Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Reaves wants to prove his worth.  Maybe he's our starting FS but we need help/depth he might be both.

https://twitter.com/JR1ERA/status/1373083350928388097?s=20

Reaves really wasn't bad, he was a good tackler which is really important. He seems to really want the position and seems invested in the team, that goes a long way. He'll probably work extra hard to keep that spot. Maybe we can draft some competition for him after the 4th round and see if he solidifies that spot. 

6 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm surprised harris went with philly over us.  We will be better than them in 2021, and the ability to walk right into the FS position behind that line would be ideal for a player who signed a 1 yr prove it deal.  And he went to Virginia.

I wasn't sounding the alarm to sign harris, mostly bc I thought he would get overpaid.  At that price, that would've been a great get.  Bummer.

played under their DC for years in Minny, would guess that influenced the move

I could see us bringing back Richard Rodgers at TE who we cut last year.

Really disappointing that we missed on Harris. Definitely could have done with one more strong acquisition. That said, we’ve brought in quality and we haven’t wasted cash, so on balance it’s been a solid start in free agency.

Slim pickings left. Wonder if there are further cuts or potential trades in the making.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I could see us bringing back Richard Rodgers at TE who we cut last year.

Really disappointing that we missed on Harris. Definitely could have done with one more strong acquisition. That said, we’ve brought in quality and we haven’t wasted cash, so on balance it’s been a solid start in free agency.

Slim pickings left. Wonder if there are further cuts or potential trades in the making.

Agreed on the Harris front, but someone else mentioned earlier in the thread (apologies, I forget who). For Harris to sign a one year deal - he's obviously looking to maximise his FA value next year.

It makes a tonne of sense for him to do that by being the big star in a poor defense than one of the constellation in a great defense in DC. He's backing himself to shine, knowing Philly will be a relatively poor Defense so he will stand out more and get more press, more attention etc. His only big contract was $11 mill last year and $3mill the year before, so it's not like he has made bank for several years and is sitting on piles of cash. He'll be 30 during the season.
You factor that in with his old coach now being DC in Philly, and another shot at FA riches next year and it's understandable, although it's not helpful to us!

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RWJ said:

Reaves wants to prove his worth.  Maybe he's our starting FS but we need help/depth he might be both.

https://twitter.com/JR1ERA/status/1373083350928388097?s=20

He's 100% correct if we don't find a starter. 

5 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Is Deshazor Everett not a realistic option at FS? I do like that he's a thumper.

He's a ST captain, but not a starting FS. More of a SS, but not a starter there either.

Everett's always been an interesting case. As a starter, he has flashed, but also has been victimized. I think he's just not consistent enough. Not sure how much of that had to do with really bad coaching, scheming, and communication though.

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If they don't believe in Moss, what about Jesse James as a really good blocking TE and red zone target.

They could then search the draft for an athletic TE in the mid rounds

SIP mentioned Burton yesterday at TE.  Maybe we try to land him or another of the remaining TEs like James as you said.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

As mike tyson said, social media allows people to be disrespectful to others without getting punched in the face.  Everyone is an expert and a tough guy behind the almighty keyboard.

That's a surprisingly insightful statement from someone who thought it was smart to tattoo his face...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

That's a surprisingly insightful statement from someone who thought it was smart to tattoo his face...

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but what he said is true.  There's a reason political and other discourse has become so toxic.  People will say anything under the cover on anonymity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but what he said is true.  There's a reason political and other discourse has become so toxic.  People will say anything under the cover on anonymity.

Both are true.  It's a good quote, and his tattoo makes me question his decision making :)

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If they don't believe in Moss, what about Jesse James as a really good blocking TE and red zone target.

They could then search the draft for an athletic TE in the mid rounds

Could be the steal of free agency 

image.thumb.png.62df94fb5774e84df05719d4426a7c02.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You are proving what he said as true.

Mike’s not had an easy life. He didn’t have an easy childhood. He was taken advantage of by the people around him. Had it all. Lost it all. Went to jail for rape. Lost a 4 year old daughter to an accident on a treadmill. 

I love a good redemption story. He seems very self aware and thoughtful now. 

I don’t know that I have high hopes for signing more FA. I’d love to see us make a trade for a LB, chiefly CJ Mosley, but that doesn’t seem like the way the new regime operates. They seem thoughtful about the future cap and Leary of trading draft picks for vets. I expect us to sign a few bargain/depth free agents and finish the roster out with the draft. 

And really, I’m fine with that. Save the cap money and use it to resign our guys. Especially now that you can roll unused cap forward, saving some money this year is in no way wasteful. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

Mike’s not had an easy life. He didn’t have an easy childhood. He was taken advantage of by the people around him. Had it all. Lost it all. Went to jail for rape. Lost a 4 year old daughter to an accident on a treadmill. 

I love a good redemption story. He seems very self aware and thoughtful now. 

The point was cracking a joke about his tattoo on the internet is exactly Mikes point. 

I'm a huge Mike fan, but thanks for the history lesson anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The point was cracking a joke about his tattoo on the internet is exactly Mikes point. 

I'm a huge Mike fan, but thanks for the history lesson anyway. 

I get it. I gave your post the trophy reaction. Same team, man. 

edit:  The history stuff was more to give the guy commenting about his face tattoos some life context. 

Edited by Anselmheifer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely hate social media..STILL...wont have a damn thing to do with any of it..facebook twitter insta****...whatever..it all sucks...I have children all across this great country..they all have my phone number and text or call.when they want to chat and vise versa..

To all you youngins...to anyone who uses social medial for that matter...take my advice learn how to be a human and **** can it all!!

• Like 3

Regardless of Tyson's early years he was an ass to people and disrespected the masses in his late teens, twenties and I am certain when it stopped. I often saw him and his group of friends and body guards out in clubs and malls. The good thing is it appear that and poor decision making have stopped thank goodness. 

His quote was spot on!

Now lets go get a LB or FS!

**** yeah...**** is ****ing weak these days...NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO CONFRONT ANOTHER PERSON IN PERSON...absolutely ridiculous...

We had to have a generator worked on and it runs the cooling units on our cooler trailer...well temperatures started rising and we needed that generator...the owner was communicating with the repair man via text she got a couple responses than nothing..the manufacturer was even trying to get ahold of this repair man via phone and nothing..couldnt get ahold of him..so I did it the old fashion way and stopped in there in person to ask what's up with the generator..this older dude was wayyyyyy thrown back...like way shocked I was there in person..almost scared in a way..well..the generator was fixed not 3 days later...**** social media and everything it stands for.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Regardless of Tyson's early years he was an ass to people and disrespected the masses in his late teens, twenties and I am certain when it stopped. I often saw him and his group of friends and body guards out in clubs and malls. The good thing is it appear that and poor decision making have stopped thank goodness. 

His quote was spot on!

Now lets go get a LB or FS!

When I cooked at Spago in Vegas he would always come in during the day because he liked the jewelry store next to it, but would sit in the main area that was closed during the day. We were told not to look at him and he'd eat at a table by himself with a circle of people around him looking away. 

19 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I get it. I gave your post the trophy reaction. Same team, man. 

edit:  The history stuff was more to give the guy commenting about his face tattoos some life context. 

That's cool. As a guy with neck and hand tattoos, who has punched a lot of people, I get kind of irritated when people start sharing their valuable opinions about other peoples tattoos, so I totally get your point.

I like Mike. Wish he'd go back to being Vegan again, but it's cool. :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ok, can we end the perfectly valid but now too drawn out fir this thread Tyson commentary and get back to discussing free agents. Thanks.

Is Jesse James cleared to return - I heard he took a nasty shot in the back visiting Ford field. 🤪🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I absolutely hate social media..STILL...wont have a damn thing to do with any of it..facebook twitter insta****...whatever..it all sucks...I have children all across this great country..they all have my phone number and text or call.when they want to chat and vise versa..

To all you youngins...to anyone who uses social medial for that matter...take my advice learn how to be a human and **** can it all!!

Are you the guy with the dreads in "the social dilemma"?