Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

While in Arkansas for the past few weeks, the issue of planted evidence came up.  I told them I had to laugh every time that came up as a defense.  I told them every time I hear it I think of Marion Barry and "the **** set me up!"

I told them not to worry overly much and to think about the trial Marion Barry had where he was only convicted of one thing, and eventually he even became mayor again.  I then directed them to the Wiki page because in AK, they didn't grow up with the legion of Barry supporters whose opinion of him didn't allow conviction even when evidence was overwhelming.  I said Trump is their Marion Barry test for ability to see facts of misdeeds presented in overwhelming fashion, only on a national stage.  I told them I hope the nation does a better job than his jury did.

"

"**** set me up...I shouldn't have come up here...goddamn ****".[54]

Barry was charged with three felony counts of perjury, 10 counts of drug possession, and one misdemeanor count of conspiracy to possess cocaine, even though the cocaine belonged to the government informant. The criminal trial ended in August 1990 with a conviction for only one possession incident, which had occurred in November 1989, and an acquittal on another. The jury deadlocked on the remaining charges. Six or seven jurors (of whom two were white and the rest black) believed that the evidence against Barry was overwhelming and that he had displayed "arrogance" during the trial. Against these, five black jurors were convinced that the prosecution had falsified evidence and testimony as part of a racist conspiracy against Barry, and even disputed factual findings that had not been contested in court.[55][56] After scolding the jurors for not following his instructions, presiding judge Thomas Penfield Jackson declared a mistrial on the remaining charges,"

My first vote was in 1972 when I was 21. I've always voted for Democrats because I could see where Republicans were going with Nixon, confirmed with his resignation, and solidified with Reagan. 

Eisenhower was a liberal because the Republican party supported everything Democrats do now. Republicans have left the fascist, Nazi, and white supremists out from under their rocks. The John Birch Society writ large.

FB_IMG_1612361627123.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

I have only ever voted one time and it was in 2020.

And I did it not because I wanted Biden to win (nothing against him really or anything) but more so because I didn't want Trump to win again.

A silver lining about Trump's presidency is that it actually got me paying attention to politics a bit.  Prior I had never because it was so boring.  And I like it now that the President is back to being boring lol.  At least he's not a complete buffoon and I'm not embarrassed to be an American when traveling out of the country.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I know.  And I can’t understand how they consciously backpedaled from that moment.  I know the answer to every question is money and power but…

Dude, it's not even Jan 6th.  These ****ing people got on their knees for him in 2016.  Ted Cruz, who has the spine of a jelly donut, fell in line after TRUMP WENT AFTER HIS WIFE'S LOOKS.  Marco Rubio, who was all anti-Trump to begin with and who Trump mocked as "Little Marco" throughout the race, has been slurping him for years.  

These ****ing dolts can't stand up for themselves and their loved ones, why would it be out of the question for them to look the other way on January 6th?  

IMO, it's because they're ****ing lazy and addicted to their money and their power.  I am convinced that if you have no soul, it is easy to be a politician.  You say a lot of things, make a lot of promises that you know you probably won't be able to deliver on, get into office and you're set.  These guys don't ****ing work.  And if Ted Cruz ever wasn't re-elected, he gets a cush job on Fox News.  It's easy street.  

11 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Just want to point out that there’s almost zero difference between FL83 saying he’d never vote democrat and saying Liz Cheney “sucks a million dicks”.  Both are useless partisan extremism.

Dude, whatever.  WHAT EVER.

Let's get to the real **** here.  Which of these two things would you rather SEE?  I bet Liz could get through at least 15-20.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Just want to point out that there’s almost zero difference between FL83 saying he’d never vote democrat and saying Liz Cheney “sucks a million dicks”.  Both are useless partisan extremism.

Cheney had no problem supporting anything Trump before J6. She can suck a million dicks just like anyone else who supported MAGA.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Yes, that is a partisan comment on my part.  I was taking a shortcut to say “while I adamantly disagree with her ideas for creating a well functioning national economic budget and social policy, at least she found the backbone to draw a line at the last possible moment”.

Didn’t think it needed to be explained but yep, you got me.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Dude, it's not even Jan 6th.  These ****ing people got on their knees for him in 2016.  Ted Cruz, who has the spine of a jelly donut, fell in line after TRUMP WENT AFTER HIS WIFE'S LOOKS.  Marco Rubio, who was all anti-Trump to begin with and who Trump mocked as "Little Marco" throughout the race, has been slurping him for years.  

These ****ing dolts can't stand up for themselves and their loved ones, why would it be out of the question for them to look the other way on January 6th?  

IMO, it's because they're ****ing lazy and addicted to their money and their power.  I am convinced that if you have no soul, it is easy to be a politician.  You say a lot of things, make a lot of promises that you know you probably won't be able to deliver on, get into office and you're set.  These guys don't ****ing work.  And if Ted Cruz ever wasn't re-elected, he gets a cush job on Fox News.  It's easy street.  

Dude, whatever.  WHAT EVER.

Let's get to the real **** here.  Which of these two things would you rather SEE?  I bet Liz could get through at least 15-20.  

Well, 2016 were personal attacks and I can see a person doing the calculus and arriving at the decision of suffering embarrassment for money and power.  The other are attacks on our very democracy and the oath they swore to the duties of their office and country.  Much higher stakes.

Its the difference between self-respect and moral obligation.

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Well, 2016 were personal attacks and I can see a person doing the calculus and arriving at the decision of suffering embarrassment for money and power.  The other are attacks on our very democracy and the oath they swore to the duties of their office and country.  Much higher stakes.

Its the difference between self-respect and moral obligation.

I kinda disagree. If someone attacks your wife and you look the other way, you probably don’t care much about anything else. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I kinda disagree. If someone attacks your wife and you look the other way, you probably don’t care much about anything else. 

I mean, you’re right, they’re in the same arena.  One just affects a whole lot more people but they are cut from the same cloth for sure.

Re: LSFs Ike meme.
That is exactly right.

To us now they are liberal policies, but it's really just government doing what government SHOULD do... every one of those initiatives protect our citizens from those who would exploit them.

To the other person (TEG?) who said my brand of conservatism died in 2016,, i guess that would've been it's final rattle, but it was gone long before. I used to really like John McCain, but when he let them hitch Sarah Palin to his wagon,, that was the final spasm to me. I had wanted to vote for him for President for a long time, he had a great record and was able and willing to reach across the aisle to better the American people. 
But that..  he lost my vote. With disgust, I might add.

As it is now, I am a little worried because nice as they may seem, one side with too much power can be as bad as the other, albeit in different ways. Balance is required. Balance of ideas and thought and philosophy. Historically, it is a huge part of our strength.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for all the kind words.   Instead of responding to every comment, I'd like to take a moment to clarify a few things...

1)   I said I would never vote for a Dem.   I never said I would always vote for a Rep.    I voted for Trump in 2016.   I did not vote for him or anyone else in 20.   And if it was Trump vs Biden in 24, I would not vote again.    

2)  I'm not a partisan right winger.   I completely agree that Today's party has lost it's way on a number of issues.   Reagan would be a RINO Today.

3)  I wish there was a strong third party.

4)  83 stands for 1/30/83....I was born in 76...in a communist country.   I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people who came here from a communist country vote  Republican....and it's not because we're religious nuts or Anti-gay, racist, etc....

As for why Republican politicians kiss Trump's ring....80% of the voters support Trump.  it's as simple as that.   They want to keep their jobs/power.

If Trump was a Dem. and said....."Abortion is fantastic"...."solar panel's for all"..."tax the rich"...etc....The media, Pelosi, Schumer would love him.     You'd hear as much about him saying that you can grab women by the......as you hear about Hunter's laptop.     And when Trump would have lost an election and screamed that it was because of "voter suppression", you had better believe the left wing corporate media would nod their heads.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Trump just put out a statement referencing all the docs Obama had. Of course Trump spelled out Obama's full name, including the Hussein for the benefit of all his rubes who believe Obama was an evil Muslim.

And of course Trump's statement was a crock of ****.  Obama went through the legal process of obtaining those documents for his Presidential library. Everything went through the National Archives.  The Archives then, over time, processed the documents before releasing them.

Why Obama Was Allowed to Take White House Records but Trump Wasn't (businessinsider.com)

• Thumb up 1