Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Special counsel subpoenas Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger in January 6 probe

Special counsel Jack Smith has subpoenaed Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election and the US Capitol attack on January 6, 2021.

Mike Hassinger, public information officer with the Georgia secretary of state’s office, confirmed that Raffensperger’s office has received a subpoena from Smith.

“At the request of the Justice Department, we have no further comment,” Hassinger said in an email to CNN.

The grand jury activity expands on previous investigative steps the Justice Department has taken to understand efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies in battleground states after the election.

Since Thanksgiving, Smith has brought a number of close Trump associates before a grand jury in Washington, DC, including two former White House lawyers, three of Trump’s closest aides, and his former speechwriter Stephen Miller.

Smith has also issued a flurry of subpoenas, including to election officials in battleground states where Trump tried to overturn his loss in 2020.

But Raffensperger could prove to be a particularly compelling witness. His profile grew after the 2020 election when he resisted Trump’s efforts to pressure him to “find” the votes necessary for Trump to win Georgia in an infamous January 2021 phone call.

The Georgia Republican has already spoken with the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection, and he testified publicly this summer about the threats he received after standing up to Trump.

It’s unclear how long Smith, who will also oversee the investigation into the potential mishandling of federal records taken to Mar-a-Lago after Trump left the White House, may continue to work before deciding on any charges in the probes.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Mark Meadows Exchanged Texts With 34 Members Of Congress About Plans To Overturn The 2020 Election

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows exchanged text messages with at least 34 Republican members of Congress as they plotted to overturn President Trump’s loss in the 2020 election. 

Those messages are being fully, publicly documented here for the first time. 

The texts are part of a trove Meadows turned over to the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack that was obtained by TPM. For more information about the story behind the text log and our procedures for publishing the messages, read the introduction to this series. Meadows’ exchanges shed new light on the extent of congressional involvement in Trump’s efforts to spread baseless conspiracy theories about his defeat and his attempts to reverse it. The messages document the role members played in the campaign to subvert the election as it was conceived, built, and reached its violent climax on Jan. 6, 2021. The texts are rife with links to far-right websites, questionable legal theories, violent rhetoric, and advocacy for authoritarian power grabs.

One message identified as coming from Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC) to Meadows on January 17, 2021, three days before Joe Biden was set to take office, is a raw distillation of the various themes in the congressional correspondence. In the text, despite a typo, Norman seemed to be proposing a dramatic last ditch plan: having Trump impose martial law during his final hours in office. 

Mark, in seeing what’s happening so quickly, and reading about the Dominion law suits attempting to stop any meaningful investigation we are at a point of � no return � in saving our Republic !! Our LAST HOPE is invoking Marshall Law!! PLEASE URGE TO PRESIDENT TO DO SO!!

The text, which has not previously been reported, is a particularly vivid example of how congressional opposition to Biden’s election was underpinned by paranoid and debunked conspiracy theories like those about Dominion voting machines. Norman’s text also showed the potentially violent lengths to which some congressional Republicans were willing to go in order to keep Trump in power. The log Meadows provided to the select committee does not include a response to Norman’s message. 

Reached via cell phone on Monday morning, Norman asked TPM for a chance to review his messages before commenting. 

“It’s been two years,” Norman said. “Send that text to me and I’ll take a look at it.”

TPM forwarded Norman a copy of the message calling for “Marshall Law!!” We did not receive any further response from the congressman.  

Based on TPM’s analysis, Meadows received at least 364 messages from Republican members of Congress who discussed attempts to reverse the election results with him. He sent at least 95 messages of his own.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Judge formally dismisses Trump’s case for a Mar-a-Lago special master

The special master review of evidence seized from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate is no more.

Judge Aileen Cannon on Monday formally dismissed the case, which Trump brought to challenge the Mar-a-Lago evidence collection and in which she appointed special master Raymond Dearie, another judge, to make recommendations on whether prosecutors could access evidence.

The dismissal of the case now gives the Justice Department full access to tens of thousands of records and other items found among documents marked as classified in Trump’s beach club and private office.

Cannon’s dismissal follows the appeals court above her deciding that she had no authority to be involved in the Justice Department criminal investigation before any charges are brought. The court told Cannon the case must be dismissed and there will be no further proceedings before Cannon in the Southern District of Florida.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, China said:

FFS, do ANY members of the GOP know that it's "martial law'? lol...I thought the misspelling was limited to the talking dim bulb that is Marjorie Taylor Greene. I guess not.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

FFS, do ANY members of the GOP know that it's "martial law'? lol...I thought the misspelling was limited to the talking dim bulb that is Marjorie Taylor Greene. I guess not.

Nope

They think it's Marshall Law like Marshall Dillon or some **** (and I use the word "think" loosely)

The dregs

The loser's club

It amazes me that anyone ever believes they are somehow going to just get better on their own

They're not

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Don’t understand why they don’t list these guys out.  From what I’ve found so far, it’s:

Ralph Norman, SC

Ted Budd, NC (now a Senator)

Rape Abetter, OH

Scott Perry, PA

Greg Murphy, NC

Mark Green, TN

That’s only six of the 34.  Name them.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Don’t understand why they don’t list these guys out.  From what I’ve found so far, it’s:

Ralph Norman, SC

Rape Abetter, OH

Scott Perry, PA

Greg Murphy, NC

Mark Green, TN

This article lists all 34 with the author(s) follow-up responses from some of the 34. 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/mark-meadows-exchanged-texts-with-34-members-of-congress-about-plans-to-overturn-the-2020-election

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

On the flip side, using the term, "Marshall Law," did provide for some quality memes about The Real Slim Shady taking over the White House.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/11/2022 at 6:07 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Would have thought almost getting beat would have convinced her to cool it on a maga bs… seems like she chose the other option.

she got twice the votes of her challenger:

image.png.6c44a249c7d511d4f5a25d63e15c4f59.png

you are mixing her up with the OTHER bat**** crazy moron, Boebert (who almost lost)

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Ralph Norman, SC

Rape Abetter, OH

Scott Perry, PA

Greg Murphy, NC

Mark Green, TN

Rape Abetter, OH .....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/13/2022 at 4:36 AM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

74cxj0.jpg

• Haha 7

Trial starts: Alaska lawmaker with Oath Keepers ties

An Alaska lawmaker may be unfit to hold office because he’s a member of the Oath Keepers, a far-right extremist group that has either advocated for or engaged in concrete action to overthrow the U.S. government, a lawyer said Tuesday in opening arguments for a case against state Rep. David Eastman.

“We are going to present overwhelming evidence on both those elements,” said Goriune Dudukgian, a lawyer with an Anchorage civil rights law firm. Dudukgian represents Randall Kowalke, a Wasilla resident whose lawsuit seeks to disqualify Eastman from holding office.

The bench trial before Superior Court Judge Jack McKenna will determine whether Eastman, a Wasilla Republican, will be allowed to be seated in the Legislature next month after winning reelection last month. McKenna earlier ordered the state Division of Elections not to certify the results of the race pending an outcome in this case.

Kowalke’s lawsuit points to a provision in the Alaska Constitution stating that no one who “advocates, or who aids or belongs to any party or organization or association which advocates, the overthrow by force or violence of the government of the United States or of the State shall be qualified to hold” public office.

• Like 2

Tech Firms Are Giving Money to Election Deniers Again

Some of the biggest technology and telecom companies jettisoned pledges made in the wake of the US Capitol assault and gave money to reelect lawmakers who voted against certifying Joe Biden’s electoral victory, according to filings reviewed by Bloomberg News.

The companies expressed horror after supporters of then-President Donald Trump went on a rampage Jan. 6, 2021, in an effort to halt Biden’s certification. Citing the need to defend democracy, the firms said they would suspend campaign donations to the 147 Republicans who voted against certifying the presidential election results that day.

In some cases those suspensions only lasted a few months, according to the Bloomberg News review of hundreds of campaign finance disclosures covering the period from March 2021 to last month. Major companies including AT&T Inc., Amazon.com Inc. and Intel Corp. quietly reopened the taps in time to help the GOP win control of the House of Representatives.

Other industries also resumed giving when it became clear Republicans were poised to retake the House — a tacit acknowledgment that election denial is still a powerful force in the party. But the Bloomberg News review revealed that the technology and telecom sectors were especially generous, contributing $1.3 million in total. And they targeted lawmakers overseeing a potentially hostile congressional agenda likely to include hearings on the treatment of conservative viewpoints on social media, among other topics.

• Thumb down 1

On 12/13/2022 at 4:36 AM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I got $100 that says at some point this asshat will use that as an excuse, especially if it comes to him possibly having criminal liability.

"I said Marshall law, not martial law! I was clearly trying to get some guy named Marshall to look into the election! I'd never advocate for martial law!"

Edit: Well, looks like that's out the window. He basically doubled down and admitted to misspelling "martial"   :ols:

Republican who urged Trump to declare ‘Marshall’ law only regrets misspelling

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I got $100 that says at some point this asshat will use that as an excuse, especially if it comes to him possibly having criminal liability.

"I said Marshall law, not martial law! I was clearly trying to get some guy named Marshall to look into the election! I'd never advocate for martial law!"

Edit: Well, looks like that's out the window. He basically doubled down and admitted to misspelling "martial"   :ols:

Republican who urged Trump to declare ‘Marshall’ law only regrets misspelling

Could still be referring to Sammo Hung's character Sammo Law from the show Martial Law.

• Like 1