Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

That was a wholesale ****-kicking by Georgia.  I'd keep Arkansas out of the top ten for the next two or three years on principle for that performance.  Jordan Davis is something else.  Like a Mastadon out there, his individual dominance was reminiscent of Quinnen Williams during his final season at Bama.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That was a wholesale ****-kicking by Georgia.  I'd keep Arkansas out of the top ten for the next two or three years on principle for that performance.  Jordan Davis is something else.  Like a Mastadon out there, his individual dominance was reminiscent of Quinnen Williams during his final season at Bama.

Arkansas always felt vastly overrated for their ranking.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This Ole Miss tempo is hard even on their own guys.

Holy **** what a catch by #13.

Super impressive opening drive.  They are punking this Bama defensive front.

Catch of the year so far

Ole Miss is in a dangerous spot.  They need another good drive and they need to get points.

Meanwhile in South Bend, everything is going wrong for the home team.  Ridder throws a garbage ball, way behind the receiver, and it goes for a TD because it fooled Kyle Hamilton, who jumped the spot where the throw was supposed to be :806:.

Jack Coan sucks.  They've got to be able to do better than him to be a playoff threat.

Braylon Sanders is an excellent pass catcher. Dude seems like he has Velcro for hands. But the Bama D is swarming. Jordan Battle is excellent.

Drew Sanders is all over the place, too.

Having said that I just looked at the Bama roster and #1 is a guy named Kool-Aid

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, method man said:

Howell is the guy to watch. He has understandably not looked great this year - I believe he lost both his starting receivers and his top two backs. His numbers have been good since the VT opener and he is going a bit under the radar

I think he's among them.  But why would he be the guy to watch among the QBs?   I watched him plenty last year, not as much this season.  I haven't landed on a strong opinion on him aside from liking what I've seen but not loving it.  Corral is having a tough day against Alabama's defense, but still showing some flashes, among other things throwing a perfect deep ball that was dropped by his receiver for a TD.  I got to see more though to land on a strong opinion about him, too.  I would lean so far Corral > Howell.  But in some ways they actually remind me of each other.  I got to see more of the movie for both. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Alabama is just sick.   Loaded at every spot.  I haven't really watched him much but whenever my eyes went to Evan Neal, he just looks freakish, Trent Williams type of freak.  If he has a sick combine he's probably slam dunk going top 5.   I am dying to know what he runs for the 10-40.  He might not be Trent level fast but he seems to have Trent level brutal force strength.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Braylon Sanders is an excellent pass catcher. Dude seems like he has Velcro for hands. But the Bama D is swarming. Jordan Battle is excellent.

He made a sick catch earlier in the game but man what a bad drop in the end zone from a nicely thrown deep ball from Corral.   Right in his hands. 

• Like 2

Not really feeling the Spencer Rattler love for the NFL. Yeah, He bounced back a little bit today. But I dont know if the guy is even a first rounder anymore.

JJ Mccarthy is underrated. Especially on his deep ball touch. I wonder which other Michigan QB was underrated?

Georgia might very well be the best team in College Football. And that isnt a joke. 

Desmond Ritter is the real deal. I dont know how people arent losing their **** over the guy. 

Thats all I got so far from today. PSU is winning against IND. But IND always plays Penn State tough. 

Yeah I have a feeling that at the end of the day this is going to be a pretty "meh" QB class without any real blue chip guys who truly separate themselves. Though that actually might be good for us since we'll likely not be picking in the top 5, so one of the good but not elite talents could drop to us.

@clskinsfanI really like Ridder as well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think he's among them.  But why would he be the guy to watch among the QBs?   I watched him plenty last year, not as much this season.  I haven't landed on a strong opinion on him aside from liking what I've seen but not loving it.  Corral is having a tough day against Alabama's defense, but still showing some flashes, among other things throwing a perfect deep ball that was dropped by his receiver for a TD.  I got to see more though to land on a strong opinion about him, too.  I would lean so far Corral > Howell.  But in some ways they actually remind me of each other.  I got to see more of the movie for both. 

This team will ultimately pick outside the top 5. I think Howell will be there when we pick. Given his strong start to the year, Corrall may end up being QB1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I have a feeling that at the end of the day this is going to be a pretty "meh" QB class without any real blue chip guys who truly separate themselves. Though that actually might be good for us since we'll likely not be picking in the top 5, so one of the good but not elite talents could drop to us.

@clskinsfanI really like Ridder as well. 

It’s like the Geno Smith year

Was watching the Auburn vs LSU game and LB Zakoby McClain stood out for the Auburn defense. He's undersized like JOK last year, but he plays much more physical than his stature.

You could see that he is the heart and soul of the Auburn defense. He made the defensive calls and adjustments to his teammate's alignment pre snap. He's the one firing his guys up in big moments. I really like his energy and you can tell he is a smart player.

Auburn ran a 3 man DL all game, and despite being undersized, McClain met the LSU RBs on basically every interior run. They had negative yards rushing halfway through the game... he also met the LSU RBs on every outside run. Sideline to sideline in run support.

In coverage he impressed me as well. You could see him adjust his drops based on what the nearest threat around him did. He did every play what I have been begging Bostic and Holcomb to do, he found some work. I didn't see him targeted much in the passing game because he actually had great coverage.

He's only 6'0 and around 220 lbs so he will likely get overlooked by the numbers obsessed NFL scouts. He's a football player though and will be a steal for someone in the draft. Right now we could probably get him in the 3rd. People will question his size, but LSU's LT and LG weigh nearly 700 lbs and they couldn't run at him at all. Someone will get a steal.

• Like 2

As far as Corral, he played about as well as you can play in a blowout loss. The moment seemed to get to his teammates with penalties, missed assignments, and drops. Just focusing on him though, I liked what I saw for the most part. 

He started the game really well. Marching the ball down the field on a long drive inside the red zone. Their offense overcame penalties and 4th downs on that opening drive but ultimately failed the 4th down conversion that mattered in the end. That was a trend for their offense today.

Still, you got to see how Corral handled his OL getting manhandled by Alabama and he didn't fold. He had a lot of quick passes, but when he had time, he made good throws down the field. On one play, he avoided a free rusher, scrambled, and dropped a dime over great coverage for what should've been a TD. His WR dropped it. 

You would like to see a QB elevate his team even when they're outmatched, and he made every attempt to do that with plays like the one I just mentioned. His teammates weren't up for it though so they got a beat down. Alabama is unfair in the trenches though so my biggest take away was him not getting happy feet or giving the game away by panicking. He stayed composed considering how quickly they got down and never really forced anything.

Hopefully the big loss takes some eyes away from him though. Let him fall to our pick in the 1st. 

Zach Wilson, who many here loved last year, would get happy feet when he faced teams with any kind of pass rush. I could see pressure get inside Wilson's head and that's why I was never a fan of his. Corral had every reason to panic and fold today, but he stayed level and made the plays that were there against a defense that is filled with future NFL players. He also  continued to show ball skills, faking out the defense on several plays, and athleticism, rushing for a TD. 

I have to go watch what Ridder has been up to now as he seems to be rising.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, method man said:

This team will ultimately pick outside the top 5. I think Howell will be there when we pick. Given his strong start to the year, Corrall may end up being QB1

OK, I get your logic, could be so.  Rattler who started by many as the #1 QB for the next draft seems to have fallen, he might be in that range too if things stay on this track.  Though its probably too early now to guess but I follow what you are saying, right now if things remain the same Willis-Corral might got as the top 2 QBs.   

4 hours ago, IrepDC said:

As far as Corral, he played about as well as you can play in a blowout loss. The moment seemed to get to his teammates with penalties, missed assignments, and drops. Just focusing on him though, I liked what I saw for the most part. 

He started the game really well. Marching the ball down the field on a long drive inside the red zone. Their offense overcame penalties and 4th downs on that opening drive but ultimately failed the 4th down conversion that mattered in the end. That was a trend for their offense today.

Still, you got to see how Corral handled his OL getting manhandled by Alabama and he didn't fold. He had a lot of quick passes, but when he had time, he made good throws down the field. On one play, he avoided a free rusher, scrambled, and dropped a dime over great coverage for what should've been a TD. His WR dropped it. 

You would like to see a QB elevate his team even when they're outmatched, and he made every attempt to do that with plays like the one I just mentioned. His teammates weren't up for it though so they got a beat down. Alabama is unfair in the trenches though so my biggest take away was him not getting happy feet or giving the game away by panicking. He stayed composed considering how quickly they got down and never really forced anything.

Hopefully the big loss takes some eyes away from him though. Let him fall to our pick in the 1st. 

...Corral had every reason to panic and fold today, but he stayed level and made the plays that were there against a defense that is filled with future NFL players. He also  continued to show ball skills, faking out the defense on several plays, and athleticism, rushing for a TD. 

I have to go watch what Ridder has been up to now as he seems to be rising.

Corral is fearless, I think he did fine relatively speaking yesterday.  His issue last year was he was a bit like Fitz as for taking too many chances and in turn throwing too many picks. He has not done that this season, even falling behind against Alabama he didn't get reckless.

I highligted Risser some last year ans a 2nd-3rd round type QB when I thought he was coming out.  You can see potential in him.  Having said that, Ridder for me is a roller coaster, my opinion changes some week to week.  His makeup as a player seems good.  Love his mobility when he showcases it.  But his accuracy is so up and down and he gets away with some throws that he might not in college so he's hard for me to get a read on.  Some weeks I feel yes.  Some weeks I feel no. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Not really feeling the Spencer Rattler love for the NFL. Yeah, He bounced back a little bit today. But I dont know if the guy is even a first rounder anymore.

I think with his skill set and the spot is plays, he's going in the first.  The character issues which I mentioned that some have expressed about him, I wonder how that unfolds one way or another.  It that hyperbole or is there something to them?  

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think with his skill set and the spot is plays, he's going in the first.  The character issues which I mentioned that some have expressed about him, I wonder how that unfolds one way or another.  It that hyperbole or is there something to them?  

The character issues, if true, make Rattler undraftable for me

29 minutes ago, method man said:

The character issues, if true, make Rattler undraftable for me

The character stuff seems nebulous so tough for me to get a read on it.  You also got some narrative of him being a strange dude with questionable leadership issues.  But then on the other hand, some swear by him, too.  But I notice it's often the case when character is questioned that said player has strong defenders who say the questions are nonsense. Sometimes the critics are borne out, sometimes not.  But its on my radar in case I see more. 

https://www.realitytitbit.com/netflix-reality-shows/qb1/qb1-what-did-spencer-rattler-do-season-3-suspension-explained

In episode 9 of QB1 season 3, it comes to light that Spencer Rattler would not be partaking in the Chaparral game as he had a sprained MCL. Spencer did not know when he would return to the field but predicted three to five weeks.

But as it was revealed, Spencer had not injured himself but was suspended from the team for the rest of the high school season. In episode 10, Spencer admitted he had “messed up” with a “childish, dumb mistake.”

Spencer had already committed to Oklahoma University and had plenty of footage, so his future plans were not interfered witth

However, the question about what 18-year-old Spencer Rattler did hung over the rest of the season.

What did Spencer Rattler do?

At the time Spencer was deemed ineligible to play, a school representative said Spencer had “violated district code of conduct.” Essentially, he broke the school’s policy for an undisclosed reason.

Radio reports in the episode say that: “it involved an incident on campus. It was not criminal, it was victimless and yet he broke some rules.”

Spencer’s parents Michael and Susan, along with the Pinnacle team were hush-hush about what had gone down but rumours began to surface immediately. As the only district code of conduct violation that results in a suspension from the football season is a drug or alcohol violation, it is obviously to do with this.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not one bit sold on Ridder.

I'm not sold either, but he is growing on me.  His leadership and toughness and poise are all there.  Good athlete too, and he looks like he reads the field pretty well.  And his pedigree of winning is about as good as it gets.  But I echo SIP's concerns about his consistency.  His accuracy is questionable IMO.  I think he'll let them go without feeling out his throwing window properly and just puts it off target too much.

But I also can't shake the feeling that there is some "it factor" with him, and that he could be amazing in a huddle.  He is somewhere between Kellen Mond and Dak Prescott to me.  If he puts in the work to improve his accuracy, then I can see him ending up on the Dak side of his ceiling, and thus he could be one of the best prospects in this class.  But right now he just lacks the polished arm talent of the really high ceiling low floor dudes like Rattler and Howell, so he's not going to have the book of creative and impressive NFL-looking throws that they will.

• Like 2

I recorded the Liberty game and I am watching it now in between the NFL game previews.

My first impression of Mailik Willis brings me flashes of Trey Lance.

Really special runner. Not just fast but elusive and physical and fearless. He’s in another strata on that front then the other touted Qbs in this draft.  On first watch I am even more impressed with him than Lance as a runner, Willis can cut and stop and go like a RB

He’s elusive in the pocket. 

So far in this game he’s purely playing shotgun.

Quick release in the short game but holds on to the ball too long for passes that take time to develop.

His accuracy seems good but he has a labored way for the way he throws, it’s not as compact of a delivery as someone like Corral.

Stares at his targets at times but I also saw him go through progressions 

if there is trouble he favors running over letting plays develop

Hard for me to gauge his arm strength thus far I’ve yet to see a laser type throw

Throws a catchable ball. Throws with very nice touch.  Lance for example had a rifle but didn’t change speeds much on his throws. Willis does but I haven’t seen the Lance rifle like throws yet. 

Threw a really nice Intermediate tough looking out route throw which was impressive 

Low level of competition puts a disclaimer on his play 

My first impression is I am very intrigued. Can’t wait until the match up versus Ole Miss in November 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not sold either, but he is growing on me.  His leadership and toughness and poise are all there.  Good athlete too, and he looks like he reads the field pretty well.  And his pedigree of winning is about as good as it gets.  But I echo SIP's concerns about his consistency.  His accuracy is questionable IMO.  I think he'll let them go without feeling out his throwing window properly and just puts it off target too much.

But I also can't shake the feeling that there is some "it factor" with him, and that he could be amazing in a huddle.  He is somewhere between Kellen Mond and Dak Prescott to me.  If he puts in the work to improve his accuracy, then I can see him ending up on the Dak side of his ceiling, and thus he could be one of the best prospects in this class.  But right now he just lacks the polished arm talent of the really high ceiling low floor dudes like Rattler and Howell, so he's not going to have the book of creative and impressive NFL-looking throws that they will.

He brings some bravado in the way he plays that is intriguing, which I agree could bring some confidence to the rest of the team.  I'd love to see more consistency from him.  Last year was a bit of a roller coaster for him though to his credit he played better as the season went on.