Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Red River rivalry delivering the goods today. Highlights all over the place.

Rattler just seems a bit out of sorts. Agree with @KDawg, this feels to be more than just performance based. Who knows. 

Full blown meltdown by Texas. Sark gonna get some heat for this implosion. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy

Ya the Texas/OU game was exciting but on several occasions I found myself saying, “why is there no defense being played on either side of the field?”

Both teams will struggle mightily against teams with a shred of defensive capability.

Reporter to Riley: “your defense was fantastic”

Me: “****ing what?”

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

On another note: Rattler is going to transfer after this season and won’t be in the draft. Riley benching him time and time again tells me things just aren’t clicking between the two of them. And Rattler has a NFL future to protect and Riley has a program to think about.

The kid that’s in right now is NOT better than Rattler right now so there’s something going on there that we don’t know about. Though I do like Caleb Williams. 

I wouldn’t mind Rattler in a Canes jersey.

Caleb is miles better than Rattler what are you even talking about lol

I would advise the Jerry Jones method for finding franchise QBs.  It is hard to pull off due to the assets involved in the first few months, but it pays off for Decades.  The hard part is drafting 2 QBs with two straight number one overall picks in a period of less than 3 months.  So you can't even wait to see the first number one overall pick in training camp.  You have to give up the number one pick you will get the following season less than 3 months later in the supplemental draft.  At that point, you can go more than 30 years and never have to use a 1st rounder on QB.  For some reason, the football gods keep giving you franchise QBs without using much draft capital.  I think it is a glitch in fabric of reality... but it isn't cheating if it works.

The Maryland fan in me shakes my head at seeing Caleb Williams kick butt for Oklahoma.  Kid is from the DC area (played at Gonzaga in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference).   UMD recruited him hard but he liked OU from pretty early in the process.  Not as painful as Dwayne Haskins who was committed to Maryland and then decommitted to commit to Ohio St. but still painful.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, philibusters said:

The Maryland fan in me shakes my head at seeing Caleb Williams kick butt for Oklahoma.  Kid is from the DC area (played at Gonzaga in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference).   UMD recruited him hard but he liked OU from pretty early in the process.  Not as painful as Dwayne Haskins who was committed to Maryland and then decommitted to commit to Ohio St. but still painful.   

Yeah, NOTHING compares to Dwayne Haskins saga.

54 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Spiller is really impressive tonight thus far against Alabama. The dude has such quick feet for a dude his size. 

A & M is playing with fire. Upset brewing maybe. 

A&M’s team speed is for real.  That kickoff return…not a lot of dudes in college football with a gear to pull away like that

• Like 1

I think PFF is an okay indicator.  It certainly gives me a better feel for how guys played than the simple eye ball test.  That said, I thought they graded Tyler Linderbaum to high against Maryland.   A Maryland poster posted about 5 plays of Linderbaum getting beat (usually by Ami Finau) including one where he gets away with a hold.  Yet PFF gave Linderbaum a really good grade against Maryland by far the highest of the Iowa O-Linemen.

Don't know if the same is true of the Penn St game.

19 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Bijan Robinson is special. Just a sophomore but kid is electric in the backfield. Couple of silly runs against the Sooners today. Incredible talent.

I swear it feels like we have the same list of needs every freaking year. 😆

Nah, for a hundred years, our biggest need was Nose Tackle. We might have been the only NFL team ever who decided to switch to a 3-4 that kept ignoring the nose tackle position. The weird thing is when this team does identify a need that everyone recognizes they seem to go out of their way to not address it.

Everyone knew linebacker was a huge need. Rivera basically called out the linebackers every game last year. So what do we do? Draft one and keep the rest as is.

44 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Nah, for a hundred years, our biggest need was Nose Tackle. We might have been the only NFL team ever who decided to switch to a 3-4 that kept ignoring the nose tackle position. The weird thing is when this team does identify a need that everyone recognizes they seem to go out of their way to not address it.

Everyone knew linebacker was a huge need. Rivera basically called out the linebackers every game last year. So what do we do? Draft one and keep the rest as is.

I’d say it’s one of the reasons this franchise never turns the corner.

What do you guys think of Brennan Armstrong QB from Uva? He seems like he fits Scott Turners offense. If we have to go Qb in the first round he could be there in the middle of the first if his stock keeps rising. Who knows he might stay for his senior year.

I like him, but not as a first rounder.  Right now I don't think he is a first rounder so I think we could grab him later.   His timing and accuracy was like spot on against Illinois.  Since then he hasn't looked quite as good, but he is consistently good.

Oh wow UVA won that game yesterday 34-33.  I was watching during the commercials of the Iowa Penn St game.   Lousiville was up 30-13.  I saw UVA's TD to get with 10 (30-20), but I didn't see the ending and didn't know UVA won.   That is thriller's in two games in a row for UVA.

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 1