Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

21 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Friermuth is outstanding too.....I would love to get him. Hope your theory is right.

So much noise from Keim that they want a TE that I am presuming there is something to it.  I am betting unless there is some surprise in FA they are targeting one of those TEs.  I know they already did zoom meetings with Jordan and Tremble. 

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So much noise from Keim that they want a TE that I am presuming there is something to it.  I am betting unless there is some surprise in FA they are targeting one of those TEs.  I know they already did zoom meetings with Jordan and Tremble. 

Are there any potential TE cuts on the horizon that could be in their thoughts other than Ertz?

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dial up Wright. He should be sweating it out. The earlier suggestion was 2 year $13.5, offer much lower and work yourself to an agreement 

Don't let Seattle get him back on the cheap

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm starting to think that we can't sign a TE because we're gonna have to pay a nice price to keep Logan Thomas...he shouldve been a pro bowler over Evan Engram by far. I'm serious, I would look at Richard Rodgers and the draft for a 2nd TE...Rodgers can get open and catch the ball, we should've never cut him but I guess RR needed to see more of Sprinkler?

His play was excellent in 2020 but it will be interesting to see how he does with a new QB and better WRs.  SIP mentioned Burton and he's a tad younger than Thomas so he would be the next best FA TE and hopefully we can sign him as we did Thomas.  I expect us to take a TE with our 1st 3rd round pick if we don't use it to trade up for a QB.  

8 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

They this joker tweets minutes later that he's tired and going to bed.  Put him to rest as a real FA source.  LOL

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I expect us to take a TE with our 1st 3rd round pick if we don't use it to trade up for a QB.  I think we must use our 2nd for a LOT as it's a serious need I would think but RR and Co. make the call on all of things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

His play was excellent in 2020 but it will be interesting to see how he does with a new QB and better WRs.  SIP mentioned Burton and he's a tad younger than Thomas so he would be the next best FA TE and hopefully we can sign him as we did Thomas.  I expect us to take a TE with our 1st 3rd round pick if we don't use it to trade up for a QB.  

Good point, Thomas was a huge option because Alex and Dwayne were both limited in throwing down field, but, he was also a great target in the redzone......I think Logan is legit and is only gonna get better. He might be a beast moving forward. Think about it, it's the first season he was a featured TE and he played with 4 different QB's and put up pro bowl numbers. LT is the real deal....great signing by the WFT.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Good point, Thomas was a huge option because Alex and Dwayne were both limited in throwing down field, but, he was also a great target in the redzone......I think Logan is legit and is only gonna get better. He might be a beast moving forward. Think about it, it's the first season he was a featured TE and he played with 4 different QB's and put up pro bowl numbers. LT is the real deal....great signing by the WFT.

Your counter point is well taken too.  Will be interesting to watch it play out.  

• Like 1

So who is everyone still keeping an eye on?

It seems like free safety will be someone in the draft (there are a lot of decent options throughout the rounds) or Tre Boston. Kareem Jackson from the Broncos is still available I think and a couple other guys who could be decent like Xavier Woods, Tartt, or Gibson. 

I’m not sure who is out there as far as TE, but hopefully we can draft one of Friermuth, Jordan, or Tremble. 

We still have a couple LB’s in FA to target like KJ Wright, Eric Wilson, and BJ Goodson. Then in the draft it’s Zaven Collins or JOK in the first or Cox and Jamin in the second, or Moses, Werner, or Groening in the third. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fresh8686 said:

So who is everyone still keeping an eye on?

It seems like free safety will be someone in the draft (there are a lot of decent options throughout the rounds) or Tre Boston. Kareem Jackson from the Broncos is still available I think and a couple other guys who could be decent like Xavier Woods, Tartt, or Gibson. 

I’m not sure who is out there as far as TE, but hopefully we can draft one of Friermuth, Jordan, or Tremble. 

We still have a couple LB’s in FA to target like KJ Wright, Eric Wilson, and BJ Goodson. Then in the draft it’s Zaven Collins or JOK in the first or Cox and Jamin in the second, or Moses, Werner, or Groening in the third. 

If a stud left tackle falls to us at #19, a can't miss guy, then we should take him. Don't mess around with it, take him. We need to bolster this offensive line instead of patching it up all the time. Lets maul teams on both sides of the ball....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Man I can't believe Anthony Harris only signed a 1-year 5m dollar contract. I wonder why we didn't jump all over that?

Harris was coached by new Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon in Minnesota.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is yet another example of how people mention our offensive weapons, but always, always leave out McKissic

Love Kiss....he's invaluable.

Can't help but think RR and staff are pinching themselves knowing they still have a bunch of money to spend and lots of options left. Last year they did their best work signing fringe players who turned out to be key contributors.....

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If a stud left tackle falls to us at #19, a can't miss guy, then we should take him. Don't mess around with it, take him. We need to bolster this offensive line instead of patching it up all the time. Lets maul teams on both sides of the ball....

That would most likely be Darrisaw or Cosmi depending on who is available at 19. I’m definitely on board with OT in the first. I don’t think there will be much left to choose from amongst the best OT’s by the time we pick in the 2nd. 

He calls himself "soft-spoken", and he's right. Dude is the most chill person I've ever seen.

But I expect him to play loud on the field. He played an entire season with a torn labrum. That's pretty loud

One of the big reasons he decided to sign here, is he heard all over the league, from every single player, that Rivera is a grrrrrreat guy.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I really think Jeremy Reaves can be a very good player for us....Him and Curl are gonna get it done. Gotta let some of our young guys play and grow, he could be one of them. 

He's a replaceable reserve FS. Doughty-like. Has his limits and doesn't look on par with starting calibre talent. 

They should be grabbing Boston, drafting a day 2 player to develop into a starter and let Reaves occupy the 5th safety spot. 

• Like 1