Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

^^^^ I really hope they are working on building a case against her for something serious like terrorism, sedition or whatever else fits. People like her at a minimum should not be allowed to hold office, but really should either be in jail or a mental facility.

Edited by China
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Oh damn. **** about to get really real for some of these guys.

Hopefully It's just some.  

Part of me would be OK if half of them got a trespass change, and maybe 40 hours of community service.  (Can you do that, at the federal level?)  

But I also want leverage.  Some of them absolutely did go in there with "amateur military" planning and intent.  

And I have no trouble at all with sedition, or felony murder, charges, against some of them.  Like whoever was live-feeding them the plans to the building, or the locations of the Congressmen.  

• Like 1

150 out of 800.  A ways to go yet, even if they don't go after them all.

‘THIS IS ME’: Rioters flaunt involvement in Capitol siege

These suspects weren’t exactly in hiding.

“THIS IS ME,” one man posted on Instagram with a hand emoji pointing to himself in a picture of the violent mob descending on the U.S. Capitol. “Sooo we’ve stormed Capitol Hill lol,” one woman texted someone while inside the building. “I just wanted to incriminate myself a little lol,” another wrote on Facebook about a selfie he took inside during the Jan. 6 riot.

In dozens of cases, supporters of President Donald Trump downright flaunted their activity on social media on the day of the deadly insurrection. Some, apparently realizing they were in trouble with the law, deleted their accounts only to discover their friends and family members had already taken screenshots of their selfies, videos and comments and sent them to the FBI.

Their total lack of concern over getting caught and their friends’ willingness to turn them in has helped authorities charge about 150 people as of Monday with federal crimes. But even with the help from the rioters themselves, investigators must still work rigorously to link the images to the vandalism and suspects to the acts on Jan. 6 in order to prove their case in court. And because so few were arrested at the scene, the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service have been forced to send agents to track suspects down.

“Some of you have recognized that this was such an egregious incident that you’ve turned in your own friends and family members,” Steven D’Antuono, the assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Washington office, said of the tipsters Tuesday. “We know that those decisions are often painful, but you picked up the phone because it’s the right thing to do.”

In the last few weeks, the FBI has received more than 200,000 photos and video tips related to the riot. Investigators have put up billboards in several states with photos of wanted rioters. Working on tips from co-workers, acquaintances and friends, agents have tracked down driver’s license photos to match their faces with those captured on camera in the building. In some cases, authorities got records from Facebook or Twitter to connect their social media accounts to their email addresses or phone numbers. In others, agents used records from license plate readers to confirm their travels.

More than 800 are believed to have made their way into the Capitol, although it’s likely not everyone will be tracked down and charged with a crime. Federal prosecutors are focusing on the most critical cases and the most egregious examples of wrongdoing. And they must weigh manpower, cost and evidence when charging rioters.

Click on the link for the full article

6 minutes ago, China said:

In dozens of cases, supporters of President Donald Trump downright flaunted their activity on social media on the day of the deadly insurrection.

Well, their hero proudly admitted to breaking the law.  And he received zero punishment.  Because he was a Republican, and Republicans intentionally decided that breaking the law isn;t illegal if you're a Republican.  

And it remains to be seen whether the same is true of these folks.  

U.S. Attorney expects indictments in U.S. Capitol breach as soon as this week

The top federal prosecutor investigating the violent breach of the U.S. Capitol said on Tuesday he expects indictments will be handed down as soon as this week, as the FBI works to track down more than 400 suspects in the sprawling investigation.

More than 135 people have been arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 breach, which left five people dead and sent members of Congress rushing to safety, Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin told a news briefing.

The vast majority of the suspects to date were arrested on criminal complaints, which serve as a placeholder that allow the government to build a criminal case until it can be presented to a grand jury. A person cannot be convicted solely on a criminal complaint in federal court.

To date, only a handful of indictments have been returned against the more than 100 people charged with a range of crimes, from minor trespassing offenses to more serious allegations such as assault on police officers and conspiracy charges.

“We’re continuing to build the evidence related to these charges,” Sherwin said. “The individuals that were charged via the federal criminal complaints will then be indicted in the very near future to include this week.”

The FBI is investigating whether groups of people may have plotted in advance to storm the Capitol, and Sherwin said on Tuesday he expects some will be facing seditious conspiracy charges.

FBI arrests Burleson man who claimed to be a citizen journalist at Capitol riots

A Burleson man was arrested Tuesday morning after the FBI says he took part in the U.S. Capitol riots on Jan. 6. He claimed he was a citizen journalist, and posted to social media before and after the insurrection, according to a criminal complaint.

Nicholas DeCarlo, 30, faces three charges in federal court, according to a criminal complaint filed on Jan. 19: entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds, intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, and parading or demonstrating on Capitol grounds.

DeCarlo is the seventh person from North Texas who has been publicly identified by the FBI and charged in the insurrection. He appeared in court at 2:30 p.m. in Fort Worth where he waived his right to a preliminary hearing. Prosecutors didn't ask the court to detain him. 

Decarlo was later released on bond Tuesday. He must remain under home detention and can't travel anywhere outside of North Texas other than Washington D.C. where his case will resume. 

He cannot go near the U.S. Capitol. 

The FBI criminal complaint, filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, says DeCarlo told the Los Angeles Times that he was a reporter. The FBI said he was not credentialed as a reporter at the Capitol while the LA Times said he had a YouTube channel with less than 600 followers.

The criminal complaint says DeCarlo posted photos throughout the day with Nicholas Ochs, who faces a count of unlawful entry into restricted buildings or grounds. The FBI said Ochs is the leader and founder of the Hawaii chapter of the "Proud Boys."

One photo in the complaint allegedly shows Ochs and DeCarlo smoking inside the Capitol building. Ochs posted the caption “Hello from the Capital [sic] lol” 

Amazon bans Oath Keepers and Three Percenters groups from charitable shopping program

After pressure from activist group Sleeping Giants, Amazon has banned groups tied to the Oath Keepers and the Three Percenters militia movements from its AmazonSmile charity program, the company tells The Verge. Members of the Oath Keepers and the Three Percenters have been arrested for their suspected involvement in the January 6th attack of the US Capitol.

Through its AmazonSmile program, Amazon donates 0.5 percent of eligible purchases on the site to a user’s chosen charity. Users can pick from more than 1 million charities — a list that, until recently, included the Oath Keepers and Three Percenters groups. AmazonSmile’s participation agreement says that groups that engage in or support hate, terrorism, or violence aren’t eligible for AmazonSmile.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2021 at 10:21 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Take him for all his money. Hell, indebt his next 10 generations. 😁

Rudy Giuliani Warns Dominion Against Lawsuit: 'I'm a Crazy Guy, I Really Am, Just Really Crazy'

Rudy Giuliani, attorney for former President Donald Trump, responded Monday to a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit filed against him by Dominion Voting Systems.

Giuliani had publicly supported Trump's baseless claims that widespread voter fraud had been a factor in President Joe Biden's victory. Among the conspiracy theories peddled by Giuliani was an allegation that tabulation machines manufactured by Dominion Voting Systems had been programmed to flip votes from Trump to Biden. Many of the lawsuits filed by Giuliani and other members of Trump's legal team, attempting to overturn the results of the election, failed. In its Monday filing, Dominion said that Giuliani's allegations had damaged the company's reputation.

"What do you think I am, some kind of jackass?" Giuliani asked. "That's intended to frighten me, you want to frighten me. You want to scare me, like you have some of these companies and stations that have gone ahead and kissed your you-know-what. Because they're afraid of you."

"Well, I tell you I'm a crazy guy, I really am, I'm just really crazy," Giuliani continued. "So not only haven't you scared me, you've actually given me something that I couldn't get through the censorship that's been set up so nobody can see your machines."

Giuliani asserted that the lawsuit would allow his "independent experts" to examine the voting machines and delve deeply into Dominion's investors and business connections.

During Monday's edition of Giuliani's Chat with the Mayor program on WABC, Giuliani scoffed at the billion-dollar lawsuit.

• Haha 3

January 5 Meeting at Trump International Hotel Could Hold the Key to the January 6 Insurrection

The night before the insurrection, a large group of Trump family and advisers held an urgent meeting with January 6 organizers at the president's private residence in DC.

Well after dark on January 5, 2021—just 15 hours before an insurrection against the United States government incited by the President of the United States—Nebraska Republican Charles W. Herbster, at the time the National Chairman of the Agriculture and Rural Advisory Committee for the Trump administration, attended a private meeting of Trump family members, Trump administration officials, Trump campaign advisers, January 6 organizers, and at least one member of the United States Senate at Trump International Hotel in Washington.

In attendance at the large and only recently uncovered meeting, conducted “in the private residence of the President” at his hotel, were, according to Herbster’s account, the following individuals (Note: Donald Trump’s presence at the meeting, either in person or via speakerphone, as yet remains unclear, so his name is temporarily absent from this listing):

Donald Trump Jr., eldest son of the president

Eric Trump, second-eldest son of the president

Michael Flynn, former National Security Advisor to the president

Peter Navarro, Assistant to the President, Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy, and National Defense Production Act Policy Coordinator

Corey Lewandowski, 2016 Trump campaign manager

David Bossie, 2016 Trump deputy campaign manager

Adam Piper, executive director of the Republican Attorneys General Association

Tommy Tuberville, United States senator from the State of Alabama

According to research by political strategist and regular CNN, MSNBC, The Hill, CBS, and Fox News contributor Cheri Jacobus, Txtwire CEO Daniel Beck claims he was at the January 5 meeting also, and that additional attendees at the gathering included the following three people:

Rudy Giuliani, personal attorney to the President of the United States

Kimberly Guilfoyle, girlfriend of Donald Trump Jr.

Michael Lindell, Trump donor and MyPillow CEO

In a Facebook post, Beck claims that there were “fifteen of us [who] spent the evening [January 5]” at Trump International Hotel in DC, a statement that tracks with the nine attendees listed by Herbster, the additional three referenced by Beck himself, and a photograph Beck took on January 5 in which he appears outside the hotel with an unidentified woman and three unidentified men, two wearing red “Make America Great Again” caps:

While we cannot know if these co-conspirators discussed the possibility of violence on January 6, that they contemplated the crime that most of the January 6 insurrectionists have now been charged with—Unlawfully Entering a Restricted Building—is all but certain, as is the fact that the purpose of such entries was to put improper pressure on government officials to reverse course on a government action.

In simpler terms, the purpose of the January 5 meeting at the Trump International Hotel in D.C. was arguably seditious conspiracy—as it appears to have been intended to promote and incite criminal acts by a mob whose purpose was to intimidate federal officials engaged in the certification of a democratically elected branch of government.

Click on the link for more