Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Who gives a 💩 what round a guy was drafted in?  Should we trade for a Steelers backup QB who is a former 1st rounder...?  There was this offensive (and i mean that in both senses) tackle skins traded into rd 1 to acquire and he never played a down, he was that bad.  What round a guy was drafted in means absolutely nothing to whether you should take a flier on him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Who gives a 💩 what round a guy was drafted in?  Should we trade for a Steelers backup QB who is a former 1st rounder...?  There was this offensive (and i mean that in both senses) tackle skins traded into rd 1 to acquire and he never played a down, he was that bad.  What round a guy was drafted in means absolutely nothing to whether you should take a flier on him.

Thats fair. But you also have to remember that Rivera and the rest of the FO have already evaluated Harry. If they liked him in the draft and had a first round grade on him than he has value to them. Talent evaluators dont like to be wrong. :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

I'm hoping Washington presses hard to sign Wright, the middle Linebacker from Seattle.  Considering his age, even a short-term contract would work. 

Cleveland snapped up.the Indy LB (Walker) who was my other choice.  Not too many other decent options out there for a FA linebacker, who could shore up on of the few weaknesses of Washington's defence.

Speaking of FA  Linebackers, what's up with Reuben Foster? Does Washington intend to retain him?

No, they are not expected to retain Foster. Why we haven't signed an impact FA LB by now is frustrating...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats fair. But you also have to remember that Rivera and the rest of the FO have already evaluated Harry. If they liked him in the draft and had a first round grade on him than he has value to them. Talent evaluators dont like to be wrong. :)

Yep it appears they were all very hot on him pre draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

There was this offensive (and i mean that in both senses) tackle skins traded into rd 1 to acquire and he never played a down, he was that bad.  What round a guy was drafted in means absolutely nothing to whether you should take a flier on him.

One of Casserly's brilliant picks. Andre Johnson. I think we actually traded up to get him.

Edited by Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Kyle Smith grabbed him. 

I feel like Fabian never got a fair shake last year. Ron immediately signed two corners and that was the end of Fabian in Washington, his guys were going to play. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Kyle Smith grabbed him. 

No great loss. Replacement level player. I had high hopes when he was drafted. Super fast athlete that drops because of an upper extremity injury sign me up. I was wrong. 

I do think we still need better CB depth. 

Also, I saw that Jadaveon Clowney is visiting Cleveland. I can’t imagine anybody paying him real love money. Is he ever, ever, healthy? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Idiots like Manusky were playing Moreau as a nickel corner when he was an outside corner all along and he played better on the outside. There are veteran cornerbacks galore sitting in the free agent market. They should be able to wait until after the draft to sign someone competent. Best bet is signing one of these vets to a minimum deal + drafting someone to replace Stroman on the depth chart.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dyst said:

We need to extend our guys early so we sign them to the current market rate.

John Allen today would cost less than John Allen in 2 years. Same for McLaurin, Payne, Sweat, etc. 

The problem is that they, and their agents, know that as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gotta wonder if the coaches/GM's feel like another wave of releases is coming and that's one of the reasons why they're saving so much cap space. Will they pounce on Zach Ertz if he's released? Is there a LB or two they have their eye on? There has to be a good reason for their patience.

• Like 2