Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Should we be concerned?   Sorry I didn't post the text, it's too big and would have taken up too much space.  

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/old-case-over-audio-tapes-bill-clintons-sock-drawer-could-impact

That refers the the Presidential Records Act.  The search at Mar-a-Lago was done under the Espionage Act.  Not the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's always interesting to watch when Trump sycophants get trotted out to try and defend it when he does indefensible things. You can tell that most of them don't believe a word they're saying but they know it would be right wing suicide for them to not take his side. Crenshaw clearly knew he was bull****ting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Trump Used Our Family Like ‘Disposable Pawns,’ Daughter of Convicted Jan. 6 Rioter Says

THE DAUGHTER OF a Jan. 6 rioter is speaking out against former President Donald Trump, claiming he used her family as “disposable pawns.”

Eighteen-year-old Peyton Reffit’s father is Guy Reffitt, a Texas man who has received the harshest sentence so far in relation to Jan. 6. Guy has been sentenced to more than seven years for his actions, including for bringing a gun into the mob. Although he never entered the Capitol building, prosecutors at his trial said he “lit the match” of the insurrection and helped turn the crowd “into an unstoppable force” as a member of anti-government group The Three Percenters.

“The former President Trump is not entirely responsible for my father’s actions that day on Jan. 6,” Peyton told Insider. “However, in my opinion, I believe he used orchestrated language that uses subliminal projection, leading up to and the day of, that in a real way bypasses his supporters’ rational thought and appeals to their deeper emotions.”

Guy’s son, Jackson Reffitt, flagged his father to the FBI before Jan. 6 because he was worried what his father might be plotting, although agents did not contact Jackson about his report until after the attack, when he confirmed his father was at the Capitol. Guy had sent photos of himself at the scene on Jan. 6 in a family group chat, Jackson told ABC News. According to an FBI affidavit, Guy threatened his children after the attack, pressing them not to speak to law enforcement and telling them, “If you turn me in, you’re a traitor, and you know what happens to traitors. Traitors get shot.”

Peyton believes Trump used her family as “disposable pawns” in his scheme to hold onto power. “We are an example of how the modern American family is becoming more fragile as the political climate rises,” Peyton said in a message to Insider. “There is not enough protecting American families from the effect of propaganda and misinformation.”

Peyton added that she hopes Trump is convicted for his actions around Jan. 6. “I think it would only be just for former President Trump to be convicted and serve the longest sentence about the events that occurred on Jan. 6, 2021,” Peyton said, adding that putting Trump behind bars “would be the accountability to set a true precedent for our future as a nation to protect all American families and democracy itself.”

Click on the link for the full story

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

That Special Master is going to have a lot of stuff to go through:

Trump Had More Than 300 Classified Documents at Mar-a-Lago

The initial batch of documents retrieved by the National Archives from former President Donald J. Trump in January included more than 150 marked as classified, a number that ignited intense concern at the Justice Department and helped trigger the criminal investigation that led F.B.I. agents to swoop into Mar-a-Lago this month seeking to recover more, multiple people briefed on the matter said.

In total, the government has recovered more than 300 documents with classified markings from Mr. Trump since he left office, the people said: that first batch of documents returned in January, another set provided by Mr. Trump’s aides to the Justice Department in June and the material seized by the F.B.I. in the search this month.

The previously unreported volume of the sensitive material found in the former president’s possession in January helps explain why the Justice Department moved so urgently to hunt down any further classified materials he might have.

Click on the link for the full article

Question, can he be charged once for each document, so 300 charges, or would they be combined into one charge?

18 minutes ago, China said:

That Special Master is going to have a lot of stuff to go through:

Trump Had More Than 300 Classified Documents at Mar-a-Lago

Question, can he be charged once for each document, so 300 charges, or would they be combined into one charge?

I would seek PB's backup, but it could go either way (depending upon the competency of the idiot's "attorneys'.)

And either way, if the charges stand and a jury convicts...they'll probably be combined to run concurrently. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
syntax