Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Exclusive: Trump’s former White House ethics lawyer told Cassidy Hutchinson to give misleading testimony to January 6 committee, sources say

The January 6 committee made a startling allegation on Monday, claiming it had evidence that a Trump-backed attorney urged a key witness to mislead the committee about details they recalled.

Though the committee declined to identify the people, CNN has learned that Stefan Passantino, the top ethics attorney in the Trump White House, is the lawyer who allegedly advised his then-client, former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, to tell the committee that she did not recall details that she did, sources familiar with the committee’s work tell CNN.

Trump’s Save America political action committee funded Passantino and his law firm Elections LLC, including paying for his representation of Hutchinson, other sources tell CNN. The committee report notes the lawyer did not tell his client who was paying for the legal services.

When asked about pressure on Hutchinson after Monday’s hearing, committee member Rep. Zoe Lofgren, told CNN: “She was advised to say that she didn’t recall something when she did. So that’s pretty serious stuff.”

The episode is just one of several instances in which the committee has accused members of Trump’s orbit of trying to obstruct the panel’s investigation.

Click on the link for the full article

I guess this goes here...

"At the center of this imagined plot were machines from Dominion Voting Systems, which Ms. Powell claimed ran an algorithm that switched votes for Mr. Trump to votes for Joseph R. Biden Jr. Dominion machines, she insisted, were being used “to trash large batches of votes.”

Mr. Hannity interrupted her with a gentle question that had been circulating among election deniers, despite a lack of supporting proof: Why were Democrats silencing whistle-blowers who could prove this fraud?

Did Mr. Hannity believe any of this?

“I did not believe it for one second.”

That was the answer Mr. Hannity gave, under oath, in a deposition in Dominion’s $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News, according to information disclosed in a court hearing on Wednesday. The hearing was called to address several issues that need to be resolved before the case heads for a jury trial, which the judge has scheduled to begin in April.

Mr. Hannity’s disclosure — along with others that emerged from court on Wednesday about what Fox News executives and hosts really believed as their network became one of the loudest megaphones for lies about the 2020 election — is among the strongest evidence yet to emerge publicly that some Fox employees knew that what they were broadcasting was false.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/21/business/media/sean-hannity-fox-trump-election.html?auth=login-email&login=email&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

Well Stone doesn't want to reveal his true age because it would reveal how unnaturally old he is and thus make it evident that he's been drinking the blood of children to stay young.  Clearly this would be a serious crime, hence taking the 5th.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We can only hope:

Jim Jordan And Kevin McCarthy Could Find Themselves As ‘Defendants’ In DOJ Investigation, Former U.S. Attorney Says

Former U.S. attorney Barbara McQuade on Thursday said that GOP leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) could find themselves under investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice —even as they take control of the House— for their role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol and Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.

McQuade’s remarks came during an interview on MSNBC after host Alex Wagner pointed out the awkwardness of both McCarthy and Jordan having leadership positions in the next Congress while facing ethics referrals from the January 6 committee and the possibility of being investigated by the DOJ.

“Ethics referral is one thing, but do you think the DOJ is looking more closely at their actions? I mean, can you imagine the strange twilight zone where those investigating the January 6 committee are in themselves being investigated by the DOJ?” Wagner asked.

“Yes, I think it’s quite likely they’re under investigation in Jim Jordan and Kevin McCarthy,” McQuade replied. “I mean, we know that they were having direct communications with Donald Trump on January 6, I mean, at this point, I suppose they consider them to be witnesses. But I think they would want to know what they have to say I’m sure they’re going to get a request for an interview. Perhaps they’ll get a grand jury subpoena, and the Justice Department has the ability to compel their testimony.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 3:07 PM, China said:

Is it safe to assume he will be spending Christmas sad and alone?  Will he force them to open the golf course for him?

_medium.jpeg

I feel sorry for anyone who has to work at Mar-a-Lago for Christmas.

Clearly, by this message, we can assume he was left alone with his own thoughts (if you can call them that) for Christmas, and is ranting because he knows justice is coming.  Merry Christmas!

• Haha 3