Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I also don’t think he’s going to be available. I think he’s going to wind up being the first QB off the board and early

I think that's possible.  He's not my top guy but might be #2, i am still trying to decide.   it's not that I love Corral, i like him a lot though, he's the dude that checks almost every box for me.    But if lets say Corral is gone and Willis is staring at us at pick #10, then i could see it.  i'd be jazzed.  I am trying to fall for Pickett.  I don't dislike him. I don't see him as a bust.  But there is something about him that feels pedestrian to me.   But if he burns it up in the Senior Bowl, that will move me.

I keep pimping for Jim Nagy after listening to his interviews over the years talking up Herbert and Mac Jones and he did so with cool stories and specifics -- I am bought into whatever his observations end up being this coming year.

But I think the fanbase does more than you do. The fan base and media. Maybe I’ll call them third parties. 

I don't disagree that they are negative.  I think my point of contention is negativity kind of comes with the turf with QBs.  Arians likes to say his top intangible quality for Qbs are those who are mentally tough.   I work in a public position, i've dealt with this crap personally from time to time but its more so my clients who do.  It sucks.  Most are mentally tough and can brush it off, others not so much.   So maybe to an extent I agree with an aspect of your point, which is if the dude is really sensitive and can't deal with the heat, it will be a factor.  So you got to guage that in your interviews.   What type of person is this guy.

if you have support everything is easier. That isn’t to say a guy can’t get through that and make it happen anyways. It’s just easier when there is support. 

I agree.  As for the coaching, obviously I think they'd support whomever they take.  Their reputations are IMO completely on the line with the QB they take.  Unless, we got another rodeo of Dan foisting a QB on the coaches they didn't want.

As for fans.  The last exciting QB we had was RG3.  Fans adored him.  We aren't used to high end talent at the QB spot.  We are more used to overacheivers where we hope they break the mold or veterans who were once good but never great at the tail end of their career and seem to be losing their powers.  Having a QB with great talent I think would be a novel ride to an extent.  I think enough fans would grasp the need for some patience with a dude like that.  Plus i think you'll see the flashes of greatness which would at least tease some hope for at least a year. 

Hard for me to imagine fans would check out quickly on a more raw talent like Willis.  I think they'd more likely check out on a dude like Pickett if he didn't play well right away.

But if your point is some fans won't embrace it.  I agree.  But I think that comes with all of these guys.  I think it is what is is.  i don't think there is a negative fan proof player in this draft.  I think all of them will take their lumps for different reasons. 

I dont think people not from the area can even remotely understand how much this area LOVES Josh Allen. They treat him as if he’s the second coming. If there are naysayers I haven’t seen them. 

I bet.  He's the first bonafide franchise Qb like Jim Kelly.  Like us they have been in the desert forever.  But if they embraced him from the jump, i'd presume it was the flashes that were part of it?  He didn't play great from the jump.

In Florida where I am at, I've seen the ebbs and flows with their different QB journeys which have been almost as bad as ours.  Tua is an interesting ride.  It started with elation.  They won with him early.  Then dispair -- checkdown Charlie -- his didn't look hot.  Now he's looking good again and he's embraced with some concerns.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I think Willis sees the field fairly well and he runs a Hugh Freeze offense.  It's the same kind of progression reading that any high tempo spread does in the big time conferences.  He is not uniquely disadvantaged in experience with progression reading.

I think the biggest flaws in his game are footwork related.  The pocket drift and the extra noise and imprecision on his drops and the crossed up feet, etc.  These are mechanical issues and coachable by nature.  And I guarantee you will find similar drifting and imprecision in the pocket mechanics of Corral and Howell too, because I've seen it.

Liberty is not the kind of program that will churn out professional football prospects, but he can make big strides when football becomes his job.  And Willis is not a Liberty caliber recruit.  He's a transfer with blue blood program athleticism and pedigree, so you're getting the talent to go with a lot of low hanging upside.

The key considerations of our team building options playing out in the first round:

1 - at our natural first, we will probably have access to the very best offensive players in the class sans the OTs.  WR 1-3 will probably be on the board.  QB 1 or 2 will probably be on the board.  But there is also a strong chance that we can get a blue moon linebacker prospect at that spot in either Lloyd or Dean.  We will almost certainly be able to get a blue moon IDL in Jordan Davis, or a high level Edge like Karlaftis, or a high end corner like Gardner or Elam.

2 - Taylor is a good QB.  He can man the fort at the position and the team responds to him.  He is competent, tough, clever, and accurate.  It's not going to be as easy to upgrade him as we think.

So for our team building strategy to give us the most net improvement this offseason, we need to swing for the fences at QB, or else go BPA and take the future All Pro linebacker or special WR prospect.  If we're going QB, make sure you get a guy who clearly has the upside to be a more dynamic and impactful individual playmaker at the position than Taylor.  To me that is Willis, and it's kind of Willis or pass for me.  If Willis is there at our natural first, then I'm taking him.  If not, then I lean toward BPA.  I'm not convinced the other guys offer substantive upgrades over Taylor.  Definitely not in the near term. 

I think our offense improves more by putting a second stud opposite Terry and keeping Taylor, than it does by marginally upgrading Taylor with a second tier QB prospect.  And I think London, Wilson, and Burks are bonafide studs.  Williams, Olave, and Metchie also have game breaking speed.  I'd go with London at our natural pick or try and work a trade down for one of the other five first round worthy WRs and I think that significantly improves an offense that is just on the cusp of competence with Taylor running the show and having basically one legit good weapon and a handful of flawed but decent players at the other spots.

So Willis is the exception for me, because he's the one prospect in this class that is a reasonable bet to be a perennial pro bowler and dynamic playmaker at QB.  And not for nothing, he offers year one benefit to the run game.  After watching what Jalen Hurts has done for Philly's run game, Willis could absolutely provide that here.  A backfield of Willis and Gibson would have dynamic speed and tackle breaking capability.  They would produce a ton of chunk plays and we could ride that to the playoffs.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KDawg said: 

I dont think people not from the area can even remotely understand how much this area LOVES Josh Allen. They treat him as if he’s the second coming. If there are naysayers I haven’t seen them. 

But I’m not opposed to any high end talent QB. I just won’t have expectations for any of them. That leads to disappointment.

Was that the case with Allen and Buffalo his first year?  They had just passed on Mahomes and he struggled out of the gate.  But their patience has certainly paid off.  He came into a great situation and he has rewarded them.  I have a ton of respect for Buffalo’s FO and coaching staff.

I’m all for taking Willis at 10 if he’s there.  Though I could see Seattle taking him before us.

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But there is something about him that feels pedestrian to me. 

His arm talent.  His film is good and he clearly mastered the college game this season (in year five, fourth as a starter).  But his arm talent is pedestrian.  If the primary driver for us in looking for a new QB is finding a prospect with much more natural talent than Heinicke, that's not Pickett.

But if we know we're not going to marry Taylor and we're looking for a new prospect no matter what, then Pickett makes more sense as just a generally competent QB with decent wheels and strong film to fill the job.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Was that the case with Allen and Buffalo his first year?  They had just passed on Mahomes and he struggled out of the gate.  But their patience has certainly paid off.  He came into a great situation and he has rewarded them.  I have a ton of respect for Buffalo’s FO and coaching staff.

I’m all for taking Willis at 10 if he’s there.  Though I could see Seattle taking him before us.

Yes. They loved him from day one.

I think Willis could give us an identity and stabilize our QB position and create the kind of Coaching/QB marriage we are all desperately hoping for.  Even in year one with a remedial passing offense.  This team is decent.  We are right on the cusp of being a playoff team, especially in the expanded format.  Let's say we have a lucky draft and get Willis with our natural first and then Kenneth Walker with our natural second.  And let's say we don't have the same kind of catastrophic schedule and injury luck next season.  That team makes the playoffs IMO.  That run game would be so dynamic and the defense would be strong enough.  And if you make the playoffs in year one or two as a QB, that can go far in securing everybody's jobs.  You can kind of snowball your success from there and steadily expand your passing offense as Willis gains experience.

To me, that is a coherent plan.

• Like 2

All that said, I do still like Corral.  I don't really love him and he doesn't move the needle for me like Willis.  But I recognize that he'd be a solid fit here.  He's the Jamin Davis of QB options for us this season, and drafting him would be so on brand for Rivera and this FO.

I just want to break through that ceiling of mediocrity that we're installing by getting guys who have flaws that make them only situationally dangerous.  Logan Thomas, brilliant in the red zone but super dodgy on throws off his frame or in traffic in the middle of the field and not a good blocker. Antonio Gibson, incredibly dynamic in space but crappy instincts and natural feel for the position and limited durability ensuring he will never be a workhorse.  JD McKissic, smartest player on the team with outstanding feel for the game but limited size and speed.

I want us to use our first rounder this year to get a no-doubter playmaker with no real limitations.  Somebody who is an obvious star even at the college level, who we're not going to have to talk ourselves into based on things like their RAS score or possible upside.  Willis, Dean, Lloyd, or the best receiver out there.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

All that said, I do still like Corral.  I don't really love him and he doesn't move the needle for me like Willis.  But I recognize that he'd be a solid fit here.  He's the Jamin Davis of QB options for us this season, and drafting him would be so on brand for Rivera and this FO.

I think Willis is more like Jamin Davis. Super athletic with a huge upside, but super raw as well with a low floor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think Willis sees the field fairly well and he runs a Hugh Freeze offense.  It's the same kind of progression reading that any high tempo spread does in the big time conferences.  He is not uniquely disadvantaged in experience with progression reading.

I think the biggest flaws in his game are footwork related.  The pocket drift and the extra noise and imprecision on his drops and the crossed up feet, etc.  These are mechanical issues and coachable by nature.  And I guarantee you will find similar drifting and imprecision in the pocket mechanics of Corral and Howell too, because I've seen it.

Liberty is not the kind of program that will churn out professional football prospects, but he can make big strides when football becomes his job.  And Willis is not a Liberty caliber recruit.  He's a transfer with blue blood program athleticism and pedigree, so you're getting the talent to go with a lot of low hanging upside.

The key considerations of our team building options playing out in the first round:

1 - at our natural first, we will probably have access to the very best offensive players in the class sans the OTs.  WR 1-3 will probably be on the board.  QB 1 or 2 will probably be on the board.  But there is also a strong chance that we can get a blue moon linebacker prospect at that spot in either Lloyd or Dean.  We will almost certainly be able to get a blue moon IDL in Jordan Davis, or a high level Edge like Karlaftis, or a high end corner like Gardner or Elam.

2 - Taylor is a good QB.  He can man the fort at the position and the team responds to him.  He is competent, tough, clever, and accurate.  It's not going to be as easy to upgrade him as we think.

So for our team building strategy to give us the most net improvement this offseason, we need to swing for the fences at QB, or else go BPA and take the future All Pro linebacker or special WR prospect.  If we're going QB, make sure you get a guy who clearly has the upside to be a more dynamic and impactful individual playmaker at the position than Taylor.  To me that is Willis, and it's kind of Willis or pass for me.  If Willis is there at our natural first, then I'm taking him.  If not, then I lean toward BPA.  I'm not convinced the other guys offer substantive upgrades over Taylor.  Definitely not in the near term. 

I think our offense improves more by putting a second stud opposite Terry and keeping Taylor, than it does by marginally upgrading Taylor with a second tier QB prospect.  And I think London, Wilson, and Burks are bonafide studs.  Williams, Olave, and Metchie also have game breaking speed.  I'd go with London at our natural pick or try and work a trade down for one of the other five first round worthy WRs and I think that significantly improves an offense that is just on the cusp of competence with Taylor running the show and having basically one legit good weapon and a handful of flawed but decent players at the other spots.

So Willis is the exception for me, because he's the one prospect in this class that is a reasonable bet to be a perennial pro bowler and dynamic playmaker at QB.  And not for nothing, he offers year one benefit to the run game.  After watching what Jalen Hurts has done for Philly's run game, Willis could absolutely provide that here.  A backfield of Willis and Gibson would have dynamic speed and tackle breaking capability.  They would produce a ton of chunk plays and we could ride that to the playoffs.

You are pointing to the part that gets me sad. Because we haven’t figured out the QB position  yet, we can’t use the first on a guy like Olave who I think is a lock to be a starting caliber NFL WR if he stays healthy. It’s something I envy about the Cowboys and Will McClay…they can go BPA because of their depth

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think Willis is more like Jamin Davis. Super athletic with a huge upside, but super raw as well with a low floor. 

I’m not a Willis guy but at least Willis has multiple years of starting experience vs the one Davis had. 

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Hypothetical:  Corral and Willis are off the board by 10.  Pickett, Cross, Hamilton, and all receivers are available.  Who do you take?

Let’s say these are the nine off the board: 

Willis

Corral

Thibodeaux

Hutchinson

Ojabo

Neal

Stingley

Karlaftis

Leal/Davis

Trade back is a very significant option. 

From there if you can find a way to get a back, receiver and maybe Howell in the first, second and third you’re in great shape.

5 minutes ago, method man said:

I’m not a Willis guy but at least Willis has multiple years of starting experience vs the one Davis had. 

Yeah I wasn't talking so much about years of experience, but more about the player's traits. Davis was picked because he's extremely athletic and flashed during college. But he's raw and so he's a guy you pick with the hopes that his comfort with the NFL game will catch up with his physical abilities at some point but you know there will probably be a steep learning curve.

I don't really see how Corral is like that vs Willis. IMO that's basically the exact mold that Willis is in.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't really see how Corral is like that vs Willis. IMO that's basically the exact mold that Willis is in.

Jamin is a great test athlete but that athleticism doesn't translate to the field nearly as well as Willis's does.  His athleticism isn't really what defined him as a prospect or player.  He was the safe, unassuming military kid with a nice personality and middling film and production and uninspiring upside which Ron seems to gravitate to.  And that is exactly what I think of Corral.

Willis is an obvious star player at the college level.  He's got two years of spectacular film and Jamin was nowhere near as individually brilliant or impactful.  Willis is much more like the Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah of the class, another obvious star and who we should have picked.

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Jamin is a great test athlete but that athleticism doesn't translate to the field nearly as well as Willis's does.  His athleticism isn't really what defined him as a prospect or player.  He was the safe, unassuming military kid with a nice personality and middling film and production and uninspiring upside which Ron seems to gravitate to.  And that is exactly what I think of Corral.

Willis is an obvious star player at the college level.  He's got two years of spectacular film and Jamin was nowhere near as individually brilliant or impactful.  Willis is much more like the Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah of the class, another obvious star and who we should have picked.

I don't think this debate is really going to go anywhere as I know you're absolutely 100% in the tank for Willis regardless of what happens or what anyone says, but the Davis pick was an upside pick mostly due to tremendous physical traits. That's exactly what Willis is.

I know you love him, but saying he has 2 years of "spectacular film" is a bit of a reach. He has 2 seasons of showing that he has a cannon for an arm and that he's a great runner. But he also has 2 seasons of film showing he's a one-read-and-run guy with inconsistent footwork and decision making who mostly beat up on subpar teams and struggled when up against better ones.

Edited by mistertim

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think Willis could give us an identity and stabilize our QB position and create the kind of Coaching/QB marriage we are all desperately hoping for.  Even in year one with a remedial passing offense.  This team is decent.  We are right on the cusp of being a playoff team, especially in the expanded format.  Let's say we have a lucky draft and get Willis with our natural first and then Kenneth Walker with our natural second.  And let's say we don't have the same kind of catastrophic schedule and injury luck next season.  That team makes the playoffs IMO.  That run game would be so dynamic and the defense would be strong enough.  And if you make the playoffs in year one or two as a QB, that can go far in securing everybody's jobs.  You can kind of snowball your success from there and steadily expand your passing offense as Willis gains experience.

To me, that is a coherent plan.

I do love that type of combination.  Like you and @KDawg and @Koolblue13 and probably some others i am forgetting, I loved N. Harris and loved the idea of taking a RB early --Harris, Etienne, J. Williams.    Some really hated this idea.   Lots of pushback on the draft thread last year on this. 

But the thing is, these days you need RB A, RB B, for various reasons.   Some talk last night about Gibson hurting his toe as a momentum changer.   It shouldn't be.  I like Gibson as a complementary back.  But even if I saw him as a #1 I'd still want another.  Look around the league.  McCaffrey doesn't make it through a season.  Neither does Barkley.  Elliot gets banged up.  It's not just Gibson.  Some used to say Derrick Henry was the exception, that dude never gets hurt, but heck he's out too.

It's a physical position.  Guys get hurt.  Guys get worn down.  You want a change of pace -- dudes who thrive on inside zone guy or outside zone or power, etc.  You don't want the run game to fall off of a cliff when your top guy gets hurt.  You want to win in the playoffs when its cold.    On and on. 

It's nuts IMO for a team who want to be a ground and pound team to just rely as heavily as it does Antonio.  We need another dude and bad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

His arm talent.  His film is good and he clearly mastered the college game this season (in year five, fourth as a starter).  But his arm talent is pedestrian.  If the primary driver for us in looking for a new QB is finding a prospect with much more natural talent than Heinicke, that's not Pickett.

But if we know we're not going to marry Taylor and we're looking for a new prospect no matter what, then Pickett makes more sense as just a generally competent QB with decent wheels and strong film to fill the job.

Arm talent is part of it.  But I don't get the Joe Burrow vibes that some of Pickett's biggest fans connect him to.  I got to sit down and patiently watch him some more.  It's mostly just a feeling from me so far.  And I am open to changing it. 

While I think the decision will probably be made for us, I’m not very interested in trading for a qb.  We just have so many guys we’re going to need to replace/re-sign or upgrade from over the next year or two and spending that cap space and draft picks in a trade seems like it’ll have major trickle down consequences.  Off the top of my head, we’ve got McLaurin, Payne, Leno, Flowers, Fuller, Sweitzer, McKissick, Holcomb and Lucas, and that’s not including smaller FAs (Carter, RSJ, etc) or adding a back, a better linebacker (or 2), a FS, corner depth 

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t hate the idea, as it would be great to have higher quality qb play, but it’s just not ideal for me.  I’d rather try to develop our own franchise guy, even if it’s a gamble/long shot.  Maybe they don’t work out, but my hope is the team establishes a genuine pipeline of talent and keeps rolling the dice on a qb until we land one.  

I could be reading this way wrong (I don’t watch CFB, so just going off what I read on here), but I think I lean toward Corral/Willis in the 1st, or Zappe later over guys like Howell/Strong/Ridder (allowing us to maybe land a top LB/FS/WR).  Wouldn’t mind a trade back for one of those 3 though.  TH can be a bridge, and cap dollars can go to keeping our oline mostly intact and extending/re-signing others.

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

While I think the decision will probably be made for us, I’m not very interested in trading for a qb.  We just have so many guys we’re going to need to replace/re-sign or upgrade from over the next year or two and spending that cap space and draft picks in a trade seems like it’ll have major trickle down consequences.  Off the top of my head, we’ve got McLaurin, Payne, Leno, Flowers, Fuller, Sweitzer, McKissick, Holcomb and Lucas, and that’s not including smaller FAs (Carter, RSJ, etc) or adding a back, a better linebacker (or 2), a FS, corner depth 

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t hate the idea, as it would be great to have higher quality qb play, but it’s just not ideal for me.  I’d rather try to develop our own franchise guy, even if it’s a gamble/long shot.  Maybe they don’t work out, but my hope is the team establishes a genuine pipeline of talent and keeps rolling the dice on a qb until we land one.  

I could be reading this way wrong (I don’t watch CFB, so just going off what I read on here), but I think I lean toward Corral/Willis in the 1st, or Zappe later over guys like Howell/Strong/Ridder (allowing us to maybe land a top LB/FS/WR).  Wouldn’t mind a trade back for one of those 3 though.  TH can be a bridge, and cap dollars can go to keeping our oline mostly intact and extending/re-signing others.

The problem with “Zappe later” is when Zappe gets taken earlier than later and you’re left at the altar naked and confused.

I am going to pimp some for Matt Corral.  If you looking for mental toughness, you can't beat him.  

Strong arm -- check. (not a rocket but plenty strong enough)

Mobility -- check

Off platform throws -- check

Deep ball accuracy -- check

Intermediate accuracy -- check

Accuracy in the flat -- check

Body language to manipulate defenders -- check

Pocket presence -- check

Quick release - check

Good decision maker -- check

To me the main reasons why he doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 is he IMO is a jack of all trades but master of none.  My feeling about him reminds me of Mac Jones albeit they are different types of players.  I wasn't in love with Mac.  But I liked him and he hit me as high floor.  And Mac to my eyes did so many things well but there wasn't really a superpower in his arsenal with the exception of he was the best in that group of QBs IMO as to selling play action and using his eyes and body language to misdirect safeities.  Matt Corral IMO is the best in this QB crop as to that same attribute.

His offense isn't a pro offense.  Heavy RPOs.  Heavy high tempo.  A lot of spread.  So he'd have an adjustment period.  His size is my top concern.  He's scrawny and plays a bit reckless so he's vulnerable to injuries.

As far as intangibles, this dude is a team first warrior.  Ole Miss was beat up this year.  He was playing with 2 bum ankles for a spell.  Yet the dude soliders on.  Unlike a lot of college QBs in recent years, he's playing in the bowl game because he wants to fight for his teamates.

As I've been saying on the Heinicke threads for months.  To me that dude is a stronger arm and more accurate Heinicke.

https://mississippiscoreboard.com/ole-miss-matt-corral-relishes-the-chance-to-play-one-more-game-with-his-teammates-by-billy-watkins/

Corral has had to play behind 10 different starting linemen and has keyed in on six different receivers to produce 100-yard games. And, oh yeah, he started three games without being able to move his feet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

The problem with “Zappe later” is when Zappe gets taken earlier than later and you’re left at the altar naked and confused.

Fair point. :)  I didn’t put much nuance into the thought, but I guess (were I in the FO) I’d consider where I’d take him, where other teams might take him, if there are other guys that I’d be happy with, etc.  I certainly wouldn’t put myself in a position where it’s Zappe or nothing and I’m just waiting and hoping he falls to a certain pick.  

My point was more - I’d be cool with going another direction with our first rounder.  That might mean we then trade back into the late 1st for Howell or whoever (including Zappe, albeit that seems quite rich if you go by mock drafters), stay pat in the 2nd and hope a guy falls (or Zappe is there - again, maybe too rich), move up from our 3rd for Zappe or whoever, etc.

On the flip side, being “left at the alter naked and confused” would be par for the course for us, so no harm no foul, eh?

10 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Hypothetical:  Corral and Willis are off the board by 10.  Pickett, Cross, Hamilton, and all receivers are available.  Who do you take?

Let’s say these are the nine off the board: 

Willis

Corral

Thibodeaux

Hutchinson

Ojabo

Neal

Stingley

Karlaftis

Leal/Davis

Would really like to see Hamilton on this team.

However, I think Willis, Corral, Pickett and Hamilton will be gone before Washington picks.

Next player I really like is Damone Clark, LB.

:229:The Rook

Chad Muma and Damone Clark. 2 of the best players in all of the draft. I would take both top 30 no questions asked. We were stupid not to take Logan Wilson 2 years ago and Chad Muma is better than that. 

Our d line took the blame last night but really Holcomb and Davis could not get to there gaps quick enough. Would never happen with these 2 guys. 

Edited by OtisDriftwood25
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, mistertim said:

I don't think this debate is really going to go anywhere as I know you're absolutely 100% in the tank for Willis regardless of what happens or what anyone says, but the Davis pick was an upside pick mostly due to tremendous physical traits. That's exactly what Willis is.

I know you love him, but saying he has 2 years of "spectacular film" is a bit of a reach. He has 2 seasons of showing that he has a cannon for an arm and that he's a great runner. But he also has 2 seasons of film showing he's a one-read-and-run guy with inconsistent footwork and decision making who mostly beat up on subpar teams and struggled when up against better ones.

It's not a stretch at all.  Willis's film from the past two seasons is a highlight reel of spectacular and unique individual playmaking.  It seems like the only game of his you watched was the Ole Miss game.  Liberty beat Syracuse, VT, Coastal Carolina, and lost by one to NC State.  These were games where they were outclassed at every spot except QB.  They were in those games because Willis made a lot of magic.  And in the rest of his schedule, it's not like Liberty is a recruiting powerhouse like Alabama or Georgia or Ohio State tap dancing on totally inferior teams.  Liberty has maybe one or two other guys who will see an NFL roster, probably as reserves and special teamers.  Their only big advantage was that they had a great QB.

Jamin ran and jumped his way into being a first round reach, but that test athleticism didn't show up on his film with any kind of consistency.  He didn't play that fast and there were barely any big plays in his film at all aside from one big INT and return against TN.  You're talking about him as if the only thing you know about him as a prospect was his RAS score, but we know that a big reason Ron gravitated toward him was his military kid background and his unassuming personality.  Spectacular plays are constant with Willis.  He makes them throughout each of his games.  If you can't understand the difference that is so evident in their film--that Willis is an obvious star player that constantly wows opponents, broadcasters, teammates, etc. and Jamin is just a cog in the machine, then I think you need to go back and watch both of them again.