Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Turning in the card to select Trevor Lawrence with the first overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft will be easy -- ensuring Lawrence has the supporting cast he needs to succeed will be a bigger challenge. D.J. Chark is a quality receiver, and James Robinson is coming off one of the greatest rookie seasons ever recorded by an undrafted running back, but beyond that, upgrades are needed.

What ? People still don't believe in Trey Quinn ? 😛

I see he now plays for the "other Gruden"

Fuller is fast, though. Ran the fastest time for a receiver at the 2016 combine, at 4.32.

He an McLaurin would be too much speed for a lot of defenses

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I don't get it, what did you mean by this?

Joking.  Playing off of what some agents have told Keim among others that everything being equal they advise their WR clients to go to the team with the better QB -- because it can help their ability to make more money down the road thanks to better stats, etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Joking.  Playing off of what some agents have told Keim among others that everything being equal they advise their WR clients to go to the team with the better QB -- because it can help their ability to make more money down the road thanks to better stats, etc. 

Yeah, I remember that conversation now, makes sense.

It also works in reverse when evaluating receivers, if the receiver had a top 5 quarterback some of his production has to be contributed to the quarterback and not talent alone.

McLaurin may be worth his weight in gold come free agency when you factor both those things in.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doesn't really make sense since contract 2 is where your money usually is unless your numbers are bad enough you get cut. At WR since so many are done these days in their late 20s anyway.

8 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think if they trade him his cap number via dead cap is higher, so that seems odd. Where’s that being reported?

7 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I gotta go dig, tbh. It might have been one of those rumor accounts or something. It was someone talking about how the Saints could be creative to get under the cap and it was listed that if Brees is done, and they hit reset, they could go firesale mode. Thomas is owed a ton of money so yeah the dead cap might prohibit the move. I wouldn't read too much into it

If they designate post-June 1st this says they would save near 13 mill.  (Pre-June 1st would be negative 1.2mill).  However, it's 14 mill pushed to next year.  They go from minus 70 to positive 60 in 2022 (as of now).  Salary in 2022 is 15.3, so it might help even with the hit.  Not ideal, but if they are getting creative, then it could be a piece to a solution.

image.png.132c35ec5da383f32cfb0f70d1a66589.png

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I feel like this guy is going to command so much more than he's worth. 

I'd like him under/around 10, but I could see him go higher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Harris wouldn't be my first choice, but I love that we're targeting FS seriously.

Starting MLB, SAM and FS and this defense becomes special. 

Harris seemed to be the butter on everybodys bread last year, and then had a down year in 2020 after getting the FT.  In your opinion which was the outlier.his 2019 or 2020 play?

5 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

(from what I read) Harris didn't play as well last year as he did in 2019. Which season is a better indicator of his caliber of play?

I'm not sure. Like I said, he wouldn't be my target.

For the price, I'd rather go for Simmons.

Maye would be my top choice by a long shot. Then probably Williams who is only 25. 

I can't see us throwing huge money at FS, with all we have at SS and then resigning Darby. 

Tartt and Boston would be fine if affordable. 

23 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Saints didn't show when this first opened and I was surprised the Eagles were worst.  Had to open to find them. Haha

Amazing the Cardinals have like 45% of their snaps to be FAs. 

Alex Smith isn't a FA, but will likely have his snaps replaced.  So this a fun exercise, but it likely will change a bit before FA opening.

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Like 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-trey-lance-goes-ahead-of-justin-fields-no-deshaun-watson-trade/

https://www.nfl.com/news/roundup-chiefs-ot-mitchell-schwartz-undergoes-back-surgery

Tyrell Williams released by Raiders, 2 years into 44m contract.

This would make a ton of sense to at least bring in for a workout and see how that shoulder is... He was a monster for the Chargers and very good for the Raiders up until last years torn labrum.

6'4, explosive, gets to the endzone. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-trey-lance-goes-ahead-of-justin-fields-no-deshaun-watson-trade/

https://www.nfl.com/news/roundup-chiefs-ot-mitchell-schwartz-undergoes-back-surgery

Tyrell Williams released by Raiders, 2 years into 44m contract.

This would make a ton of sense to at least bring in for a workout and see how that shoulder is... He was a monster for the Chargers and very good for the Raiders up until last years torn labrum.

6'4, explosive, gets to the endzone. 

Williams is worth a look after the first go around of free agency and then the draft. Couple of poor years, indications are he can’t stay healthy aren’t they? 

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Williams is worth a look after the first go around of free agency and then the draft. Couple of poor years, indications are he can’t stay healthy aren’t they? 

He didn't have any poor years to be honest. He just happened to miss this year due to injury. The year prior he was the teams leading receiver with almost 700 yards and caught TD's nearly every week. 

He was only cut in order to save 10m this year and the Raiders need cap space. At least that's what the reports say.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillTy00.htm

6'4, 205, 29 years old

2016 - 16 games, 69 rec, 1059 yds, 7 td

2017 - 16 games, 43 rec, 728 yds, 4 td

2018 - 16 games, 41 rec, 653 yds, 5 td

2019 - 14 games, 42 rec, 651 yds, 6 td

2020 - missed due to shoulder injury

41 minutes ago, method man said:

Tyrell is a solid no. 2 WR assuming his shoulder is fine. I do think he is a guy who is going to be available for a while as he probably thinks he is worth much more than the contract he'll ultimately get

yep agreed, I think the same.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

He didn't have any poor years to be honest. He just happened to miss this year due to injury. The year prior he was the teams leading receiver with almost 700 yards and caught TD's nearly every week. 

He was only cut in order to save 10m this year and the Raiders need cap space. At least that's what the reports say.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillTy00.htm

6'4, 205, 29 years old

2016 - 16 games, 69 rec, 1059 yds, 7 td

2017 - 16 games, 43 rec, 728 yds, 4 td

2018 - 16 games, 41 rec, 653 yds, 5 td

2019 - 14 games, 42 rec, 651 yds, 6 td

2020 - missed due to shoulder injury

I mean 2017-19 is on average 3 receptions per game for 45yards or something.

LB JAYON BROWN, TENNESSEE TITANS (71.7)

Quality coverage linebackers are paramount to successful NFL defenses in today’s pass-happy league, and Tennessee is one of the select few teams that may just have one in Brown, a fifth-round pick out of UCLA in 2017. The 6-foot, 231-pounder was originally doubted because of his slight frame but is now coveted for just that, as his strong safety-like build pay dividends when asked to cover wide zones or match and mirror tight ends in man coverage. Brown’s 84.5 coverage grade in 2018 ranks seventh among the 119 off-ball linebackers with 30-plus targets as second-year players in the NFL. The group of seven ahead of Brown on the list includes Patrick Willis (91.1), Deion Jones (91.1), and Lavonte David (87.4).

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-favorites-entering-year-3-in-the-nfl

• Like 3