and peripheral vision in the pocket and in open field that Howell is lacking.  That's why I put Corral ahead of Howell. 

My take watching Howell is if you give him a good O line and a deep threat or two, he can pick you apart.    If you put trash at his feet he's nowhere near the same even though he will tough it out.  You can make that case about a lot of QBs but IMO it especially applies to him.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Let’s just make sure we pick a QB that also has a strong work ethic and loves the game. We want someone that aspires to be great.

Yeah agree. I’ve been reading everything I can about these guys for that reason.

Nagy is typically really revealing on that count after he has these guys in house for the Senior Bowl.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think Howell played decently considering the circumstances. His OL is pretty much trash (he's been sacked 44 times this season) and NC's defense was getting completely manhandled pretty much all day long.

So he already has experience in our system. That’s a plus.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3