Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Self-Described ‘King of Las Vegas’ Stormed the Capitol, Then Went Home. Days Before His Arrest, He Called Trump His ‘Idol.’

Federal authorities in Nevada on Thursday arrested a Las Vegas man for participating in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol where he is alleged to have gotten into a physical altercation with U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) officers.

According to a newly unsealed criminal complaint in D.C. federal court, Nathan DeGrave (a.k.a. Nathaniel and Nate), 31, faces charges of knowingly entering a restricted building without authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct, and obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder.

Agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) alleged that security camera footage from inside the Capitol Building shows DeGrave and a man identified as Ronald Sandlin, who was also arrested on Thursday, shoving and wrestling with USCP officers who were trying to halt their progress through the building.

“SANDLIN is observed cutting in front of USCP1 and attempting to wrestle the door away from USCP2. This wrestling to keep the door open causes [DeGrave], SANDLIN, and several other unidentified subjects to become engaged in a shoving match with the USCP officers,” the charging document stated. “As the three USCPs make their way away from the crowd down the hallway and out of view of the security camera, [DeGrave], SANDLIN, and several others are observed on the video footage acting in an aggressive manner towards the USCPs. [DeGrave] can be seen putting up his fists as if to begin boxing one of retreating USCP officers. As the USCP officer steps away, [DeGrave] is observed banging his chest.”

Click on the link for the full article

A Major Trump Forum Scrubs Its Archives of Thousands of Pre-Riot Posts

In the days ahead of the January 6 Capitol riot, there were warnings, but no guarantee that the day would turn violent. But users of TheDonald.win, a major online pro-Trump forum, were preparing for a fight, posting maps of the Capitol and swapping messages about being ready to die.

In the wake of the carnage, law enforcement identified TheDonald.win as a key planning platform for the insurrectionists. And on Inauguration Day, the forum established a new domain, rebranding as Patriots.win. Alongside that transition, thousands of posts from lead up to the riot have disappeared from the site as though they were never there.

Jared Holt, a research fellow at the Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensic Research Lab who regularly monitors the forum, noticed the change when he recently went to reexamine now-missing messages. The posters’ deleted content included maps of the Capitol, manifestos about their intentions upon arriving, discussion about flouting D.C.’s strict gun laws, and praise of extremist groups like the Proud Boys.

Mother Jones‘s analysis of the site’s existing archives, conducted by cross-referencing what remains with other records, suggests the forum’s administrators removed all posts made between December 19 and January 6. Posts from before and after remain accessible. While the site has not publicly explained the gap, Holt thinks they may have been attempting to protect themselves or their users from legal repercussions. “I think there is a very fair question here whether moderators of The Donald destroyed evidence that would aid law enforcement investigation,” Holt says.

Bennett Gershman, a criminal and constitutional law professor at the Pace University School of Law says the removals could bring additional legal troubles. “Destroying evidence after you’ve committed a crime might itself be a crime. We’re talking about potentially tampering with evidence,” he says. “By removing these communications you’re evidencing a consciousness of guilt. Removing evidence that would incriminate you could be inferred that you engaged in criminal activity.”

• Sad 1

Jan. 6 Rally Funded by Top Trump Donor, Helped by Alex Jones, Organizers Say

The rally in Washington’s Ellipse that preceded the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol was arranged and funded by a small group including a top Trump campaign fundraiser and donor facilitated by far-right show host Alex Jones.

Mr. Jones personally pledged more than $50,000 in seed money for a planned Jan. 6 event in exchange for a guaranteed “top speaking slot of his choice,” according to a funding document outlining a deal between his company and an early organizer for the event.

Mr. Jones also helped arrange for Julie Jenkins Fancelli, a prominent donor to the Trump campaign and heiress to the Publix Super Markets Inc. chain, to commit about $300,000 through a top fundraising official for former President Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign, according to organizers. Her money paid for the lion’s share of the roughly $500,000 rally at the Ellipse where Mr. Trump spoke.

Another far-right activist and leader of the “Stop the Steal” movement, Ali Alexander, helped coordinate planning with Caroline Wren, a fundraising official who was paid by the Trump campaign for much of 2020 and who was tapped by Ms. Fancelli to organize and fund an event on her behalf, organizers said. 

• Sad 1

I am reading the letter by Acting Sec Defense Miller Jan 4 that essentially broke the normal response chain to deploy the Nat. Guard on Jan 6. It is also astonishingly specific, including not using Intel assets.

Miller was installed after Trump lost the election, which was considered somewhat unusual. 

Now the story gets stranger. Miller reports he met with Trump Jan 5, the night before the riot.

Click on the link for more

• Sad 1

So when is the Biden administration going to do something about Jan 6th?  So far it’s being treated like an open secret.  When do we start homes and offices of important folks being raided? Is the goal to wait until people stop talking about it and to save face by pretending it never happened?

I want accountability and I don’t give a **** if makes Republicans mad.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

So when is the Biden administration going to do something about Jan 6th?  So far it’s being treated like an open secret.  When do we start homes and offices of important folks being raided? Is the goal to wait until people stop talking about it and to save face by pretending it never happened?

They are finding out more stuff daily. I want them to keep finding stuff until Tuesday February 9th when actual presentation begins. They are arresting people. You know that it takes time to get to the head of the snakes.

• Like 2

When does Garland take over at the DOJ? I know Biden is keeping Wray at the FBI so things there should be steady, at least from a leadership perspective. When do the Pentagon stooges Orange Traitor installed get removed from decision making? 

I want rash, responsible analysis of this entire thing. We don't need Dem leadership spouting off some half-ass story until they have a clear picture of WTF happened. Then I want ****ing heads to roll. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And the excuses keep getting weaker...

Long Island man, 27, charged with taking part in the Capitol riot claims he is NOT a Trump supporter and was in DC to 'understand' MAGA insurgents

A man from New York has been charged over his alleged role in riots at the Capitol three weeks ago - but insists he is not a Trump supporter and was only in Washington to 'understand' MAGA fans. 

The FBI was tipped off that Christopher Ortiz, 27, from Huntington, Long Island, had been at the riot with several people coming forward with the information.

Ortiz also posted to his Instagram story that appeared to show him entering the Capitol building alongside other protesters on January 6th. 

But outside court on Wednesday he insisted: 'I'm not somebody who walks around wearing a MAGA hat, I'm not that kind of person. I wanted to understand what's going on with the people I don't really align with.'

38570216-9195481-image-m-25_161180315518

38570214-9195481-image-m-26_161180316874

Text messages with an FBI witness were including in the charging documents in which Ortiz is alleged to have said: 'I'd storm the Capitol for you any day'

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Ghouliani is going to spend the rest of his days getting nailed in court. I guarantee he gets disbarred, and will appealing millions in successful lawsuits against him until he is pronounced dead or mentally incompetent.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Destino said:

Well that wouldn't be very unifying if they started arresting the criminals in the previous administration would it...

Every one of those ****ers need to see the inside of a prison. This is insane, a coup with the evidence staring everyone in the face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Disproportionate number of current and former military personnel arrested in Capitol attack, CNN analysis shows

Active military personnel and veterans are over-represented among the first 150 people to be arrested and have records released for federal offenses in the violence and insurrection at the US Capitol.

Analysis by CNN of Pentagon records and court proceedings show 21 of the 150, or 14%, are current or former members of the US military. That is more than double the proportion of servicemen and women and veterans in the adult US population, calculated from Census Bureau and Department of Defense statistics. In 2018, there were 1.3 million active-duty members of the services and 18 million veterans. Together, they comprised just 5.9% of the overall 327 million US population at the end of 2018.

Two of those arrested are in the Army, and two are National Guardsmen. Of the 17 veterans, six are former Army, eight are former Marines, two served in the Navy, and one was in the Air Force. Their service records show at least one served in Vietnam; others were deployed in the wars of Afghanistan and Iraq. At least one earned a Purple Heart. They were discharged with a variety of ranks and included officers -- a captain and a lieutenant colonel.

And on January 6, the active and former military personnel are accused of declaring a war at home -- attacking the Constitution they once swore to defend, some even equipped with military gear and weapons.

• Sad 1