Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

48 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Thank you for all the kind words.   Instead of responding to every comment, I'd like to take a moment to clarify a few things...

1)   I said I would never vote for a Dem.   I never said I would always vote for a Rep.    I voted for Trump in 2016.   I did not vote for him or anyone else in 20.   And if it was Trump vs Biden in 24, I would not vote again.    

2)  I'm not a partisan right winger.   I completely agree that Today's party has lost it's way on a number of issues.   Reagan would be a RINO Today.

3)  I wish there was a strong third party.

4)  83 stands for 1/30/83....I was born in 76...in a communist country.   I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people who came here from a communist country vote  Republican....and it's not because we're religious nuts or Anti-gay, racist, etc....

As for why Republican politicians kiss Trump's ring....80% of the voters support Trump.  it's as simple as that.   They want to keep their jobs/power.

If Trump was a Dem. and said....."Abortion is fantastic"...."solar panel's for all"..."tax the rich"...etc....The media, Pelosi, Schumer would love him.     You'd hear as much about him saying that you can grab women by the......as you hear about Hunter's laptop.     And when Trump would have lost an election and screamed that it was because of "voter suppression", you had better believe the left wing corporate media would nod their heads.

But he didn't. He used to be a registered Democrat. He's said that he chose the Republican party because he could manipulate those voters more easily. That tells me that Democrats were too smart for him, that they'd see through his grift. So what does that say about the majority of Republican voters? Plus the Tea Party was really the John Birch Society under a new name. The Republicans have been trying to take back power since Hoover. They hate FDR's New Deal and Johnson's the Great Society. If you look at it from the long view, for the South it stems from losing the Civil War and the freeing of their economic advantage, the slaves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There’s no gaurantee Desantis will be good nationally. He’s the darling now but we have yet to see how he plays on the national stage.  We’ve seen right and left wing darlings crash and burn. Remember 2016 and Rick Walker. Marco Rubio, etc..

I can’t wait for President DeSantis so he can continue to dismantle public education on a national level just as fast as he has been doing down here in Florida. 😐

• Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

An even better example is Al Franken, who actually seemed extremely competent at his job and was basically forced to resign because of some inappropriate behavior on a USO tour that wouldn’t even be acknowledged if it were Matt Gaetz or one of these other horrible elected officials that face no accountability because owning the libs is more important than anything else.

If that had happened with Matt Gaetz he would have come out with some statement like "That chick is ugly, there's no way I would have done that to a dog like that. Fake news!"

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think most Republicans felt that way prior to him running.   I think most still do, even if they support him.   

I'd be shocked if more than 5-10% of Republican politicians actually like Trump.    Maybe one of them is the MAL mole.  

Thank you for so succinctly describing the moral and ethical bankruptcy of the Republican party.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

What kind of poor sap cuts and runs from authoritarianism in their birth country but then comes to America and supports authoritarianism here?  Seems kinda pathetic.

Propaganda works man. It’s ****ed up. I thought the same thing. You run from authoritarianism to go to another country and help establish it. And can write that **** out in text hit submit and not even see it. I don’t even know what to do with that 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'll bite:  why?

Its certainly true for the cuban immigrant population...the narrative as to why they vote Republican frequently centers on Kennedy and lack of official support during the bay of pigs...though as with most things I suspect its more complicated than that.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If that had happened with Matt Gaetz he would have come out with some statement like "That chick is ugly, there's no way I would have done that to a dog like that. Fake news!"

. . . and his poll numbers in the piece of **** district that keeps electing him would have gone up 6 points.

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I can’t wait for President DeSantis so he can continue to dismantle public education on a national level just as fast as he has been doing down here in Florida. 😐

And kill people with covid. Florida is still top 15  highest from the stats I've read in covid mortality rate. All that without a city over 1million people. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There’s no gaurantee Desantis will be good nationally. He’s the darling now but we have yet to see how he plays on the national stage.  We’ve seen right and left wing darlings crash and burn. Remember 2016 and Rick Walker. Marco Rubio, etc..

Rick"Doc" Walker?   I'd vote for him.   

• Haha 1

Just now, Jabbyrwock said:

Its certainly true for the cuban immigrant population...the narrative as to why they vote Republican frequently centers on Kennedy and lack of official support during the bay of pigs...though as with most things I suspect its more complicated than that.

Part of it is that you have dip****s like Marjorie Taylor Green, Lauren Boebert, and others who call every Democrat they disagree with "communist" and who warn that voting Democrat will result in the takeover of America by Godless commies. That constant drumbeat has to have some effect on otherwise low information people who - from first hand experience - genuinely abhor Communism. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And I also find it ironic that you were born in a authoritarian communist country and yet now that you're here you back the party that has turned straight up unapologetically 100% authoritarian and don't really even try to hide it.

It’s like when the liberals get sick of northern Virginia and move out here, then support the same policies they ran away from

jerks. 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s like when the liberals get sick of northern Virginia and move out here, then support the same policies they ran away from

jerks. 

Oh, I don't know, I'm holding fast to liberal policies that support actual live humans down here in Texas.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Rick"Doc" Walker?   I'd vote for him.   

... just to hear his speeches. 

"The State of the Union is STRONG people. Our D is ready to release the BEAST on terrorist regimes.  I've instructed Secretary of Defense Dexter Manley to GET AFTER IT. He's got our armed forces out there sweating on two-a-day maneuvers.  Them boys are gonna be prepared for battle on any given Sunday." 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But guys, they aren’t brainwashed by big media.  They are “free thinkers” that choose to solely absorb right wing media, memes and Internet personalities.  🤣

What I find ironic, is how the right loathes Zuckerberg and all the other social media heads, but if not for their platforms the GOP would be damn near extinct.  The right has used these platforms strategically better than the Dems could ever think about.  They have converted so many folks that voted Democrat or not at all to vote Red with their 24/7 propaganda on social media outlets.  I can’t tell you how many people I personally know- family, friends, acquaintances- that never gave an iota of a crap about politics, started transforming into hardcore ‘conservatives’ from the moment they started a profile on Facebook.

We are maga, resistance is futile.

I think I joined Facebook to play games initially. FarmVille and the like.

If you are easily swayed by stuff you see on the internet/ social media; you are really that intelligent and that’s definitely the 74 million who voted for Donny.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Oh yea.  Republican policies are why California has crumbled.   LOL.   

Hi. Californian here for 23 years now.

We had a 100 Billion dollar surplus on the state budget coming into 2022/23 state fiscal year (aka July 1 2022 to June 20 2023).

California hasn't crumbled. It simply rebounded under Jerry Brown and has continued to prosper under Newsom.

But I know your information sources would never tell you that, since Democrats have ruled the state since we got rid of Arnie in 2011.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Yea, ok.   Gavin Newsom tell you that?  

No

Economic data and quality of life data as well as other metrics tell me that. 

I realize these words are foreign to you, but I gotta tell it like it is. 

Meanwhile our favorite red state Alabama had the worst poverty in the United States DEVELOPED WORLD

https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-un-poverty-environmental-racism-743601

Edited by tshile